PDA

View Full Version : [IT] Unix Sysadmin or System Admin Supervisor or Senior Oracle Database Jobs

dm_gsxr
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 02:31 PM
We have an open position in Longmont for a mid-level Unix Sysadmin. You'll have to deal with us, the other sysadmins but there are pluses and minuses to every job :)

http://www.intrado.com/main/company/careers/openings/

There are openings for a Sysadmin Supervisor and Sr Oracle Database Admin as well and of course other listings at the linked site.

Carl

dm_gsxr
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Just wanted to add that two more Oracle DBA positions are opening up. One guy retired and the second went back to the company he originally worked for. The first position was for the Senior DBA that moved to Database Engineering.

The vacant mid level sysadmin seat is for my team. We bought a company in Austin last year and the admin down there decided to move on to a startup. On the plus side, we can replace him with a position up here which is good.

The sysadmin supervisor is managing the SAN and Backup team. The previous supervisor moved to Platforms Engineering.

Intrado is one of the best places I've worked at although to be honest, the company is in the middle of working on and deploying new 911 related products so things are tight. I have received a bonus for the past two years and recently won the Technical Operations Stewardship award which came with an unexpected monetary reward (I bought a Fender Princeton Amp :) ).

For the sysadmin team, we're four Unix sysadmins (2 senior, 1 mid, 1 junior) working with two Tandem NonStop admins. We're managing about 350 or so servers with Red Hat, Solaris, and HP-UX along with a few older Tru64 systems. We share admining 20 or so of the HP-UX systems with the Tandem guys.

If you're interested, shoot me your info and I'll work on getting you in (I have an ulterior motive of course; we get a little kickback if you stick around :) ).

Thanks for checking this out.

Carl

fook
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 01:04 PM
wow Tru64 eh? my buddy was just telling me about a lady they interviewed up at your neighbors, DG who had a bunch of tru64 on her resume.. he was all proud he actually got to dust off some memories to quiz her.

best of luck finding a good admin.

dm_gsxr
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 02:14 PM
We are trying to phase them out but they have important legacy apps on them so it's tough :)

Thanks though. If you happen to know of someone, please pass it along.

Carl