PDA

View Full Version : HPR in SEPT.

trinitypowder
Fri Aug 26th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Do we, track day junkies, really have to go an ENTIRE month before our next fix? WTF:down: Sept. 26th is the next scheduled track day. Glen, I'll give you a :leghump:if you can squeeze a couple of Monday's in there!

rybo
Fri Aug 26th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Well, not really

Chicane will be hosting an event that's open to you at HPR on September 5th.

Check out the details here

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40879

ian22
Sat Aug 27th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Trintypowder......I'm gonna be at HPR sept 26th, if you want to meet up again. Rybo is planning on being there as well (I'm gonna pick his brain and try not to embarrass myself)....its gonna be alot of fun. I hope the weather cooperates.

trinitypowder
Sat Aug 27th, 2011, 07:25 AM
That's my birthday and you better believe I'm gonna be there!! I didn't mean to "dis" you Rybo and the Chicance day. I know you guys put on a great day. But, for the $90 "track day" guys, it sucks to see a bunch of Mondays with nothing scheduled:violin:

ian22
Sat Aug 27th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Funny, my birthday is just a week before. Guess I'll make that track day a gift to myself.

trinitypowder
Sat Aug 27th, 2011, 10:54 AM
There it is. Will each take a few seconds off of our best times and celebrate with a little Bubbly afterward:happybday::happybday:

ian22
Sat Aug 27th, 2011, 11:47 AM
A few seconds? lol - you are much more "optimistic" than I am. I'd be pleased with 3 tenths faster. I gotta pick up a lap timer and see where I am now...I honestly felt like I went the fastest I've gone yesterday.
BTW, did anyone see the dude that had the Troy Siahaan leathers? They said sport rider on them....was that really him or were those replica leathers? I'm sure I've read some articles he's written over the years in SR.
It'll be a happy birthday for sure.

trinitypowder
Sat Aug 27th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I saw him, and wondered the same thing. I have another timer you can have Ian. It's a twin to mine, but there is a line though the middle of the display that kinda jacks it up a bit. It came with mine as a "freebie". I'll bring it and some velco for the 26th. I'm also currently debating about the Chicane Day on the 5th:crazy: Lord help me and my checkbook!!!!!

ian22
Sun Aug 28th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Have fun on the 5th if you go....I'm gonna pick up a lap timer just like yours but I may buy the other one off of you so I can have one on each bike.

Slo
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I may be out there Sept 26th as well...not set in stone just yet.

I am hurting for seat time on my new bike and learning HPR, kept getting confused on which left turn was the full throttle vs the slow speed one haha, along with which uphill right hander tightened up vs not.

Mother Goose
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Me too.... maybe. :D

trinitypowder
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
:wait:How come Glenn never chimed in:wait:

The GECCO
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM
:wait:How come Glenn never chimed in:wait:

If you have a question about the scheduling, you'll get a better response by contacting me directly rather than calling me out on a public forum. Besides, you asked "do we have to wait a month" and Scott answered that question, did he not?

The short answer is that track day participation numbers start to drop off towards the end of the season and I'm trying to drive business towards the Chicane day to help insure Scott has a financially successful event.

trinitypowder
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Nobody is calling you out Glenn. I know Scott's day is important and I was going until my wife informed me off her need to work and my need to watch the kiddos. My thoughts are exactly yours Glenn........the season IS winding down and Sept is kind of the last hooray for good, predictable weather. I was hoping for the 12th and the 26th, that's all. Sorry if I came across :argue:. That was not my intent.

The GECCO
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 08:29 PM
No worries, my apologies. I learned through being MRA prez that most of the time someone asks a question in this manner, they aren't really looking for an answer, they're looking for people to jump on their bandwagon, and there isn't a response that will make them happy.

I appreciate that that wasn't your intent, but when I first saw the thread, that's how I read it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

THX

trinitypowder
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:43 AM
In all honesty Glenn, I was hoping for about 300 guys to chime in and say, "more track days":scream2:. But, it didn't happen. Thanks for the work that you do to help keep all of us enjoying our sport/passion/hobby.:cheers: That being said, I wish we could do it every week!!

trinitypowder
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I almost forgot.......sorry for the leg hump thing:o

ian22
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 12:43 PM
More track days!

I try to help out where I can.

Ghost
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:24 PM
More track days! :D

Yeah, I do wish we had some earlier ones, especially as my bike's still ready to go and the track's still fresh in my head...

Ghost
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Anyone planning to hit the 26th?

Reyven
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:01 PM

Tentatively, yes

ian22
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Yes.

Cornfed
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:08 PM

On my calendar, in pencil.

Ghost
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Tentatively, yes

Yes.

On my calendar, in pencil.

Cool, glad some CSCers are going, I know of one other who's offered to show me some better lines as well. :D

I'm not sure I can swing it, but I definitely would Like to do it.

I'd also need truck/trailer space, but I'll worry about that in a bit...

