PDA

View Full Version : Death to soccer moms in minivans

stitch
Sun Aug 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
<Rant>
Was on my way to the aquarium today (I volunteer as a diver there). Turning left into the parking lot I was waiting for traffic to open up in the center of the intersection. I see an opening and start my turn. This cunt in a minivan comes flying around me on the right and cuts me off into the parking lot on the left. I wasn't going that fast but still nearly did an endo over the front of my bike locking up my brakes in the turn. I nearly went down but managed to catch my bike before it could go over.

No harm done to my bike but could not imagine someone doing something that stupid intentionally what with a bright yellow bike in the center of a intersection (well I could but it was a nice day so I wanted to give her the benefit of doubt). I roll up to her in the parking lot. I break her window with my fist drag her out through the broken glass of said window and beat her to a senseless bloody mess (in my head of course).

In real life, I motion for her to roll down her window. And I say to her in as nice a voice as I can "Excuse me mam but I am not sure if you noticed but you cut me off in the intersection over there and nearly caused me to crash". Her response was to roll up her window as quick as she can and she peels off from the parking lot. I park my bike and head in for my shift. I manage to see her walking into the restaurant and go grab the general manager, explain the situation to him and ask him to just politely suggest she keep a eye out for motorcyclists. So apparently she blows our GM off as well. Not sure how she did that when she was sitting in the restaurant but he said she clearly didn't want to talk with him either and there wasn't much he could do about it. "The guest come first". I stayed away so she didn't feel "threatend" so I didn't see how this went down.

Then while I am doing the dive show feeding she and her brood come up to the window to get a picture taken with me. Unbelievable....
I so wanted to flick the bird or push my naked ass against the window. But I relented and just let them get their picture.

If you see a blue minivan with Montana license plate driven by a blonde woman with glasses please feel free to remove this one from the gene pool .
</rant>

mdub
Sun Aug 28th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I bet it would of been different if you did wreck. But you were a better person in keepin ur cool. People like that are usually miserable in their senseless life.

modette99
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Saturday I took the wife int he Jeep up to Gold Camp Rd and did some Jeep trails. At least 3 very bad drivers. First one was as we were getting onto I25 south from Baptist Rd a chick in the left-left turn lane decided without blinker or anything as she made the left turn to come into my lane...nice having the Hemi I punched it and went right, right around her as I go around I look over and she is holding a large McDonalds soda in her hand and giving me a nasty look...I moved back over in front of her with no blinker either. Never saw her again...another slow ass on I25 I guess.

Then we get down closer to US24, but still on I25 in Springs and there is a car all over the road. I mean she would ride the shoulder, ride in between lanes. We debated whether to call cops...but I already did my good deed 3-4 weeks back in doing that on an old lady. Girl finally moves to the right and I get around, I look over and it looks to be a young chick with big huge sunglasses driving with her face pressed up against the windshield. I'm going to assume hungover badly. I watched her in my mirror and she was all over that road. Pretty damn scary.

So we go up Old Stage & Gold Camp do our 4x4'ing. Have a good time, I am impressed people pulling over and letting me by...doe snot typically happen. I even let a few people around me which I typically regret but nope they did not slow down or do anything stupid. I even let a group of Trial riders around on FR379, they yelled THANKS, a guy in a truck yelled THANKS.

So we are heading home, Take 21st street to US24 is the plan. While on 21st this mini-van turns out. Is doing 15mph, and swerving all over the roadway. I find a spot just before US24 and I pass him and then move back to the right to make my turn onto US24. I get onto US24 and the traffic is nuts already. Well here comes that mini-van in the right lane, by the way looked to be a very old sickly dude (Kansas plates). He is riding the shoulder, and going back and forth across the lines non stop. He is not on the phone, not fiddling with anything that I could see....just driving like SHIT. This dude then without warning, blinker or reason goes from the right shoulder cuts in front of the vehicle in front of me and brakes. I then get to watch this dude up there doing the same thing swerving all over the place. Thank God he decided to turn left just before I25, which he also did very poorly. He rode the right white line down the center of his vehicle to the left turn light. The traffic in front of him made the left turn but because he is in lala land he takes too long. But I swore he almost decided to run over the curbed median on the left, we swerved right over to it within inches...then pulls way out in the intersection as if he was going to go in front of all this traffic. I grinched as motorcycles went the other way I for sure thought I would see him pull in front of them.

So many bad drivers out there, clueless to the world around them, and clueless about their driving.

Because I don't think I shared it with any of you here is my old lady encounter. Monument police thanked me, took her license away which she said 2 years ago she had it taken and retested. They called her sister to come get her too.

http://youtu.be/imXhLrEldzE

Sarge
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Modette, I went up there Sunday with the wife and kid in my new Jeep with the Hemi. ;) I kept getting stuck behind minivans and whatnot, but the worst was a line of 3 jeeps, 2 of them Wranglers that where doing a whole 5-10 MPH, and refused to pull over. When it was clear I was moving my GC upwards of 40 MPH and hauling it. It's no fun if you don't get dirty. ;)

PunyJuney
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:40 AM
stitch, it would have been great if you turned to one side and folded into your riding position with your arms out as if you were holding your handle bars and leaned into the glass.

modette99
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Modette, I went up there Sunday with the wife and kid in my new Jeep with the Hemi. ;) I kept getting stuck behind minivans and whatnot, but the worst was a line of 3 jeeps, 2 of them Wranglers that where doing a whole 5-10 MPH, and refused to pull over. When it was clear I was moving my GC upwards of 40 MPH and hauling it. It's no fun if you don't get dirty. ;)

I hope your not doing 40mph through the tight spots of Gold Camp...LOL Maybe the luck of the draw, but yeah every vehicle pulled over for me.

The bro said a co-worker of his had an incident on Gold Camp/Old Stage Rd. Dude in front stopped his car, got out and started to yell...did not like the fact the guy caught up to him. Dude was drunk, said he wanted to fight, also thought that bro's co-worker had a wrench behind his back (nope its a gun) dude goes to his car saying he will get a hammer and the bros co-worker says that be a mistake because you be bringing a hammer to a gun fight and that you need to get into your vehicle and continue to drive...the dude did just that. Yep, there are nuts out there that is for sure.

mastap07
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:46 AM
all them moms in the soccer vans are no joke! i know i have been cut off, passed and gotten tailgated not only in my cage but as well as on the R1... b*tches are crazy in those things!