PDA

View Full Version : 8-7-11 Sunday Sleepyhead Ride?

Ghost
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Anyone planning a non-buttcrack-of-dawn AGATT MoCo to X ride?

Vellos
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 07:55 PM
You made a thread about someone planning a ride other than the already planned ride? :dunno:

madvlad
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 07:58 PM
It's too early for him lol

WolFeYeZ
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I'm in for one ghost, do you discriminate against textile pants like George?

madvlad
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:28 PM
We can do a quick early ride and then meet up with you guys

Vellos
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Mesh ≠ Textile.

WolFeYeZ
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Mesh ≠ Textile.

Got it. But I have no idea of the difference. Which would my pants be George?

grim
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Mesh ≠ Textile.

elaborate please cause I just bought a pair of cortech textile pants today.

grim
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:38 PM

how early madvlad? the ninja is good to go and I'm. going through withdrawals from not riding the canyons yet this weekend.

Cornfed
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM
how early madvlad? the ninja is good to go and I'm. going through withdrawals from not riding the canyons yet this weekend.

Meeting at Moco KSU at 7:00. I know thats sleeping in for you but that should give you plenty of time to shit, shower and shave before you hit the trail.

grim
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Meeting at Moco KSU at 7:00. I know thats sleeping in for you but that should give you plenty of time to shit, shower and shave before you hit the trail.

7 am???? dude I've already don the laundry cleaned the house shit shaved showered and gone for a ride :lol: I think I'm gonna do one of my early early bird rides tomorrow KSU 0530!!!! oh yea

madvlad
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:51 PM
5:30? Damn lol haha LETS GO!

Cornfed
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:52 PM
7 am???? dude I've already don the laundry cleaned the house shit shaved showered and gone for a ride :lol: I think I'm gonna do one of my early early bird rides tomorrow KSU 0530!!!! oh yea

LMAO! :pointlaugh:
Hopefully we can all meet up with Ghost later in the day. Have a great ride. See ya tomorrow!

grim
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 08:58 PM

I'm serious damire moco 5am KSU 530 see you there just a short run up bear creek parmalee gulch hope onto 285 take you back to moco so you can go on the other run at 7 I'll say hey to cornfed and all then take off. sound good?

grim
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:00 PM
ghost sorry for the thread jack

carrying on smartly!

Ghost
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I'm in for one ghost, do you discriminate against textile pants like George?

Given the heat I'll probably wear my mesh anyway. You're more likely to slam into a guardrail, boulder, or car than slide far enough to wear through anything anyway.

You made a thread about someone planning a ride other than the already planned ride? :dunno:

Yep. Different time.

It's too early for him lol

Definitely. :p

What time you thinking?

There's a brunch thing with friends & family I might go to, but that'd probably be most of the morning unless I skip it, go before (blek) or after it's over...

Ghost
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM

F that. I need more than 1.5 hrs beauty sleep :p

LMAO! :pointlaugh:
Hopefully we can all meet up with Ghost later in the day. Have a great ride. See ya tomorrow!

Yeah if we can get a time & place that'd work it'd be cool.

ghost sorry for the thread jack

Np, enjoy your pre-dawn run, I'll be asleep. :p

Cornfed
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah if we can get a time & place that'd work it'd be cool.

Txt me, 515-508-9639, or Damire tomorrow when you guys roll out and we can make plans from there. Ride safe tomorrow everybody.....

Hittin the fart sack. :sleeping:

Vellos
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:13 PM
But I have no idea of the difference.

Textile has a tighter weave ballistic nylon and typically features more armoring. Mesh is a loose breezy weave that doesn't do much good for you in a crash.

:jerkoff:

WolFeYeZ
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Textile has a tighter weave ballistic nylon and typically features more armoring. Mesh is a loose breezy weave that doesn't do much good for you in a crash.

