FULL YOSH EXHAUST
VORTEX REARSETS
VORTEX CLIP ONS
NISSIN AFTERMARKET MASTER CYLINDER
520 CONVERSION
HOTBODIES PLASTICS
NRC CASE COVERS

$4200.00

the front is all traxxion dynamics valves and springs... i am leary on this since my last bike didn;t have the valves.. he says he doesn;t know if the penski rear is double or triple.. can you tell from the photo?

cash price is $4k but i'd have to drive to dallas...

also it looks like the frame has a few dents... is this bad? checking on this.

Filo
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 09:58 AM

I have owned two race bikes that have had bent frames one way or another. Unless you are an expert on frames for this particular year and model of bike, I would avoid a frame with a dent on it. It could be that the only problem is the external dent. It could also be that the frame is tweaked and you will be begging a frame off someone and doing a frame swap. Or paying $400 + to have it straightened. Plus, with the age of this bike, there are plenty more out there that people want to dump somewhat cheap. Plus, it is painted sort of Smokin' Joes Racing colors. Don't want to send the wrong message to the kids, now do we?

On the plus side, you won't have to drive to Texas if you listen to me :lol:

japrules
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 10:05 AM

I have owned two race bikes that have had bent frames one way or another. Unless you are an expert on frames for this particular year and model of bike, I would avoid a frame with a dent on it. It could be that the only problem is the external dent. It could also be that the frame is tweaked and you will be begging a frame off someone and doing a frame swap. Or paying $400 + to have it straightened. Plus, with the age of this bike, there are plenty more out there that people want to dump somewhat cheap. Plus, it is painted sort of Smokin' Joes Racing colors. Don't want to send the wrong message to the kids, now do we?

i just sent an email.. asked him.. if its dented screw it. just not sure.. i'd have to replace the body.. i found out i can get a new one for $350 with lockharts privateer program (hotbodies)..

any other comments from anyone??
thanks!

ebazyl
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 10:09 AM
The Penske does NOT look like a tripple, but it is a Penske

For $4200 it does not sound like a bad deal, but I would definelty get the frame checked, if nothing else you will have peace of mind.

As for the colors...who cares? :siesta:

japrules
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 10:17 AM

here is a close up of the frame.. i don't think its dented now that i look close.. not on this side anyway..

oh i heard something about valve train problems on the 01's that was fixed in 02'... any truth to this????

japrules
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 10:20 AM
The Penske does NOT look like a tripple, but it is a Penske

For $4200 it does not sound like a bad deal, but I would definelty get the frame checked, if nothing else you will have peace of mind.

As for the colors...who cares? :siesta:

i like the colors.. but the body is pretty trashed... i bet its a double... he would know.. tank has a nice dinger too.. but looks like an easy fix..

Filo
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 10:35 AM

here is a close up of the frame.. i don't think its dented now that i look close.. not on this side anyway..

oh i heard something about valve train problems on the 01's that was fixed in 02'... any truth to this????

The color thing was a joke (hahaha). Of course, I don't know Jap personally - maybe he has fucia leathers and mauve boots, in which case the bike is all wrong for him (another bad joke).

The frame. to me, looks dented on the other side from your picture, riight where the knee would go. Again, this would worry me, especially if the dent came from hitting curbing while sliding or something. That sort of stuff tends to pull the stearing head away from where it is supposed to be, resulting in suboptimal handling.

Anonymous
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 10:38 AM

Dents or not I'd still want it checked. A frame bend won't be visible.

No. CCT maybe, but you should be running an APE manual tensioner anyway. Valve setups are identical from 01-03 (I know because I put an 03 head on my 01 motor).

It's an alright deal, but you can probably do better for the distance. Figure in the cost of gas and a night in a hotel to drive to Dallas and back and the deal isn't so good IMO.

Who's bike is it? I can probably ask around to get an idea of it's history.

japrules
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 10:43 AM

Dents or not I'd still want it checked. A frame bend won't be visible.

No. CCT maybe, but you should be running an APE manual tensioner anyway. Valve setups are identical from 01-03 (I know because I put an 03 head on my 01 motor).

It's an alright deal, but you can probably do better for the distance. Figure in the cost of gas and a night in a hotel to drive to Dallas and back and the deal isn't so good IMO.

Who's bike is it? I can probably ask around to get an idea of it's history.

name is chris bean... i was going to try and deal on travel.. i think you are right.. not a great deal with travel.

mike applehans offered me his 02' for same price but no suspension work i don't think... with cost of travel maybe i ought to buy it and just try and find a shock.. can't remember if his front is done... hmmm

Lurch
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 04:38 PM
You should have the frame checked on any race bike you buy. I know someone that bought a national teams bike and went out and fell down 3 times all in left turns. Couldn't figure out why so I said the frame is prolly bent. "No way it's a national team bike" The frame was almost a 1/4 of an inch off.

Here is another bike http://www.cra-mn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3096
looks pretty good. There are a couple of local guys that travel to all the CRA races. They maybe able to bring it back for you.

Also make sure it has a clean title frame. You can get more out of it later on.

Lurch

Bertha
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 04:44 PM
or buy my honda... :idea:

japrules
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 05:25 PM
You should have the frame checked on any race bike you buy. I know someone that bought a national teams bike and went out and fell down 3 times all in left turns. Couldn't figure out why so I said the frame is prolly bent. "No way it's a national team bike" The frame was almost a 1/4 of an inch off.

Here is another bike http://www.cra-mn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3096
looks pretty good. There are a couple of local guys that travel to all the CRA races. They maybe able to bring it back for you.

Also make sure it has a clean title frame. You can get more out of it later on.

