PDA

View Full Version : Speed trap in Sheridan

Concabar
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 06:58 PM
FYI. Around 285 and Federal (right before the Sheridan exit), the Sheridan Police has/had a van parked on the westbound side snapping pictures of speeding vehicles in the construction zone. Can't miss the van or the bright ass flashes. This was about 215p today. I know it is a bit late, but it may be a reoccurring thing.

madvlad
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
They are there constantly and switch spots often to keep people guessing. That van is sneaky as hell, newer silver chrysler town and country.

Zach929rr
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the past 3 months. Guess I can't give you too much shit since you just moved I think. It is a regular occurrence around the construction there.

Concabar
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks for sparing me, I think. ;) Yes been here 1 month. Yea people at work were talking about it, but I never seen it till today. I rarely go that way, unless I am in my work car. Yea it was Silver or White, very conspicuous, can't miss it with it's decal stuck to the side.

madvlad
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Actually it might be a newer dodge caravan lol... Though same thing as a town and country but it just hit me lol... Construction areas are hot spots for speed traps

Concabar
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Yea same difference. I have seen the bike cops out there trying to hide, but never the vans on that road.

madvlad
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Well problem being is that when you notice the van you already have had a whole life portrait taken lol

Concabar
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Haha. That or the bright ass flash it shoots off as it catches the vehicle in front of me. If it catches faces of people in the car, I can just imagine the people expressions.

madvlad
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Lol mind eraser status for sure

Concabar
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Yea no doubt

Fernman
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM
If its a minivan now then it is a big upgrade from the 90's Astro van they used to have , big indication of how much speeders it is actually catching.

madvlad
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 09:03 PM
If its a minivan now then it is a big upgrade from the 90's Astro van they used to have , big indication of how much speeders it is actually catching.

Not much difference being a base model and still a box lol

AOK303
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 10:07 PM
first off they didnt pay for the van they just took one from the impound lot
and second of all someone threw a milk shake at it yesterday hahaha

madvlad
Thu Aug 4th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Haha that would've been funny to see

Ezzzzy1
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 12:49 AM
The only reason I wear a helmet is so I dont get a ticket from these things :lol:

Also another thread for the reading... http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40187

Swift
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 02:10 AM
I blew up a crown vic underneath an overpass today with C4 because I didn't like the red and blue lights the guy added to the roof.

Concabar
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 07:46 AM
first off they didnt pay for the van they just took one from the impound lot
and second of all someone threw a milk shake at it yesterday hahaha

Up in Alaska, they would get the most f'ed up vehicles like a '90 Astro van and sit up on the overpasses trying to catch someone speeding.

Xtremjeepn
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the past 3 months.

3 months:lol:

Sheridan has been a speed trap for over 30 years!! That has always been a section of road not to speed on.

mr.white
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 11:45 PM
http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-investigation-are-red-light-tickets-worthless-too-20110504,0,1980898.story

From the other thread right there. Funny thing is I have all my vehicles registered in wyoming, so good luck finding me to serve me lol.

WolFeYeZ
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Would it be illegal to politely place a biodegradable plastic bag over the camera on one of these vans? :D

Ghost
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Would it be illegal to politely place a biodegradable plastic bag over the camera on one of these vans? :D
Illegal, yes, but if you do it correctly then they wouldn't know it was you, right?

Concabar
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty sure the van yall are talking about is Denver.

The decal said Sheridan Police Department. It was on a rectangular magnet on the sliding doors in white with blue lettering.

Concabar
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Thank you. I'll be checking it at least 2 times a day this next week and I'll be going to the next Sheridan city council meeting to ask them about their policy and get my facts straight.

Thanks again Brother
Scott

No worries. The van looked similar to the pictures that you have, but the back windows were tinted I think, but can't remember.

Not a guy, but you're welcome. :)

TJ