PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for those deer!

TransNone13
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I know this goes without saying, but watch out; I never thought I'd hit a deer on a motorcycle. I was on Unitah 20 minutes ago and a young deer bolted into the front tire on my new 650. Luckily there wasn't any damage that I can tell, with exception to some hair stuck in the bead (came out with a CC swipe) and the deer itself. Happy I didn't go down, crazy....

grim
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:38 PM
yea ya gotta be careful at night man there everywhere!

TransNone13
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I mean really? You are going to aim for my front tire? I hit it going 50mph and the thing flew across the road, IDK how I didn't crash.

grim
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I mean really? You are going to aim for my front tire? I hit it going 50mph and the thing flew across the road, IDK how I didn't crash.

if you hit it's head or it's ass usually people ride right through it but if you t bone it not so much and you'd better believe if it was a moose it doesn't matter what part you hit your both going down!

TransNone13
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I smoked it's head, I'm grateful for that. Sounded like a melon. A moose? No shit, fun story... got run down by a mommy moose in Alaska...

grim
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:45 PM
yea I know of a mooseknuckle that can run me down sometimes :lol: glad it didn't take you out I'm gonna get some shut ass :lol: I'm fucking exhausted after today!

TransNone13
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Shut ass? Oh...

Clovis
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Nick ninja has a story about tboning a deer at 90mph. He split the thing in half and knocked himself out. He came to on the ground covered in blood and entrails with his bike down the road.

CSP: how fast were you going?
NN: what's the speed limit?
CSP: it's 55 sir.
NN: I was going about 55 officer.
CSP: ROFL, I already measured your skid marks and estimate 90mph.
NN: shit

grim
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Shut ass? Oh...

yea I had an auto correct failure last night when I was posting in my Cortez run

TransNone13
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Lol, I remember decapitating a dear with a popup headlight in a Formula in GA. Thing was over 10 pts!!!

TransNone13
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 10:49 PM
yea I had an auto correct failure last night when I was posting in my Cortez run

Oh I was thinking that's old guy being cool guy lingo for bed time sex.

JonnyD
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 12:08 AM

You're farkin' lucky! I hit a deer last season and it ended Bambi's life, my bike's life, and I was laid up in the hospital for 4 days. Fugger jumped in front of me too!
Maybe we all need to get some rifles and start teaching deer some advanced motorcycle dodging course...:sniper:

TransNone13
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I'm pretty certain that just accepting I was going to rail it helped, instead of trying to swerve or something to upset the bike.

brennahm
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Animals in the roadway=getonthemotherfuckingas!

My dad's one of those people who when he rides, animals come from all around to get in the way. He T-boned a deer on his CB750 when I was a kid. Literally deflated the deer but didn't go down. He said the MI state patrolman lost his lunch as Dad hauled a 5lb ham out of his highway bars.

Second best lesson he ever taught me about riding is to always throttle through an animal. Well done Transnone.

asp_125
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 09:39 AM
A rather large bambi started to cross the road in front of me Friday night up in Estes. Lucky for me (and the 10 bikes behind me) it scampered away just in time.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Have about lost count of how many deer I've taken out in the cage back in MN and WI. Not nearly as much of an issue in CO but scary for sure. At least one person would loose their life in a bike/deer wreck just in our area of WI.

Scatterbrain
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Glad your ok, that could have become pretty damn tragic.