PDA

View Full Version : After Saturday New UFC Dress Code. lol

bulldog
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Dennis "Superman" Hallman's fashion choice netted an extra five figures for the man who beat him Saturday in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
http://www.ks1075.com/Pics/1%20Morning%20Show%20Pics/AUGUST2011/DENNIS.jpeg
Brian Ebersole received a $70,000 bonus after his win against Hallman at UFC 133. Their welterweight bout was marked not only by Ebersole's come-from-behind win, but by Hallman's choice of tight, blue speedo trunks rather than the longer, looser shorts typical of mixed martial artists.
Ebersole's added money was a reward for "getting those horrifying shorts off TV as soon as possible," UFC President Dana White said. "He deserves every dime of the $70,000 he made tonight."
Attention-grabbing gimmicks tend to be the province of Ebersole. As he did for his UFC debut in February, Ebersole on Saturday sported chest hair shaved in the shape of an arrow pointing up.
The wardrobe choice of Hallman was unusual for him, Ebersole said.
"I was a bit surprised he tried to beat me at my own game: the humor and the showmanship and all that," Ebersole said. "I know he's been around a long time. I haven't seen him do anything like that."

Hallman-style speedos won't be allowed in UFC again, White said. He elaborated on the matter with a group of reporters after the post-fight press conference on Saturday:

Q: If Dennis Hallman had won, what would you have done?
White: Oh, my God.
I'm seriously (ticked) off at the guys who work for us that let him walk out with those things on. I've never been so embarrassed to be in the UFC as I was then.
Q: Do you actually have some sort of uniform code?
We do now. (reporters laugh) We do now.
You know what I thought we had? I thought we had some common sense, you know what I mean? At least a little bit of common sense.
That was a really bad moment. I was horrified by that.
Q: In the old days of UFC some guys used to wear wrestling tights. Is this really that different?
Wrestling tights and what I saw tonight are -- you know what, maybe that was a speedo. But speedos weren't meant to have a cup the size of a helmet stuffed in them. I think he was overdoing it on the cup too.
It was bad. It was as bad as bad can get.

So what prompted this other than Dana White not liking the style in UFC you ask??? Well if anyone watched the fights you wouold have noticed the screen go blank for a few seconds...yup his nuts popped out on live tv (luckily there was a 5 second delay and someone had fast hands) :lol:
Don't believe me here is the proof http://i51.tinypic.com/1051b8x.gif (http://i51.tinypic.com/1051b8x.gif) NSFW (for a split second)

In Dennis's defense he claims he did this because he lost a bet!!! :lol:

grim
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 10:18 AM
:lol: someone was gonna do it at one point there's always that one guy who thinks "this wont be a bad idea it'll be funny"

Devaclis
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Faygs

madvlad
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Dude no, I would've refused to fight him till he got proper attire lol

bulldog
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Dude no, I would've refused to fight him till he got proper attire lol I'd of rather fought him and got the $70K bonus on top of what he got paid for the fight!

bulldog
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Faygs Explain why Dana? :lol: Just so we can be consistant and turn every CSC thread into drama :D

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 12:18 PM
he got the whoopin he deserved!

On another note...did anyone notice something weird after the Tito fight...he kept talking about somebody winning money and he was hoping to take this summer off and now he can't, and started to choke up. For some reason i got this weird feeling that there was something else going on behind the scenes there.

bulldog
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM

On another note...did anyone notice something weird after the Tito fight...he kept talking about somebody winning money and he was hoping to take this summer off and now he can't, and started to choke up. For some reason i got this weird feeling that there was something else going on behind the scenes there. Hmmm...let me research this; I don't remember what he said. Tito got about 4 million for this fight so he shouldn't be complaining about money!

Devaclis
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I thought Rowdy Roddy Piper was taking on the Iron Sheik this week? Man, I am getting ooooold

Squisha
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Well played, Dana White!

I especially like "I think he was overdoing it on the cup too."

TransNone13
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Global Gym "Pump-It-Cup"?

McVaaahhh
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I was at BWW's here in Tucson for the fight and that was the loudest the bar got when he took off his pants to show that speedo. The groans and other assorted laughter were hilarious. And, instantly, everyone in that place was hoping he would get his ass kicked. :lol:

bulldog
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM

On another note...did anyone notice something weird after the Tito fight...he kept talking about somebody winning money and he was hoping to take this summer off and now he can't, and started to choke up. For some reason i got this weird feeling that there was something else going on behind the scenes there. I went back and watched the post interview with Tito and I think you had it wrong Travis. He was stating that he had planned to take the summer off from his last fight, which was weeks ago, but took the fight instead and now he can take some time off like he planned. If you didn't know Tito took this fight on short notice after Davis and Jones dropped out of the fight.