PDA

View Full Version : Software Support Engineer (Denver, CO)

~Barn~
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 01:34 PM
My job will soon be hiring for a new Support Engineer, based out of our DTC office, which is located at I25 and I225. If you have an advanced ability to learn and troubleshoot a highly technical software suite across multiple operating platforms and varied networks, and are interested in this opportunity, please let me know!

While the learning curve is admittedly steep, and ramp-up is unavoidable, advanced or expert knowledge in any of the following, would be highly desirable:
- Windows Server
- Linux, Unix, AIX, HPUX, Solaris
- HP NonStop/Tandem <---- this one would be huge.
- SQL Server
- Cisco CUCM, CUC, Unity
- Avaya SAT Manager, Site Administrator

Salary would be DOE, but the company is generally very competitive and generous to their employees. We're based out of Australia, so the US benefits match what is provided to that office. Some of the nicer perks include:
- Lots of PTO, public holidays, and floating days. (Sick time is separate)
- Top-notch medical insurance - United Health Care/VSP Vision/Delta Dental
- 401k contribution from the company, even if the employee does not. (Vested immediately)
- $1000/year company provided HRA, with annual carry-over
- Bonuses paid out quarterly, based on KPIs
- Compensation for any on-call performed. (Minimal requirements)
- Twice-monthly pay periods

So yeah... that's about it in a nutshell. The corporate culture around this place is pretty amazing too. To say we're a work-hard/play-hard kind of place would be the understatement of the year. Hit me up on PM, if this sounds like your kinda place. Resumes can also be emailed to: itsbarn<at>hotmail.com

dm_gsxr
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 02:16 PM
If it wasn't for the Windows requirements.

:D

Carl

~Barn~
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Ha! Nice, Carl. You certainly wouldn't be the only one.

dm_gsxr
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I got my CCNP a few years ago (it's expired of course) but our Network Group just pulled me aside (they have 6 open positions) and asked if I'd apply for a senior network position.

It's flattering but nah, I'm not interested in going over there. I've heard too much about the group (there are 6 open positions for a reason :) ).

Same with Engineering. I was asked to move over there and I turned them down. Engineering is almost as bad as being a middle manager. Last in, First out. :)

Carl

~Barn~
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Just a quick bump to remind anybody else who might be interested in this gig... Send those resumes!