PDA

View Full Version : 01,2,3 gsxr suspension

japrules
Tue May 31st, 2005, 08:22 AM
i keep seeing gsxr 600 racebikes fir sale with a stock rear shock.. is the factory rear shock really good enough to race with?

Anonymous
Tue May 31st, 2005, 10:20 AM
Well, it isn't great.. My shock blew out it's rebound so I just bought a used Penske triple. You can have a stocker rebuilt by Marcus at RPS, or just find something on ebay, but I'd certainly upgrade it somehow (same with the forks, if they're stock).

japrules
Tue May 31st, 2005, 11:05 AM
Well, it isn't great.. My shock blew out it's rebound so I just bought a used Penske triple. You can have a stocker rebuilt by Marcus at RPS, or just find something on ebay, but I'd certainly upgrade it somehow (same with the forks, if they're stock).

Damnit, missed crash's 600.. thanks for the info.. i guess I'll have to watch my costs so I can drop a penske in... Mike applehans says his rebuilt (rps) goes away after 17 laps or something like that.. i gues sthat would be ok for sprints.

Anonymous
Tue May 31st, 2005, 03:51 PM
You can find deals if you are patient. I got a used, freshly-rebuilt triple for $500. Rebuilding a stocker isn't much less than that, and I definitely got a better-than-stock shock out of the deal.

Keep an eye on eBay, as well as WERA and other race org classifieds. Just don't expect to find one right away (and have some money set aside, since deals like that tend to sell pretty fast).

japrules
Tue May 31st, 2005, 07:01 PM
You can find deals if you are patient. I got a used, freshly-rebuilt triple for $500. Rebuilding a stocker isn't much less than that, and I definitely got a better-than-stock shock out of the deal.

Keep an eye on eBay, as well as WERA and other race org classifieds. Just don't expect to find one right away (and have some money set aside, since deals like that tend to sell pretty fast).

$500 for a triple? shiot! thats a great deal?I!

Anonymous
Tue May 31st, 2005, 09:00 PM
I'm not the only one I've heard of picking one up at that price, either. Shop around. ;)

troythetroll
Tue May 31st, 2005, 10:32 PM
I got my Penske triple clicker near new for $500. It wasn't on ebay for more than an hour and I bought it as fast as I could move.

They aren't easy to find but they are there.

Hoopty
Thu Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:58 AM
The stock shock is not that bad, but you might as well upgrade it. :D I'm coming from an F3, the GSXR handles better stock than that thing did with suspension work. LOL I have the Penske double clicker, I got that and a PC3R for $500 shipped. Hard to beat that. :D The deals are there, you just need to be patient and persistent. :siesta: