PDA

View Full Version : Need some powder coating around Highlands Ranch/Littleton area

JustinP
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I have an aluminum mountain plate and aux fuel cell I want to get powder coated black. Any recommendations for good and cheap close to this area? A 50/50 ratio of good vs. cheap would be OK with me :) Not really about looks, but I don't want it to look like complete crap either.

grim
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I have an aluminum mountain plate and aux fuel cell I want to get powder coated black. Any recommendations for good and cheap close to this area? A 50/50 ratio of good vs. cheap would be OK with me :) Not really about looks, but I don't want it to look like complete crap either.

Do you have the powder? and can you put up a picture of what you want to be powder coated.

JustinP
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Do you have the powder? and can you put up a picture of what you want to be powder coated.

My bad - forgot I posted this. I do not have the powder - honestly I do not know much about the process at all. Would I need to get powder for someone to do it? Where do you get the powder?

I actually don't think I'll be doing the tank, going to put a bag over it, so it looks like luggage. So will just need a 8 x 17 inch 1/4 aluminum plate done.

Here's what the setup looks like. Not for looks, it's for miles :)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8nEV2I0PU04/TkcR6ncN3SI/AAAAAAAAA20/rlUBHNHVHeE/s800/IMG_0560.JPG

grim
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 02:23 PM
i will see if i have black powder or not if not you can buy it online from different vendors like powder by the pound. I will get with you on monday to see if we have black or not.

JustinP
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 04:32 PM
i will see if i have black powder or not if not you can buy it online from different vendors like powder by the pound. I will get with you on monday to see if we have black or not.

Cool thanks.. and I'm not doing the tank. Actually decided to just cover it with a bag - found a cheap $10 duffel at Walmart that fits perfectly.

So it's just the 8 x 17 inch aluminum plate that needs to be done.