PDA

View Full Version : 8/13/11 - SOCO and MOCO Estes Park

Clovis
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/jdharward/estes_park_loop.jpg

http://mapq.st/p6TBx9

I'm heading to Fort Collins tomorrow and I'm going to go through Estes Park.

Above is the route from Morrison. Please be aware that I have to peel off at Estes Park so I won't be able to ride with you back to Morrison but I'll provide some printed maps.

Meeting location and times

SoCO:

8th Street ACORN gas station at 8th and 24.

KSU from Colorado Springs at 0600

Heading to MOCO through Deckers - Should arrive at MOCO by 0800.

KSU from MOCO at 0815

Gear
Full leathers are always encouraged. You should have at least the basics.

The pace
I ride at the ever famous "The Pace". I can't be out all day so I'm going to classify this as a intermediate pace and skill level. This one isn't a noob ride.

Questions? Are you coming?
Please reply here. If you're leaving from Colorado Springs please reply here or PM me.

I can be reached at 719-201-9383.

See you there!

-Clovis

grim
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Could have been in some of the best riding roads in the state rather than Estes!!!!! Trilled son!!!!

Clovis
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Pssshh, shouldn't your old ass be in bed already? I mean it's after 9 after all, come on!! ;)

Wish I was there, believe me I really do.

I'm going to do 85% of your trip (aka Durango) after labor day.

Clovis
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 05:31 AM
We've got 3. It's 5:30 AM and its still completely dark outside with the full moon outside my window.

LETS RIDE :)

If you're meeting us at MOCO please text me @ 719-201-9383. Otherwise I should be there at 800 and KSU at 815.

Clovis
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Cool people today, good route but horrible traffic. Tour de Colorado or something today. We must have passed over 200 bicycles just going up squaw pass and of course we ran into pairs of them at every corner. Then Idaho Springs and there was a marathon going on. It never let up. I'm actualy in Estes Park right now taking a a break. Just caravan after caravan of cars going up and down the pass.

Nothing like a few thousand other people doing the same thing I am. It's a conspiracy I tell you.