PDA

View Full Version : Got the GSXR down the 1320 yesterday!

MilkMan
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Took the new bike to the track yesterday to see what I could get out it on stock suspension. The only mod to the bike is the Jardine GP1 short exhaust, everything else is stock. Ended up with a best of 11.75 @ 130.42mph. Bike deffinatly has the trap for a 10 second pass, I just need A LOT more practice now. The 60' times were consistantly bad around 2.2-2.4, the best short time of the day was 2.11. Racing the bike was a blast though even if I was running sub par times!! LOL! Cant have this much fun for this cheap in or on too many other vehicles thats for sure!
-Mick-

martincjm
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Nice job, Mick
With a -1 , +2 sprocket set you will get there. It's all in the launch. I can't seem to get faster than a 10.7 @ 135 on my 06 gsxr 1000 with Bazzaz Z-fi AFM, geared and piped. 1.8 60 ft

Chris

Vellos
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Thought you were interested in IMI/HPR? Not the same kind of track. ;) Sounds like fun though Mick.

Wrider
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Thought you were interested in IMI/HPR? Not the same kind of track. ;) Sounds like fun though Mick.

What's wrong with wanting to play at both?

Vellos
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 03:03 PM
What's wrong with wanting to play at both?

Who said anything about it being wrong?

Husky
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Took the new bike to the track yesterday to see what I could get out it on stock suspension. The only mod to the bike is the Jardine GP1 short exhaust, everything else is stock. Ended up with a best of 11.75 @ 130.42mph. Bike deffinatly has the trap for a 10 second pass, I just need A LOT more practice now. The 60' times were consistantly bad around 2.2-2.4, the best short time of the day was 2.11. Racing the bike was a blast though even if I was running sub par times!! LOL! Cant have this much fun for this cheap in or on too many other vehicles thats for sure!
-Mick-

Hey Mick,
it was nice to meet you at the track. You ran some very respectable times. There is a club clash race tommorow where a few of us get together with sportbikes and race against the other car clubs, come up and join us its always nice to get more bikes involved.

MilkMan
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Would love to but I work nights unfortunatly... I actually called in to work yesterday so I could go racing lol!

I do really want to get it out to the road course as well, but I'm a drag racer at heart and love seing the net proof of mods/experiance/ect that the drag strip shows!! I'm pretty happy with the times given the bike is pretty much completely stock sans the exhaust. Would like to just get a strap for the front and -1 in front and see what it can do! It was pretty cool to only have to shift twice down the track though! I think with just a little more track time and some better cooler air I can get it down another few tenths but who knows.. Still was super fun! Thanks for the kind words and nice to meet you as well Husky!
-Mick-

servion
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Nice dude, that's great for your first time out on a new setup. Definitely has a 10 in it, just have to be able to get aggressive with that launch :) Did you strap it?

Slo
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Very nice, looks/sounds like you had a great time!!!!

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 09:54 AM
nice man...I could only get my tired old 750 down to 12.2's, with short times in the hour glass range...one of these days I'll have to get back down there

MilkMan
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM
No, didn't get the strap yet. I wasn't going to race it without it but a buddy of mine had a free pass to race so I figured why not. I think with just that and a minor gearing change it should do a bit better and hopefully get me into the 10's on it.
-Mick-

servion
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Its definitely a 10second bike with the rider mod ;) Seriously though, congrats man, really good for the first time out on a stock length stock height unstrapped 1000 :O

MilkMan
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Yep! I know I suck! LOL! :violin: Hopefully with a few more minor mods and a LOT more practice I can get the times down where they should be. I was just having a hard time launching without bogging. The one half way decent 60' (the 2.1) I carried the front wheel just a bit and it felt like it was way faster, but when the front end came back down I moved forward and let out of the throttle on accident lol! Gotta learn to keep my chest down on the tank so that doesnt happen again!
-Mick-

servion
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Yep! I know I suck! LOL! :violin: Hopefully with a few more minor mods and a LOT more practice I can get the times down where they should be. I was just having a hard time launching without bogging. The one half way decent 60' (the 2.1) I carried the front wheel just a bit and it felt like it was way faster, but when the front end came back down I moved forward and let out of the throttle on accident lol! Gotta learn to keep my chest down on the tank so that doesnt happen again!
-Mick-

It's all about getting WOT as quickly as possible, you wanna be WOT by the tree if you can. If you're bogging, slip the clutch more, and make sure to start cracking the throttle open a bit before you start letting the clutch out. All without looping it :)

MilkMan
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 04:02 PM
That's the other thing that I need to modify is the throttle. You can't go wot on this bike without moving your hand (or holding it way up when your launching which is really awkward) because it requires more than a 1/4 turn to get there. I've heard that a yamaha r1 throttle is supposed to fix this, but can't find much info on it. As soon as I get a strap and a new front sprocket I'll give her another go for sure!
-Mick-

Vellos
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 11:46 PM
You can get a cramp buster instead of reshaping the circumference of the throttle line in the handlebar. Don't have to reposition your hand if you set it in the right spot! :)

OUTLAWD
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I went from the GSXR, to the R1, then now to the R6 throttle tube. R6 is the most agressive, but easy enough to get used to...ends up being ~1/6 turn

MilkMan
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM
So thats all it is? Just swap the tubes and it should be better? I just have a hard time holding the throttle when launching where I'll be able to go WOT because I'm afraid of looping the damn thing! LOL!

BTW were you on I70 today around 12:30 Vellos?! If so, that was some nice ridin! LOL!
-Mick-