PDA

View Full Version : MRA Race #6 at High Plains Raceway Sat/Sun Aug 27/28th!

MRA
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 03:27 PM
The MRA is back at High Plains Raceway for Round #6 of the 2011 Season.

The Super Street class will once again run on Saturday. If you’re a street or trackday rider and would like to experience road racing for only $100 with minimal bike prep, go to http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12495 (http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12495) for more information.

Tickets for all MRA races are purchased at the event gate each Saturday and Sunday. Military Personnel, show your military I.D. and get in for free!

Weekend Admission: Adults $10 for the entire weekend of racing. Kids under 12 are free! Stop by your local motorcycle shop for a 2 for 1 admission voucher.

High Plains Raceway - 93301 E Highway 36, Deertrail, Colorado 80105
Directions: High Plains Raceway is located on U.S. Highway 36, 17 miles east of Byers. This is 60 miles (and less than one hour) east of the I-25 & I-70 interchange, known locally as the Mousetrap. At Byers, exit I-70 (which bends to the south towards Limon) taking Highway 36 due east 17 miles. The track is on your left, with the entrance at the Easternmost side of the property.
Information: Call (303) 769-4771
Information: www.highplainsraceway.com (http://www.highplainsraceway.com/)

The MRA is dedicated to promoting safe and competitive motorcycle roadracing events for enthusiasts in Colorado and the surrounding area. For more information go to www.mra-racing.org (http://www.mra-racing.org/)

For a daily schedule of races go to http://forums.mra-racing.o​rg/viewtopic.php?t=12164 (http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12164)

http://uglydogracing.com/mra/2011/Race_of_the_Rockies_start_073111.jpg

Trainwreck
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 04:48 PM
YES!!

Slo
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
Yup, this slo fugger will be out there Sat for the super street class!!!

jbnwc
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:19 PM

Sweet. See you there!

Bueller
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 07:08 PM

Not sure what rig I will be there in but I hope to see you guys there, is the team gonna show up? :)

martincjm
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
I'll be chugging along with you in SS , Slo.
Gray GSXR 1000.

flyingmonkey
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
I am in as well, see you all there.

Slo
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 08:44 PM
Sweet. See you there!
Definitely...

Not sure what rig I will be there in but I hope to see you guys there, is the team gonna show up? :)
Yeah we will both be there with friends.....ill look for you out there Dave.

I'll be chugging along with you in SS , Slo.
Gray GSXR 1000.
doubt you'll just be chugging along Haha....

I am in as well, see you all there.
fun times!!!

dirkterrell
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM

Jay and I will be there. If you're there before I am, save us a spot if you can. :loop:

CaneZach
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 09:55 AM
I can't make this round. Just my luck the races are scheduled the same weekend I'll be in Indianapolis :yay:

Bueller
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
I can't make this round. Just my luck the races are scheduled the same weekend I'll be in Indianapolis :yay:
Hmmm watch racing or do racing............:slap:

CaneZach
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Hmmm watch racing or do racing............:slap:

Just spectating. If I could find a bike to use, I'd hit up Putnam Park while I was there. I guess I could commandeer someone's Desmo and take it for a spin. :eyebrows:

Sean
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
I guess I could commandeer someone's Desmo and take it for a spin. :eyebrows:The Primac team doesn't really "race" theirs anyway. :lol:

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
I should be out there with you as well. :eyebrows:

Sean
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
I should be out there with you as well. :eyebrows::applause:

Slo
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
I should be out there with you as well. :eyebrows:

I should have my vietnamese rice picking hat on....ill come n find you. Will be pitting with Dirk and next to Bueller.

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
I should have my vietnamese rice picking hat on....ill come n find you. Will be pitting with Dirk and next to Bueller.
Sweet, I think I'll be either with Hersh or Lenski.

Bueller
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:06 PM
This is shaping up to be a SS Battle Royal

Just remember boys, nobody wins practice :)

Slo
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
This is shaping up to be a SS Battle Royal

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a SS royal rumble in turn 1....or any other turn haha.

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a SS royal rumble in turn 1....or any other turn haha.
That's the only part I'm afraid of, some yahoo going up my ass into turn 1... and not in the good way. :lol:

Snowman
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
That's the only part I'm afraid of, some yahoo going up my ass into turn 1... and not in the good way. :lol:There is a good way?

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
There is a good way?
:eyebrows:

So since I have that voucher, I won't be able to register until the day of, so looks like I'll be in the back of the grid anyways.

jbnwc
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
That's the only part I'm afraid of, some yahoo going up my ass into turn 1... and not in the good way. :lol:

People were pretty good going into turn 1 last time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f6-NpRjN9c

Bueller
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Don't park it going in and everything should be good :lol:

Seriously turn one is not that bad, I would worry more about 4 :devil1:

jbnwc
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:26 PM

Amen! Stop crashing during practice!!!

jbnwc
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM

Agreed - 4 seemed to be where we kept getting two+ wide.

