PDA

View Full Version : Chicane . . . JUST DO IT!

50sGrl
Sat Aug 27th, 2011, 05:12 PM
It looks like attendance at the next Chicane on Sept. 5 is quite low compared to the earlier one, to the point of being "financially painful" to put on. If you're sitting on the fence about this, SIGN UP and GO! It's a terrific opportunity to learn how to handle yourself and your bike at speed in the turns under the tutelage of some very experienced, knowledgeable riders. Invaluable, even if you never plan to ride the track. So do yourself this favor as well as support Rybo in his efforts to offer this great opportunity. It's not too late to sign up.

chronicboy
Sat Aug 27th, 2011, 07:36 PM
i am going, just have to wait till monday to register

Cap'n Crunch
Sat Aug 27th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I agree... I've gone the the past two Chicane Track Days and had an awesome time. For those that have never been on a track, you really are missing an opportunity to use your bike the way it was intended. And don't worry, your not going to get run over by all the fast guy's - they break the track time into groups and you can ride with the slower group with instructors to get your feet wet.

Unfortunately I can't make this one. This economy is really kicking my butt and has killed some of the disposible cash I used to have. I'm thinking a lot of people are in the same boat as me and that is why registration is down.

Ol'Skool
Sun Aug 28th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Im in the same boat as cap'n. I would love to do a track day but dont have leathers and disposible income is low. Its definetly on my "to do" list though. have fun to all those going.

Ghost
Sun Aug 28th, 2011, 01:52 PM
If I'm still here, and if I have my bike back, and if I find the funds, then I'm in...

Last Chicane was fun, and this time I'll try to be more social instead of just collapsing under the EZ Up after every session because the heat was kicking my ass...

50sGrl
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:18 AM
bump

Sean
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I've ridden a bunch of Chicane days (even before it was Chicane) AND I've corner worked for a bunch of Chicane days. I can say, hands down, it is the most fun you will have with your pants on.

Not only will you have fun the day of, it will improve your street riding abilities immensely. You can get one on one coaching from some of the top MRA guys almost all day long. And if you've ever wanted to "test the waters" and try your first track day, there is no other trackday company that is this low stress.

There's a reason that so many people come back to Chicane days, because it's the best run trackday this side of Kathmandu.

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:09 AM
bump

ahem...maybe convice your offspring to taste the koolaid...:lol:

chronicboy
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 06:07 PM
wa-hoo, i'm there!

50sGrl
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:23 PM
ahem...maybe convice your offspring to taste the koolaid...:lol:

:wait: Wait . . . when was the last time one of your parental units was able to convince YOU to do anything?? ;-)