PDA

View Full Version : Dismounting/Mounting Tires

Concabar
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone on here could take off and mount tires before I went with one of the mc shops. If not even mount, at least take off so I could have the shop mount the tires.

TJ

madvlad
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Are the wheels off the bike? If so I can do that but my only problem is I can't balance them. I mounted my own tires at the shop on saturday.

Concabar
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 06:30 PM
No they are still on. I am not trying to be cheap, I just don't have time to drop the bike off myself because of work.

madvlad
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 06:39 PM
No they are still on. I am not trying to be cheap, I just don't have time to drop the bike off myself because of work.

Oh I know what you mean, I bought my tires from joe almost a month ago and barely had time to get them mounted saturday but had to do it cause other tires were shot.

OUTLAWD
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 06:42 PM
did you get the tires online?

most local shops will cut ya a deal if you buy/mount there.

Concabar
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Performance Cycle has a deal on a pair of Dunlop Q2's for 199, they have 11 in stock. My cords are peaking, so I am trying to take advantage of it. Yea, hopefully I wont have to wait that long. If this goes no where I will just try to get them on next week.

did you get the tires online?

most local shops will cut ya a deal if you buy/mount there.

No, was gonna go with PC. They will mount them 20 per front and rear, if the tires are off. I just don't have time to take the bike up there myself because I have a busy work schedule these next couple of days. So if I could find someone that could help me out after work, I would pay them the what it would cost to do at the shop.

madvlad
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Thats a good deal, wish I could help out with the mounting and such but even being out of the area doesnt help lol...

Concabar
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Yea. Thanks however.

Bueller
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 09:13 PM
No, was gonna go with PC. They will mount them 20 per front and rear, if the tires are off. I just don't have time to take the bike up there myself because I have a busy work schedule these next couple of days. So if I could find someone that could help me out after work, I would pay them the what it would cost to do at the shop.
They don't want the tires off the wheels, they want the wheels off the bike. They don't pull wheels.

rfranks303
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Didn't we just talk about this. Pm or call me ill help you out.

Peanut_EOD
Tue Aug 9th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I can do it. I have a No-Mar and balancer.

Concabar
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Didn't we just talk about this. Pm or call me ill help you out.

Ya ya. I just don't have the time to take it up to the shop if I take the wheels off before Friday night.

I can do it. I have a No-Mar and balancer.

Can you do it this Friday, I get off of work at 4p?

TransNone13
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I could help you take them off tonight, check SMS.

Concabar
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Got some new tires, bike is feeling good. Just need to wash the thing

TransNone13
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah it does.. "feel good"

Concabar
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 03:20 PM
You would know, since you rode it before and after.