:jerkoff:

I have textile then, thanks. I could do with some pants that actually allow some form of air into them... I come home soaked and stinky every ride.

madvlad
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Okay grim-o lets do eeeet! Then cruise back down an mo riding and then mo riding. What time you thinking on riding ghost?

Ghost
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I have textile then, thanks. I could do with some pants that actually allow some form of air into them... I come home soaked and stinky every ride.

I'll wear my Spidi/Alpinestars summer gear tomorrow, it's textile/mesh very comfy. Think you can still order it even though it's a few years old.

Okay grim-o lets do eeeet! Then cruise back down an mo riding and then mo riding. What time you thinking on riding ghost?

Thinking 10:45 meet @MoCo, KSU 11am, that work for you guys?

Moderate pace, route TBD

WolFeYeZ
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I'll wear my Spidi/Alpinestars summer gear tomorrow, it's textile/mesh very comfy. Think you can still order it even though it's a few years old.

Thinking 10:45 meet @MoCo, KSU 11am, that work for you guys?

Moderate pace, route TBD

In. Might try to do the buttcrack of dawn ride too... but that never works out for me.

grim
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:33 PM
In. Might try to do the buttcrack of dawn ride too... but that never works out for me.

I'd be amazed if you did

madvlad
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:34 PM
That's cool with me, I dk about cornfed though. Not sure where and how long we'll be riding but from 7 am thats plenty of time.

WolFeYeZ
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I'd be amazed if you did

Me too...

Ghost
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM
That's cool with me, I dk about cornfed though. Not sure where and how long we'll be riding but from 7 am thats plenty of time.

Ok cool, see you tomorrow for your 3rd and my first ride of the morning :lol:

WolFeYeZ
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:41 PM

You get your new tires on yet and/or are you done with the stands? :P

madvlad
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Me too...

Just do eeet lol... And yea I mounted the tires today finally lol, was able to mount them at the shop and Dave at 303 hooked it up with the balancing. Lmk when you want me to drop off the stands. Thanks a bunch man!

Ok cool, see you tomorrow for your 3rd and my first ride of the morning :lol:

For shizzle! I will see you guys then!

Vellos
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I come home soaked and stinky every ride.

That's a good thing. Sweat is easier to wash out than blood.

grim
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:53 PM
madvlad and I will say hi to the moon for you ghost :lol:

Ghost
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 09:56 PM
madvlad and I will say hi to the moon for you ghost :lol:

Lol, I'll kiss it goodnight around 4am for you so we're even.
:D

thankgod
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I'll text one of you guys around 10ish...I'll be out on the new 1000RR aka Money Shot.
:leghump:

Vellos
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 12:58 AM
What happened to the seven fiddy?

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Three runs, 5:30 - 7 - 11

grim
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Seems to be a little windy this morning but nonetheless early as hell

Cornfed
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 05:18 AM

Im in. Don't much care where we go. It's Sunday and time to ride. I'll follow ur lead. See ya at 7, and ghost see ya around 11.....

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:19 AM
We finished that run early lol

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 07:55 AM
We finished that run early lol

Lol, coffee time? Or time for 4 runs?

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Im up in nederlands now with cornfed

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Awesome ride today, no crashes so thumbs up on that!... had a blast and so did Ghost' CBR at the bottom of Mt Evans after lunch. That was retarded lol, glad everyone was okay though Wolfeyez got some 91 octane right in the face but no serious injury thankfully. Very unexpected

grim
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Awesome ride today, no crashes so thumbs up on that!... had a blast and so did Ghost' CBR at the bottom of Mt Evans after lunch. That was retarded lol, glad everyone was okay though Wolfeyez got some 91 octane right in the face but no serious injury thankfully. Very unexpected

did someone outside of your group go down

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 04:34 PM
did someone outside of your group go down

Oh no, ghost went to check for gas level and just BOOM! Gas flying everywhere and into their faces and eyes... No one was expecting that. Wolfeyez got the worst of it but no serious injury.

grim
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Oh no, ghost went to check for gas level and just BOOM! Gas flying everywhere and into their faces and eyes... No one was expecting that. Wolfeyez got the worst of it but no serious injury.

:lol:

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 05:55 PM
HFS that was total suck.

I've never seen anything like that (literally) in my life. We stopped at the Shell in Idaho Springs to refill the gas my tank geysered everywhere and I'd lost over 2.2 gallons in that wonderful explosion-waiting-to-be-fireball.

Just from the gift shop thing at the base of Mt Evans to the Shell it'd built pressure again, so...

...I'm thinking stuck vent valve/check valve something.

Anyway, OTHER than that it was good.

"Other than that Ms. Lincoln, how was the play?"

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Yea, that was epic as hell

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Yea, that was epic as hell

Epic Suck.

I'm assuming there's a vent line pinched somewhere...though why it didn't blow off first with that level of pressure is totally beyond me.

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Epic Suck.

I'm assuming there's a vent line pinched somewhere...though why it didn't blow off first with that level of pressure is totally beyond me.

Have you or anyone lifted the gas tank for any reason lately?

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Have you or anyone lifted the gas tank for any reason lately?

Nope, not I, never since I bought it. It's all stock from top to bottom...

I did have the ECU replaced under warranty, but they shouldn't have needed to tip the tank for that AFAIK...

Still, maybe they did...or maybe it came pinched from the factory, it's had run issue since I bought it. This could actually explain it, and the ECU was never the problem...

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:45 PM
sucks is not under warranty still so they could check it out. Only way it would be to lift the tank and check for any pinched hoses

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:48 PM
sucks is not under warranty still so they could check it out. Only way it would be to lift the tank and check for any pinched hoses

Checked my paperwork, warranty until Aug 21st, so we will let them play with it Tuesday.

I just feel the need to try to do a controlled vent now before my tank cracks...or the entire bike explodes and takes my garage with it. :eek:

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Checked my paperwork, warranty until Aug 21st, so we will let them play with it Tuesday.

I just feel the need to try to do a controlled vent now before my tank cracks...or the entire bike explodes and takes my garage with it. :eek:

I would probably leave the gas tank cap cracked open to avoid pressure build up till you can get it over there

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I would probably leave the gas tank cap cracked open to avoid pressure build up till you can get it over there

Yeah, definitely

WolFeYeZ
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I had a great time riding with you guys and thanks Ghost for the nice fun pace :).

Good luck on that whole tank pressure thing, I'm glad it's got the warranty on there still. That has got to be handy.

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 10:15 PM
It was a fun ride though, gotta get out to the track and improve my mad skills yo lol

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I had a great time riding with you guys and thanks Ghost for the nice fun pace :).

Good luck on that whole tank pressure thing, I'm glad it's got the warranty on there still. That has got to be handy.

Sure thing man, thanks for coming out.

How was your ride from Idaho Springs?

Yeah, warranty will hopefully help. Sorry you got doused man, totally sucked & totally unexpected.

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 10:22 PM
It was a fun ride though, gotta get out to the track and improve my mad skills yo lol

Get a suit & come out to HPR 9/5 for Chicane. There's even a thread started by Sean for people needing to borrow gear.

Bugkiller1
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I saw you guys at least three different times on Sunday: the MoCo, Echo Lake, and then at the Shell station in Idaho Springs. I was on the red Ducati Multistrada 2 up, Rossi helmet.

Hope the bike problem worked out.

Ghost
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I saw you guys at least three different times on Sunday: the MoCo, Echo Lake, and then at the Shell station in Idaho Springs. I was on the red Ducati Multistrada 2 up, Rossi helmet.

Hehe, we kept commenting on you as we definitely noticed the helmet & bike. ;)

Bike's going to the shop later today, looks like a stuck/jammed tank vent valve. Haven't inspected the tank fully, but hoping it's not deformed from the massive pressure it was under.

Anyway, good almost riding with you, feel free to join up if we cross paths again. :D

madvlad
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 10:30 AM

That was an awesome helmet lol