PDA

View Full Version : MECHANIC WANTED!!!

ShortyC_303
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 12:03 AM
alright so if u check my other post (99 r6 help) youll get the scoop on wats up... i dont have the knowledge or the experience to try and tackle the problem myself. So if you think u can get the bike runnin or know a good mechanic or shop u recommend please let me know thanks!!!

Vellos
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 12:44 AM
There's plenty of shops you can take it to if you just want a mechanic.

It doesn't take long to check your spark plugs. They could use a replace anyway (probably). I could come by again to help you check and change the plugs. If it isn't them it'll be the rectifier or wiring.

Air, Gas, and Spark. The bike has air and gas so it should just be spark and it'll fire up.

ShortyC_303
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 07:31 AM
ya i was checkin the bike last night, the neutral light wouldnt go on, the bike was in neutral and the starter button wasnt workin because of it...more and more shit just keep happenin...so ya

brennahm
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM
You've got wiring issues. If you'd like to take it to a mechanic because you feel it's over your head then try Eddie at Epic Motosports in Longmont. I've seen that guy dissect and rearrange complete vehicle harnesses in a couple hours, ridiculous. He's also a pretty decent mechanic otherwise ;)

Also, it's: COMPRESSION, gas, spark

ShortyC_303
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 05:56 PM
yes its definitely wiring issues, i had my mechanic at work take a look at it today and found the bike has a power draw coming from somewhere, so i think eddie at epic might be the call, thanks brennahm!!!

brennahm
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 06:07 PM
No worries man. Hope everything turns out cheap!

ShortyC_303
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Got it!! i need a relay, called the starter circuit cut off relay...if anyone has one or a bike partout let me know thanks!!!

Vellos
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Also, it's: COMPRESSION, gas, spark

Wind, Water, Fire. Cooooorbin I ain't got no fire.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/rogues/Ruby_Rod.jpg