Watch at 11:25

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:36 PM

I've learned to love turn 1. I didn't like it my 1st time out there, but the last time, I was starting to really like it.

I have some things I need to work on that Brownie and Applehans brought up to me. So that's what I'm doing for Friday. Hopefully I'll drop some more time.

Slo
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
good save @ 12:26!!!!

jbnwc
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
good save @ 12:26!!!!

Yeah, that was when I decided to settle for 4th. I'm bringing better tires this weekend; those Power Pures just would not hook up. I had an even bigger oh poop moment during practice(0:43):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPwGL5WwT50&feature=related

That one knocked the wind out of me.

Slo
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
Damn you had a handfull going on that day!!!

rybo
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Amen! Stop crashing !!!

Fixed that for everyone -

I've discovered a few sure fire ways to NOT win a race

1) Crash
2) Run out of fuel
3) It is REALLY REALLY hard to win if you jump the start

Seriously - crashing sucks. I've done my fair share of it, so I consider myself an expert on the subject. You lose the race, you wreck your shit and most of the time something on your body hurts. Beyond that you have to withstand the humiliation of the "ride of shame" back on the crash cart in front of all your friends and the other spectators.

This is shaping up to be a GREAT superstreet battle! I know I'll be watching!

S

CoronaKOK
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Fixed that for everyone -

I've discovered a few sure fire ways to NOT win a race

1) Crash
2) Run out of fuel

Seriously - crashing sucks. I've done my fair share of it, so I consider myself an expert on the subject. You lose the race, you wreck your shit and most of the time something on your body hurts. Beyond that you have to withstand the humiliation of the "ride of shame" back on the crash cart in front of all your friends and the other spectators.

This is shaping up to be a GREAT superstreet battle! I know I'll be watching!

S

Unless its raining then you can serve your meatball & still win! Sorry Mohammer...lol

rforsythe
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 03:20 PM

Depends. Most people jump it, realize they jumped it, and stop. Then they blow the start behind everyone else who was primed to go already, and get a spicy meatball on top of that. If you're gonna jump it, jump the fuck out the start and keep going WOT.

garyC
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
I'm ready to give the SS a try this weekend. I have a gift certificate for a free entry. Does anyone know how to register with it? I am guessing I show up with it on Saturday and register.

Starting from the back might not be such a bad thing.

spideyrdr
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
WOW! Looks like SuperStreet turnout will be good from the CSC! Anyone coming out that needs somewhere to hang out, come look for Team Spinal Tap (our unofficial name). #880 (me), #427 (snowman), #522 (sprtbkbabe) and #420 (Davy4575) should be out there and will help you get your bearings if needed, lend you a tool, or give you unsolicited advice.

Keep it upright and have fun!

hcr25
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 08:56 PM
Guess I'll be there. This will be my first super street as well. Mike

OUTLAWD
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
will help you get your bearings if needed, lend you a tool, or give you unsolicited advice.

hopefully no one needs bearings before their race...

Guess I'll be there. This will be my first super street as well. Mike

:spit:

if you are around on friday, I'm sure Wicky wouldn't mind showing you around for a few laps

rybo
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
I'm ready to give the SS a try this weekend. I have a gift certificate for a free entry. Does anyone know how to register with it? I am guessing I show up with it on Saturday and register.

Starting from the back might not be such a bad thing.

Gary,

Just bring that certificate with you to the raceday office on saturday. Please try to get there before 10AM if possilble, If you want to be way ahead of the game you could fill out this form and bring it with you, ready to go!

Thanks- - See you there!

Scott

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2011_SuperStreet_Application_Form.pdf

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 24th, 2011, 06:49 AM
:spit:

if you are around on friday, I'm sure Wicky wouldn't mind showing you around for a few laps
I'd be more than happy to. :lol:

Snowman
Wed Aug 24th, 2011, 07:26 AM
How many super street racers can fit into turn one?

jbnwc
Wed Aug 24th, 2011, 08:00 AM
The SuperStreet guys tend to pit and hang out together at HPR in the row closest to the main entrance. That's where I'll be. I'll be towing a red ZX12 with either an Escalade or Saab 9-7x and if the wind is tame I'll have a big white EZUP. Come say hi.

rforsythe
Wed Aug 24th, 2011, 10:07 AM

Probably more than will manage to make it there at the same time. :lol:

hcr25
Wed Aug 24th, 2011, 11:43 AM

Just plan on being the first one there, then you won't have a problem.