Lurch

You frickin rule Lurch! Thanks, this is much nicer than the bike I am looking at :yay:

cept he sold teh penske! argh!! and dropped by only $300... double argh!

left him a message.. if anybody is headed that way let me know...

update: bike isn't running right and is in the shop... also doesn't know what springs are in the front.. argh...

I hope Mike A. can come thru for me on his... waiting for him to get back to me...

japrules
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 05:32 PM

The color thing was a joke (hahaha). Of course, I don't know Jap personally - maybe he has fucia leathers and mauve boots, in which case the bike is all wrong for him (another bad joke).

The frame. to me, looks dented on the other side from your picture, riight where the knee would go. Again, this would worry me, especially if the dent came from hitting curbing while sliding or something. That sort of stuff tends to pull the stearing head away from where it is supposed to be, resulting in suboptimal handling.

it is dented.. he says he had it checked when he bought it.. buts its off my list.. its filled with bondo... ack

Lurch
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 05:49 PM
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80167

japrules
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 05:50 PM
or buy my honda... :idea:

make me some crazy deal!

Lurch
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 05:55 PM
http://superbikeplanet.com/classifieds?wb=showAd&catToShow=j&adToShow=2001+gsxr+600.1117336910062

Filo
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 06:06 PM
http://superbikeplanet.com/classifieds?wb=showAd&catToShow=j&adToShow=2001+gs xr+600.1117336910062

Damn Lurch. Mr. Post whore on this thread. You working for your self again or are you just rippin' off the man????

Lurch
Wed Jun 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM
I'm trying to get to 500 so back off Adam.

Oh and I'm still rippin off the man. If all goes well I will be stealing more in a few days.

Lurch

Hoopty
Thu Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:09 AM
500! :lol: That one on Superbike planet sounds mean, I wonder what else it comes with? If you buy it, want to "upgrade" to a stock 03 motor? :D

japrules
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:37 AM
this seems like a killer deal.. thoughts? think is in san fran area

03 GSXR 600 track bike - $4500

This is a track/race bike only w/no title. It has the
following:
Yosh cams
Lightly ported head
Case covers
Frame sliders
Yosh EMS
Power Commander IIIr w/ map for engine work
Yosh RS3 full system (high)
Woodcraft rearsets and stock rearsets
Pirelli supercorsas (RS1 front, RS2 rear), 1 trackday
Sharkskinz
Scotts damper
Penske 3way rear shock
GP suspension front end (compression, rebound stacks
and springs)
Galfer rotors
520 conversion (15/47)
Extra subframe
New battery (March)

This bike runs awesome. It puts out around 110 rwhp,
and handles wonderfully.
Price is firm. Thanks for looking.

ebazyl
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:40 AM
Sounds like a preaty good one, and if you are going to Laguna you can pick it up there.

RAGrote
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:48 AM
update: bike isn't running right and is in the shop... also doesn't know what springs are in the front.. argh...

So far you've said "he doesn't know" several times. I know every bolt on my bikes and more about my old trashed racers... I'd be suspicious of somebody who knew so little.

Add $1500-2000 to the price for your trip/trouble to Dallas. Is it a good price? Only you can answer that. Anybody that said "I don't know" to me? I'd run to the nearest exit.

japrules
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 10:27 AM

So far you've said "he doesn't know" several times. I know every bolt on my bikes and more about my old trashed racers... I'd be suspicious of somebody who knew so little.

Add $1500-2000 to the price for your trip/trouble to Dallas. Is it a good price? Only you can answer that. Anybody that said "I don't know" to me? I'd run to the nearest exit.

i agree... see last bike i found... guy even knows all spring rates!

Hoopty
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:56 AM
That sounds like a most excellent deal!!! I paid $3500 for my 03 GSXR 600, then I put a bunch of $ into it and I've done everything but motor work. I did get a title with mine, but it is a salvage one.

zx6er
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 01:08 PM
check this out joe

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=df12b1087fc6dd0c1e5a3bf7a895caee&threadid=80048

phillip

japrules
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
is this mount welding normal for an 03' gsxr?

Anonymous
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:04 PM
Not sure what you mean by "mount welding", I just see the usual frame welds and a frame slider bolted to it. All looks typical to me... unless I am not seeing something in that pic?

If you want to see a "normal" 600, come by the pits and find 321 (I am on the west row towards concessions).

japrules
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:09 PM
Not sure what you mean by "mount welding", I just see the usual frame welds and a frame slider bolted to it. All looks typical to me... unless I am not seeing something in that pic?

If you want to see a "normal" 600, come by the pits and find 321 (I am on the west row towards concessions).

if the welds in the photo look normal to u then u answered my question... more pics to come...

Sparker
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
yea, the welds look normal. they look like shit :)

japrules
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:29 PM
ok... here is a new one...

The motor was built by BRG Racing in Concord in May 04, balanced and blueprinted, mild port work, big cams

This is a track/race bike only w/no title. It has the following:
Yosh cams
Lightly ported head
Case covers
Frame sliders
Yosh EMS
Power Commander IIIr w/ map for engine work
Yosh RS3 full system (high)
Woodcraft rearsets and stock rearsets
Pirelli supercorsas (RS1 front, RS2 rear), 1 trackday
Sharkskinz
Scotts damper
Penske 3way rear shock
GP suspension front end (compression, rebound stacks and springs)
Galfer rotors
520 conversion (15/47)
Extra subframe
New battery (March)

This bike runs awesome. It puts out around 110 rwhp, and handles wonderfully.
Price is firm. Thanks for looking.

japrules
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:30 PM
more...

japrules
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
he;s asking $4500 which sounds too cheap? its in cali... so i am hoping someone could haul it back for me... anybody give me $100 for the tires?anyway thought? comes with a new woodcraft crankcase cover also...

correct me if i'm wrong.. a coat of paint and its worth $5500?

j

japrules
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:38 PM
2 more...