PDA

View Full Version : What tires are you running, or what are your favorite?

konaman
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 02:54 PM
I am going to be buying new tires sometime in the near future. I currently am running Michelin Power One's and I really do like them. I just do not see them lasting too long. I am not too worried about the mileage life of my next tires, but would like to get a few thousand miles at least. I have a friend who is running the Pilot Power Pure's and he loves them. I have never ran anything other than Michelin's so I am bias. What are your favorite tires for street/canyon riding?

Sully
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 02:55 PM
http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38397&highlight=favorite+tires

Personally, I run Michelin Pilot Powers.. and have for a few years. Dunlops before that.

konaman
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Damn I did every search for a tires post except favorite tires....sorry for the re-post ppl

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 03:01 PM
http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38422

Sticky in this area of the forum.

Sully
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 03:21 PM
damnit.. I knew there was another thread about it, somewhere! It's something we actually discuss, other than the squid crashes! :squid:

TransNone13
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Had the Pure's, before the One's; were good. Destroyed them in two track days, didn't last long...

Ghost
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM
http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38397&highlight=favorite+tires

Personally, I run Michelin Pilot Powers.. and have for a few years. Dunlops before that.

@Sully

The old Pilot Power & Pilot Power Race were by far my favorite tires. However, since they're out of production I've swapped to Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SPs and found them to be everything I loved in the Michelins but with way quicker warm up and better grip at the limits.

My 2c YMMV

Sully
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks, Jon. I have to be careful with higher profile tires, they make my bike too tall :oops: :( I saw in the Mileage Thread that Cjake was able to get 15K out of a set.. wtf :wtf:.. I am lucky to get 5K out of a rear Pilot Power!

TransNone13
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Sully, are you going to swing by the Fay's bike night?

Bueller
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 04:13 PM
What ever is on sale or good take offs. I have never noticed enough difference in tires to be a brand fanboy.
Right now I have Q2's on, and soon to be Bridgie 003's. Ran several sets of Pilot Powers when they were cheap.
I did a track day at Pueblo on a TLS1000 on Pilot Roads and they did surprisingly well, and they performed great in the canyons riding a lot of 2 up as well as solo.

I have never really had a tire I disliked, and all the new ones felt great! Well of course they did, they were new and had just been changed out for more than likely totally shit holed tires. They always feel amazing :lol:

If you want mileage get a sport touring tire, if you want or actually need more performance get a "hypersport" tire.
Brands are generally personal preference or dislike, asking this question will get you as many different answers as there are replies.

Sully
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Sully, are you going to swing by the Fay's bike night?

It's possible..

konaman
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys, and once again sorry for the re-post.

stubbicatt
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I've run Dunlops, Michelin, and Metzlers over the years, but never have I been so happy with a tire as I am the Pirelli Diablo Rosso.

I am sure that other tires work well for others, but I think I'll "stick" with these (pun intended).

Clovis
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I've got a set of Q2s I picked up a month ago. Love 'em. The rear needs to be replaced either tomorrow if I go to Cortez or the next weekend.

Does anyone have a sale on Q2s? I need a rear but I'd buy a set if there's a combo deal.

Bike: 2007 Yamaha FZ6

180/55/17R rear
120/70/17R front

Ghost
Wed Aug 10th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks, Jon. I have to be careful with higher profile tires, they make my bike too tall :oops: :( I saw in the Mileage Thread that Cjake was able to get 15K out of a set.. wtf :wtf:.. I am lucky to get 5K out of a rear Pilot Power!

Anytime. :D The Pirellis are a bit fuller/rounder in profile, but not sure if you'd notice the extra height or not. You ride so well I often forget you may have height issues...

As to miles, I can't seem to get over 3k, usually 2500, so...I dunno how Jake does it...