PDA

View Full Version : Entry Level SW Developer - Tucson, AZ

McVaaahhh
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 03:34 PM
My company is looking for 4 entry level SW developers to join us in Tucson, AZ.

Official job description is below but as I am one of the hiring managers here's the lowdown of the questions you really want to know...
1) Yes, we are willing to pay relocation expenses.
2) Salary is going to be in the 30-40k/year range to start.
3) You will be required to take an aptitude test. Kind of SAT-like.
4) This is healthcare IT, so it's a tremendous opportunity to break into this space, which most employers do want a number of years experience.
5) Solid company growing steadily.
6) I came down to Tucson in October, and the weather is awesome. Yes, it's been hot the last couple of months, but it's definitely bareable.
7) Not much riding close, unless you want to do DS rides.
8) Not too specific on languages that you'll need to know, we use a little bit of everything (VB.NET, C++, C, and some older stuff like Powerbuilder, Mumps & Cache). Having a solid understanding of OO is what I'm really looking for.

PM me if you'd like more details, or have any questions.

Thanks,
Brian

http://www.sunquestinfo.com/Careers/Pages/default.aspx

Job Title: Software Engineer

Education: Associate Degree

Job Description
Do you thrive in a fast paced, ambitious environment?
Are you looking for a software company that will provide you with the training to take your career to the next level?
Do you have software development experience and want an opportunity to enter the Healthcare IT Industry?

If you answered YES to all of these questions, then keep reading!

As an Associate Software Engineer your key contributions will be to:
• Software development and bug verification on applications software projects following Sunquest defined quality processes.
• Write and maintain programs, generally by coding from documented logic and instructions.
• Prepare program documentation of product components.
• Establish technical proficiency in design, implementation and unit testing.
• Work with geographically distributed development teams.

Job Requirements
Requirements:
• Associate's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent education and work experience combined. Bachelor's Degree preferred.

Preferred requirements:
• Software development experience preferred.