PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to buy a Ghost Town?

bornwildnfree
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.minyanville.com/dailyfeed/2011/07/28/scenic/

For under a million you can own a whole town.

Ghost
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Clearly, I need my own town...and I am open to donations.

salsashark
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 10:34 AM
90 miles from Sturgis... you could make your moneys during the rally selling beer to the chest chappers, then have the place to yourself the rest of the year...

Ghost
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
90 miles from Sturgis... you could make your moneys during the rally selling beer to the chest chappers, then have the place to yourself the rest of the year...

Guess it'd depend on if it's on the way or not, since no HD guy will go 90mi out of his way--that'd mean loading the bike up on the trailer just to get there...

Still, it'd be neat to have your own town...

Ted
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 12:36 PM
If i could, i would buy it and would make vellos the Mayor, and make him live there permanently, appoint Drunktank the Sheriff, and grim could be maybe be the Fire Marshall ?

WolFeYeZ
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 12:40 PM
If i could, i would buy it and would make vellos the Mayor, and make him live there permanently, appoint Drunktank the Sheriff, and grim could be maybe be the Fire Marshall ?

And build a few racetracks on the land then rename the town "Drama". :)

grim
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 12:43 PM

:pointlaugh:

brennahm
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I think you could make Wolfeyez the used horse salesman and Swift could be the town drunk. :)

grim
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 01:05 PM
this thread is going places i can see it now!

JohnEffinK
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
since no HD guy will go 90mi out of his way--that'd mean loading the bike up on the trailer just to get there...

Ha ha - this. And I have a harley. But dont ride it if I want to do any real distance! Oh and I suck because I am not at Sturgis right now but riding the sportbike!

John

rforsythe
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Guess it'd depend on if it's on the way or not, since no HD guy will go 90mi out of his way--that'd mean loading the bike up on the trailer just to get there...

Still, it'd be neat to have your own town...

Not "on the way", but not hugely out of the way either. More of a detour if you're headed up I-90. Within proximity of Rapid City, and lots of interesting-looking roads to the west.

Might make an interesting motorcycle resort. A little paint, perhaps some upgrades to the jail, and it's good to go!

grim
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 01:31 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/how-to-draw-the-grim-reaper.jpg

salsashark
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Not "on the way", but not hugely out of the way either. More of a detour if you're headed up I-90. Within proximity of Rapid City, and lots of interesting-looking roads to the west.

Might make an interesting motorcycle resort. A little paint, perhaps some upgrades to the jail, and it's good to go!

Agreed.

Right outside Badlands National Park, on a highway... I think it could be done.

Ghost
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 02:57 PM

Agreed.

Right outside Badlands National Park, on a highway... I think it could be done.

Put an awesome track out there with no neighbors to complain, right?

If you're buying it I might have couch monies to contribute

rforsythe
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 03:11 PM
There are better places to put a track. I'd turn mainstreet into a landing strip though, fly a Cessna up there, and disappear for weeks at a time.

Ghost
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 03:14 PM
There are better places to put a track. I'd turn mainstreet into a landing strip though, fly a Cessna up there, and disappear for weeks at a time.

Better? Probably, but if you've got your own town, why not?

Maybe get creative and call it a closed downtown business loop and get highway funding for it...

Disappear for a week and ride your private track in your personal town? What's better?