PDA

View Full Version : VW Parts

brennahm
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Just had Emich try to give me the shaft. $900 to diagnose and replace two engine sensors. No, they wouldn't take more than an hour to replace real time. And the sensors aren't more than $150 in parts together.

What other VW dealers do you guys like? Gotta get the parts (I had a feeling it was these two to begin with but didn't really have the time to do it myself) and would rather avoid Emich altogether now.

madvlad
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I can probably check through my work and see how much the parts are so I can save you some cash if you want but on the install side I can't help you cause I hate VW lol

King Nothing
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:35 AM
import car parts at Dartmouth and Sante Fe has great prices. thats where I got parts for my GTI and my wife's accord. great prices

Sean
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
There was a guy who was on here for awhile, Ryan (highpsi03 I think) who was really into VW's and worked at a shop or dealer. Offered descounts a couple of times to people. Pretty good guy, you may want to send him a PM and see if he's still around?

brennahm
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:53 AM
MadVlad - PM en route. Also, I can do the work myself...guess I'll have to MAKE time.

King Nothing - Thanks!

Sean - I hit up Ryan once or twice and never got much response. Figured I'd hit up the CSC world...

laspariahs
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I hate VW's.

I used to buy parts from:

http://www.mjmautohaus.com/

Or the local junkyard, or ebay sometimes.

Owning a VW you spend a lot of time looking for parts or waiting for parts to arrive.

brennahm
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM
It's a great car to drive. My only wish would be that it was the turbo four instead of the V6 since most of it's use is driving to go boarding in the winter.

Horrible quality in terms of little problems. Still, I don't find it too hard to work on (considering I cut my teeth on a 1990's Cherokee) and that all wheel drive works soooooo well.

laspariahs
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 11:02 AM
It's a great car to drive. My only wish would be that it was the turbo four instead of the V6 since most of it's use is driving to go boarding in the winter.

Horrible quality in terms of little problems. Still, I don't find it too hard to work on (considering I cut my teeth on a 1990's Cherokee) and that all wheel drive works soooooo well.

Mine was great when it was working as well, when. I had the VR6, and it's supposed to be a lot more reliable than the turbo 4.....

It's easy to work on, but the number of times you have to work on it is the issue, which in my case was every couple of months once it hit 100,000 miles.

derekm
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 11:36 AM
try hardeys down in parker?

brennahm
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Interesting turn of events, spoke with another local VW dealer just to get price/avail on the parts. Had them transfer me to service, these guys quoted me literally half the cost to do the work. Called Emich's service manager and he confirmed that their labor rate "based on a matrix" can be as much as twice the other dealer's and also wanted twice as long to install one of the sensors. Told him to have a nice day, I'm just flabbergasted.

madvlad
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Emich sucks, I worked at Osborn and they were decent.