PDA

View Full Version : Imiday Friday 8/19

Vellos
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Ummm anyone want to go to IMI this Friday? Post or PM I don't really want to go alone (yes, because I'm skurred) so let me know if you're coming. :)

Vellos
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Bunch of you said you wanted to go to IMI with me. Wellll I'm going before school starts. And I ain't going to do weekends...

Ted
Tue Aug 16th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I have a weekday job....

vort3xr6
Tue Aug 16th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Get a job!

Slo
Tue Aug 16th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Sorry George, can't do weekdays here.

Tue Aug 16th, 2011, 10:14 AM
maybe.

OUTLAWD
Tue Aug 16th, 2011, 10:31 AM
well, since I obviously didn't make it today...maybe

06R1
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Ummm anyone want to go to IMI this Friday? Post or PM I don't really want to go alone (yes, because I'm skurred) so let me know if you're coming. :)

So I have never been to IMI (or any track for that matter) but I do know that some tracks have restrictions on having glycol in the radiator etc... What are the rules for IMI and what amount of time does the $35.00 get ya? I am expecting a new track suit to arrive tomorrow so if it comes in, then I will defiantely tray and make it depending ont he answer to the above questions...

WolFeYeZ
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 11:25 PM
So I have never been to IMI (or any track for that matter) but I do know that some tracks have restrictions on having glycol in the radiator etc... What are the rules for IMI and what amount of time does the $35.00 get ya? I am expecting a new track suit to arrive tomorrow so if it comes in, then I will defiantely tray and make it depending ont he answer to the above questions...

(Info coming from someone that has been to IMI once)

From what I know they don't care about you doing anything to your bike and glycol seemed to be just fine. Also it sounds like the only gear requirement is a helmet.

During the week IMI opens at 10am and goes until dusk and you can spend the whole day there. The catch is this: Bikes and Carts (their main business) cant be on the track in the same session. Carts take priority so if there are cart renters, they get the track. During the week though it sounds like there are limited carts though so you get plenty of time. I went on a Friday a few weeks ago and I got more than enough in to wear me out and be ready to head home.

MilkMan
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 12:50 AM
So no one really seems to be up for a ride tomorrow morning (Thurs) so I may just hold off and come up to IMI to join ya man. I've been wanting to head up there and I dont have to work untill 3pm, so I think I should have plenty of time to make a few laps and make it back down for work.
-Mick-

Yodannyc
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I would be down to join in. I talked to you at the BBQ Vellos

chronicboy
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 06:52 AM
hi, can someone post up some more info about IMI
i have never heard of this place
track access is quite limited here in CO, especially when you have to get there from here (Gypsum)
IMI would make for the 4th publicly availible track in CO
please add to this list:
HPR
pueblo
Pikes Peak
IMI(?)
Mclure Pass international speedway(just kidding)

OUTLAWD
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 07:22 AM
central city raceway
st vrain speedway

Ted
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 07:51 AM
st vrain speedway ? :pointlaugh:

OUTLAWD
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 08:31 AM
st vrain speedway ? :pointlaugh:

its better than your beloved boulder canyon parking lot..:hibye:

so wait...who all is going? I could prob stay til 1-2

MilkMan
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I'm most likely going to come up for a bit. Will also have to leave around 1-2. A buddy of mine wants to join as well, but doesn't have leathers. He has jacket, helmet, and gloves, but no leather pants. Do you guys know if you have to have full leathers to run out there? I know its recomended but I'm sure some of the guys here ride harder in the mountains with jeans on than you can really even do on a smaller track like IMI lol!
-Mick-

asp_125
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I have seen riders out there with jeans. Not the wisest choice but nontheless IMI doesn't care.

Vellos
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 02:09 PM
You can ride much harder at IMI than in the mountains. And jeans are okay but not recommended of course.

vort3xr6
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM
You can ride much harder at IMI than in the mountains. And jeans are okay but not recommended of course.

You can full throttle first gear and never hit 50mph. Oh and you can highside to the moon if you want.

MilkMan
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Cool thanks for the info fellas! Hope to see you guys there.
-Mick-

UglyDogRacing
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 02:58 PM
track access is quite limited here in CO

actually the tracks here are probably the most accessible in the country.

OUTLAWD
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 03:57 PM
milk...If I end up heading down, I can bring my spare 2 pc and your buddy can borrow it if it fits...size 44 US

and I have seen plenty of highsides at IMI

chronicboy
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 05:29 PM
actually the tracks here are probably the most accessible in the country.
thats a bummer considering HPR only has 2 lapping days this month

chronicboy
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 05:34 PM
1 at Pueblo

chronicboy
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 05:37 PM
0 at Pikes Peak this month

Vellos
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 07:31 PM
My little brother and mom are coming out to ride some carts. Will see some of you tomorrow. Cheers.

MisterDeadman
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Bunch of you said you wanted to go to IMI with me. Wellll I'm going before school starts. And I ain't going to do weekends...

A little off topic, but do you ever run the track during the school year? I'm a student too and this semester will be the first time in a while I haven't had work and/or school 5 days a week.

rustler753
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Hi there, new guy here, I might have met a few of you at IMI last weekend (Black cbr 929 here). Signed up because you all were such good natured folks, and also wanted to mention me and another from Fireblades.org will be there tomorrow (8/19), so hope to see a few there! We'll be showing up at 10am 8)

OUTLAWD
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 11:05 PM
My little brother and mom are coming out to ride some carts. Will see some of you tomorrow. Cheers.

you are bringing cart renters!? :down:

...this is simply an unforgivable action

Vellos
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 11:11 PM
A little off topic, but do you ever run the track during the school year? I'm a student too and this semester will be the first time in a while I haven't had work and/or school 5 days a week.

Yeah, gets cold though. Got Friday's off.

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 07:55 AM
well..I feel like crap and didn't sleep at all...I might roll through to see how you clowns are doing though

Vellos
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 08:47 AM
:gay:

Bueller
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I might head up on the street bike to point and laugh, talk sprockets and suspension, but then again that is a lot of crappy road to get there, so who knows.

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
:gay:

you want me out there stuffing you in corners all tweaked out on monster and shaking? if so then I might oblige

Ted
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:58 AM
well..I feel like crap and didn't sleep at all...I might roll through to see how you clowns are doing though

Was kicking it with the CSU coeds last night ???????????? That would wear you down brother....

Slo
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hi there, new guy here, I might have met a few of you at IMI last weekend (Black cbr 929 here). Signed up because you all were such good natured folks, and also wanted to mention me and another from Fireblades.org will be there tomorrow (8/19), so hope to see a few there! We'll be showing up at 10am 8)

Was that you? Good to meet you, will see you there in the near future.
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3113/img4157group.jpg

Yodannyc
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 12:45 PM
yea sorry i slept in

Bueller
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I stopped by but I didn't recognize anyone so I kept going to Epic and gots me a new chain for the 250.

Vellos
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I stopped by but I didn't recognize anyone so I kept going to Epic and gots me a new chain for the 250.

I saw you, but didn't know you'd be on the Buell. My bike was right in-front of you though.

Bueller
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 07:44 PM
thought that might have been yours but I didn't see you. Worked out best though, got up to Epic, got chain, BS'd w/ Eddie for a bit and barely beat traffic home.

Aracheon
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM
you want me out there stuffing you in corners all tweaked out on monster and shaking? if so then I might oblige

:lol: :lol:

MisterDeadman
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 08:38 PM

I might pay for that kind of action.... :eyebrows:
Hahaha

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I showed up in the cage for a hot second and took some pics...I'll post them up...at some point...maybe