COS Mille
Thu Aug 25th, 2011, 09:50 PM

I think the bigger question is how many can make it OUT of turn one!!!
This has been a great class to watch this year.

COS Mille
MRA 117

Slo
Fri Aug 26th, 2011, 09:50 AM
For the spectator 2 for 1 coupons to watch, is there an electronic copy of this I can print out? I have a few friends coming. And won't have time to run by a dealership after work before they all close.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Aug 26th, 2011, 09:55 AM
For the spectator 2 for 1 coupons to watch, is there an electronic copy of this I can print out? I have a few friends coming. And won't have time to run by a dealership after work before they all close.

Jay, the gate workers have been instructed to only accept the originals.

Slo
Fri Aug 26th, 2011, 09:59 AM
alright, rpm doesn't have them, gforce says they do, will have to try and squeeze some time to get a few.

Ted
Fri Aug 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Ok. I have to come watch SS ... Any approximation on when superstreet practice begins. I will try to get to HPR from Boulder by 2:17pm .... I will be cheering for everyone.... friend or foe and anything in between !

UglyDogRacing
Fri Aug 26th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Late afternoon after the endurance races. If you're there by 2:17pm you won't miss SS and you will get to watch plenty of other racing.

Mother Goose
Sun Aug 28th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Had an awesome time this weekend. I got up to 2nd in SuperStreet and was closing on 1st pretty quick, then going into turn 6 my foot slipped off the peg. Once I finished the turn I looked down and my right foot was wet. :shock: So I pulled right off the track and saw that it was leaking oil from a bolt that made it's way out near the clutch cover. Sucks because there was only 2 laps left and I would have been able to pass 1st going into turn 10.

But on a positive note, I ran a personal best time of 2:01.4 the lap before the incident. Want to thank whoever it was on the blue 600rr that passed me when we were stuck in traffic, you were great motivation to go faster to catch you and repass you. :D

Slo
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Who was the guy on the black yamaha that got his hand busted....the one that rented a uhaul trailer?

jbnwc
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Who was the guy on the black yamaha that got his hand busted....the one that rented a uhaul trailer?

That was Antonio. Not sure if he's on here, but I have his email addy. He collided with that kid on the blue SV and got his right hand crushed by the left handlebar of the SV.

jbnwc
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Looks like my video upload to Youtube failed. I'll try again tonight.

flyingmonkey
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:54 PM
We were park next to him and his hand was in bad shape.
he was really brave to finish the race with a busted hand

Slo
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah it was, if anyone has his contact info, ask him if he needs help unloading. He needed our help loading up, didn't think to get his # to find out if he was ok later.

martincjm
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Anyone know what the top 5 finish order was? People were flying off track at every corner and I couldn't tell who the hell finished where.
1st was Red R6
2nd- ?

Thanks

jbnwc
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 01:33 PM
1st was John on the Red R6
2nd was Slo on the Green ZX10R
3rd was me on the Red ZX12R
4th was ?? on the Blue CBR600RR

Don't know beyond that - still working on the video which might help sort out the order.

Slo
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 01:33 PM
EDIT - nevermind got ninja'd by jbnwc

1st-Red R6 (badr6man)
1.5-john (mothergoose)
2nd-slo (booger bike)
3rd-jbnwc (zx12)

jbnwc
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Antonio's number is 719-321-8686 and I believe he lives near Pueblo. His email is deebeniamino@gmail.com.

sneakyhonda
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 03:44 PM
Hey everyone it's Antonio. Had such a great time with everyone. It was a Blast other then the hand getting smashed =0 The hand is way better today not broken thank god! but I did banged it up pretty good but ill be at PPIR for sure. I started 25th had a great start was up to 8th on the video by turn one then banged on turn 4 ran off then got back on like 5th to last =( a few people told me I finish 7th or 8th not to sure but I do know i was in the top five lol but i did fight my way back up. Half way point the pain was so bad I almost couldn't brake. Nice to meet new faces and see old ones as well.

Slo
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 03:48 PM
Was good meeting you out there and great riding......

flyingmonkey
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 07:18 PM
Hey everyone it's Antonio. Had such a great time with everyone. It was a Blast other then the hand getting smashed =0 The hand is way better today not broken thank god! but I did banged it up pretty good but ill be at PPIR for sure. I started 25th had a great start was up to 8th on the video by turn one then banged on turn 4 ran off then got back on like 5th to last =( a few people told me I finish 7th or 8th not to sure but I do know i was in the top five lol but i did fight my way back up. Half way point the pain was so bad I almost couldn't brake. Nice to meet new faces and see old ones as well.

Is good to hear your hand is doing better.
Great racing out there.

sneakyhonda
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:58 AM
anyone want to go in on a garage for the PPIR race?