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I am looking at this too, we need to do a lapper card for this, but I can't really front up the $ this time so it would need to be someone else or I can take paypal (free) or credit cards w/ additional fee.

rybo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:20 PM
bueller -

Send me your paypal addy, I'm in for a full day

Reyven
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I won a free half day at bike night :D

Don't hate :P

ian22
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Bueller...I'm in for a half day - I can pay you via paypal or at the track, whichever you prefer. I prefer to wait until the day is almost upon me just in case I have to cancel for whatever reason (like if I have to work and can't take the day off, or if I'm sick or something). Dealing with trying to get a refund might be a pita.

trinitypowder
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Let's hope and pray for some GOOD weather:eyebrows:

Ghost
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I am looking at this too, we need to do a lapper card for this, but I can't really front up the $ this time so it would need to be someone else or I can take paypal (free) or credit cards w/ additional fee.

So, how do the lapping cards work if some people want a Full Day and some want a Half Day?

2011 Season Lapping Day cards are now available! Whether you are looking for the perfect gift for that special someone who has a "need for speed" or simply want to save a few dollars while exploring your limits in a safe (and LEGAL!) environment, High Plains Raceway has a Lapping Day Card option that's just right for you! Packages below start at a savings of 10%, all the way up to getting TWO FULL DAYS FOR FREE!*
Lapping Day Cards are fully transferrable. Share a card with a friend! Sell or give away your unused punches!
Lapping Day Card Options:

Three (3) Half Days of Lapping - $243.00
Three (3) Full Days of Lapping - $405.00
Six (6) Half Days of Lapping - $475.00
Six (6) Full Days of Lapping - $792.00
Four (4) Full Days AND Four (4) Half Days - $825.00
Twelve (12) Half Days - $900.00 (That's two Half Days for FREE!)
Twelve (12) Full Days - $1500.00 (That's two Full Days for FREE!)

To pay via PAYPAL account or credit card please choose your desired option below and click "BUY NOW". Cards paid for during the "Summer" season (April 1 - October 31) will be held at the track for pick up unless otherwise specified. Cards paid for during the "Winter" season will be mailed automatically. Please be sure to provide a valid mailing address. (Note: When you select "Pay Now" below, you will be taken to a secure PayPal webpage to complete your payment. You do not need a PayPal account in order to pay. Just read the less obvious directions on the Paypal login page to pay with your credit card rather than logging in to or creating a PayPal account.)

Please DO NOT pay for a Lapping Day Card via PayPal on the day of the event. Lapping Day Cards must be purchased prior to midnight of the night before the event. Lapping Day Cards cannot be purchased at the track. On the day of the event you will need to pay for a single session at the track.

A Full Day is normally $150/$135 on the Card, a Half Day is $90/$81 on the card, but if you Group-Buy a bunch of Half Days, then doing a Full Day from 2 half-day cards would actually cost you more ($162)....

Ghost
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Bueller...I'm in for a half day - I can pay you via paypal or at the track, whichever you prefer. I prefer to wait until the day is almost upon me just in case I have to cancel for whatever reason (like if I have to work and can't take the day off, or if I'm sick or something). Dealing with trying to get a refund might be a pita.

Lapping Day Card Policy says NO Refunds, just Credit to another day.

Let's hope and pray for some GOOD weather:eyebrows:

Yeah, if it's like today that'd really blow...unless you have rain tires and heated underoos....

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Usually we do half day card. There is an option for 4 half days and 4 full days. If there were 3 more that wanted a full day we can figure out the percentage of savings over all and apply it across the board. IIRC it is like 14%

rybo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 04:16 PM
If I'm taking a day off of work, then I'm planning on riding as much as possible.

I can fend for myself - no problem. If there is a way to save money, then I'm all for it, but I don't want to screw up others plans.

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Let's see how it pans out. There are usually others that want full days too.

$130 full day
$77 half day

rybo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Super -

I'm in for a full day. If you want me to paypal you now I will.

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 04:57 PM
We'll get 'er worked out here soon, let's give it a week or so to see who is interested. I will start a separate thread for this in a few.

trinitypowder
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Nice work gentlemen. Spread the word and keep the track BUSY:applause:

garyC
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I am in for a full day. Also willing to go in on a spot under the carport.

-- Gary

Slo
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I've got something started on facebook for now, when we get more commitments, lets start a new thread with details.

I will bring a small barbeque out, but we will need at least a couple others to do the same, so we can get our grub on while not on the track.....
FACEBOOK EVENT LINK (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=255562024475409#!/event.php?eid=255562024475409)

Reyven
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I am in for a full day. Also willing to go in on a spot under the carport.

-- Gary

If we are talking shade only, I would be willing to go in as well.

OUTLAWD
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 11:08 AM
the bike is back to street trim...but I may be down for this

ian22
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 11:56 AM
77 for a half day is an incredible deal...i can paypal you the money as soon as you're ready. Just pm me your paypal id.

Bueller
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 12:05 PM
77 for a half day is an incredible deal...i can paypal you the money as soon as you're ready. Just pm me your paypal id.
I started a thread HERE (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42386) and you are on the list, give it a few days and we'll see where the list goes and then I will PM everyone the addy and we can go from there.

ian22
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Great! Thanks for setting that up for us, Bueller.

garyC
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Reyven,

I am only interested in shade. I would like to bring my dog along, since the cooler temps.

-- Gary

Reyven
Fri Sep 16th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Reyven,

I am only interested in shade. I would like to bring my dog along, since the cooler temps.

-- Gary

Should work out good. So far, there are 3 of us then for shade only. What kind of dog?!? I'm only doing a half day, so I may need the extra entertainment!