PDA

View Full Version : 8-26 Damn Store Parkn Lot

HOTCARCASS
Thu Aug 25th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Trying to take as much advantage of the cool mornings. So the plan is to fuel up and drink coffee at sandies and be at the Damn Store parking lot by 7:00. Head out around 7:30 and ride till 12:00. The pace will be even and safe with high fun % always.

Route TBD

Wrider
Thu Aug 25th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Ummm Dam store is at the dam for the reservoir. Damn store is damned to hell.

HOTCARCASS
Thu Aug 25th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Oh sorry, it's at the mouth of the Big Thompson. Hwy 34 just west of sandies. The lot is really nice and the view up the canyon is great. I will be there at the damn store.

Spooph
Fri Aug 26th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Oh sorry, it's at the mouth of the Big Thompson. Hwy 34 just west of sandies. The lot is really nice and the view up the canyon is great. I will be there at the damn store.

:banghead:

as soon as you add the "n" to "dam", it turn from a dam (reservoir) into a condemnation of the soul as Wrider was trying to point out....

dam = reservoir, body of water
damn = go to hell, go die in a fire...

So, you won't be at the confounded condemed to hell store, you will be at the reservoir store at 7am, ie, the DAM (NO "N") store at 7am....

Sorry, I'll be at work and my bike is down so I won't be able to enjoy, but enjoy your body or water store meet-up...

HOTCARCASS
Fri Aug 26th, 2011, 10:58 PM
That sucks your bike is down. Hope you get it fixed soon. You guys are like the spelling musketeers. The Damn store is the Dam Store Guys come on you Knew that. There is no reservoir just a creek. Now about the ridding. 34 was a parking lot up to Devils Gulch. At that point it opened up.