PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Ticket HELP....

Dietrich_R1
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Got rear-ended on intestate while it was a parking lot, the girl only said "I don't care bout my car so what's the big deal". Gathered up her information & headed for home. I ended up getting the ticket for Failure to Stay @ scene of accident (6 Point ticket!!!) a week later.

Need some HELP/ADVICE! I know this is Arizona, but figure some advice would definately transfer...

Please PM me your number.

John D

Vellos
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Did she leave also? Who called the police? Sounds like you'll have to go to court because some typical female driver hit your shit.

rforsythe
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Did anyone call 911, or just exchange and go? Here, unless it's a stated Accident Alert time (like we get in blizzards), you can't just leave the scene or it's a crime.

BC14
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Did anyone call 911, or just exchange and go? Here, unless it's a stated Accident Alert time (like we get in blizzards), you can't just leave the scene or it's a crime.
+1. You're supposed to pull off to the side if you can move the vehicles and wait for a responding officer.

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 04:11 PM

hmm...interesting...

is this the same for single vehicle incidents, with no gov. property damage?

rforsythe
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 04:19 PM
hmm...interesting...

is this the same for single vehicle incidents, with no gov. property damage?

If it isn't an Accident Alert time and you leave the scene of an accident, you commit a crime. Simple as that. The law states you should move out of the way if possible and call 911. If they want you to exchange and leave, they will tell you to.

That's CO law though, I can't speak to AZ.

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 04:25 PM
If it isn't an Accident Alert time and you leave the scene of an accident, you commit a crime. Simple as that. The law states you should move out of the way if possible and call 911. If they want you to exchange and leave, they will tell you to.

thanks, that's kinda what I thought, but someone told me otherwise.

Dietrich_R1
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I gathered up her information, handed her her DL & thought we were done. It was such a minor accident, my daughter didn't even know what happened in the back seat.

Cell phone was in her had 5 seconds after I walked back there... can u say TEXTING 19 y.o.!!!!

Sarge
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I thought the Colorado law was you don't have to alert the Police unless the accident produced damages in excess of $1000?

Also, does Colorado have any type of Traffic School option for first time offenders? I just got a 40 in a 30 ticket and its my first in years...

rforsythe
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I thought the Colorado law was you don't have to alert the Police unless the accident produced damages in excess of $1000?

How are you going to know that on the side of the road? No, if you crash it you have to report it, unless there are exceptions being broadcast in major situations -- these are rare.

Also, does Colorado have any type of Traffic School option for first time offenders? I just got a 40 in a 30 ticket and its my first in years...

Depends on the DA/judge/municipality. 40 in a 30 and 1st time, you can go and ask or just pay it and take the points.

Sarge
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Ok, that looks correct. I just found this:

Colorado state law requires that ALL motor vehicle accidents be reported immediately to the proper law enforcement authorities (42-4-1606 CRS). A traffic accident is defined as unintentional damage or injury caused by the movement of a vehicle or its load.

My wife actually got into an accident in December in which there was almost $2000 in damage, and she didn't report it. As soon as I found out, later that day (I was in Iraq) I told her to call the police and report it ASAP. She told me that the CSPD told her not to worry unless the damage was above $1000 and they didn't take a report.

I have a Nevada DL, and the statute there is $500+ in damage, and California is $750+.