PDA

View Full Version : Sportbike crash on I25

mtnairlover
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 03:53 PM
It was southbound in the lane next to the fast lane (right around the Auraria exit). I was heading north and glanced over because someone on a sport bike had gone by about a second earlier wearing no helmet, t-shirt and shorts. When he passed and I shook my head, is when I saw the other bike low-siding. Everyone around him didn't even seem to notice. There was a guy on a bike closer to the right lane...I think he noticed.

As I passed and looked in my mirror, the bike was starting to spin. I grabbed my mouth as I gasped. I didn't see the rider anywhere :(. I just kept hoping that whomever the rider was, that he/she was actually wearing gear.

Cars finally began stopping as drivers began noticing the carnage unfolding.

Don't know why I'm posting because it's like beating a dead horse. I have a special request anyway...if you know someone, or if you are one of those who does not wear gear because it's hot outside...would you please reconsider? Please!

madvlad
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 03:55 PM
That sucks hopefully the rider is okay

Jmuduke3140
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Just got back from riding, it was hot as hell but I'm still in all my gear. A few minutes of discomfort is better than a lifetime of regret.

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Just got back from riding, it was hot as hell but I'm still in all my gear. A few minutes of discomfort is better than a lifetime of regret.

Same, I'm back in my (fuel soaked) full gear...won't ride without out.

Now, of course, I'm considering Nomex underwear...

TransNone13
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:22 PM
You'd be an inverted version of your avatar if you caught fire...

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:33 PM
You'd be an inverted version of your avatar if you caught fire...

Lol, No shit. And, to be honest, it was all I could think of the whole damn ride home...

I don't know what temp gas boils at, but it's something I could go my entire life without seeing again...

((Sorry for the Hijack))

TransNone13
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM
*/Threadjack Chevron Unleaded: Boiling Point: 37.8°C (100°F) - 204.4°C (400°F) (Typical)

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:41 PM
*/Threadjack Chevron Unleaded: Boiling Point: 37.8°C (100°F) - 204.4°C (400°F) (Typical)

Does it describe how creepy of a sensation it is to witness?

(And, for what it's worth, this was a blend of Shell 91 and Conoco 91--which tasted about as bad as you'd imagine.)

Clovis
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Wait... Did someone catch on fire??

Wrider
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I saw a couple of sweet bikes on I-25 today, an MV Agust F4, two Aprilia Tuonos riding together, then saw a Nissan GTR as well.

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Wait... Did someone catch on fire??

No. But one spark and it was a distinct possibility. WolfEyez and I were *soaked* in about 2 gallons of gas from my tank, and there was a column of vapor just blowing out like steam from a kettle.

konaman
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 09:02 PM
On the gear note, I was out at Deckers today and between there and back to the Springs I saw way to many people in little to no gear. When will people learn?

Ghost
Sun Aug 7th, 2011, 09:13 PM
On the gear note, I was out at Deckers today and between there and back to the Springs I saw way to many people in little to no gear. When will people learn?

Short answer--never.

Either you're someone who gets it, or you never will.

Cornfed & I saw quite a few guys in squidwear on the way home, all thinking they're too cool...

mtnairlover
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 05:47 AM
It's ironic that in this state, there is no helmet law, but that we preach ATGATT here on the forum. I have this theory that unless you know the true pain of loss, you really don't have a clue what you are doing when you go gearless. Well, actually there's one more theory...self-centeredness and stupidity seem to go hand in hand.

I read that other story that someone else posted about a motorcyclist being clipped by a car on I70. I'm wondering if that isn't what happened on I25 as well. Still can't find any info on it, though.

BC14
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 08:00 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid
I like definition number 2. It takes age outta the equation, since while one factor, it certainly isn't the end all to squidiot behavior.

dm_gsxr
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 03:13 PM
"Better Sweaty Than Bloody"

Hope the rider's ok if scraped up a bit.

Carl