PDA

View Full Version : Well... it's not exactly free steak, but it's free...

salsashark
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:00 AM
http://www.chick-fil-aforbreakfast.com/Start

Free breakfast item at Chick-fil-a...

modette99
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I got to say Chick-filet is one of the best fast food joints around. I think it was only last year that I went there for my first time (N Academy). Manager was ringing me up, he asked if I had been before. I said NO, he asked where I was from, I said lived in Colorado since 2007. He seemed shocked I had not been to a chick-filet. I said well we eat out a lot but just never had any interest in trying it but have family in town and they wanted to try it. He finishes ringing me up and tells me he will bring out the tray when its ready. Okay I go have a seat, a few minutes later here he comes. He sets the tray down and then pulls out the money I paid him and hands it back to me and says "I would never charge someone for their first time eating here".

Well it worked, We go 2-3 times a months so I'm sure they made their money back by now. I never had a fast food joint do that, nor really care about the customer.

I'll go as long as the customer service stays UP, if that ever drops I'll leave as quickly as I started going.

~Barn~
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:21 AM
<Snip...>I'll go as long as the customer service stays UP, if that ever drops I'll leave as quickly as I started going.

So you're saying it'll take 3 years to stop going?

:D

~Barn~
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Oh yeah. Chick-Fil-A FTW. :yumyum:

Sean
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I give the people of the CSC a free steak and you give them a processed, fast food breakfast sandwich?

Sean > Salsa

salsashark
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I give the people of the CSC a free steak and you give them a processed, fast food breakfast sandwich?

Sean > Salsa

Those who want it, will take it. Those who don't, wont...

Either way, I don't really care.

and until Sean is cooking said steaks, you have given nothing.

Oh... and if you've seen the amount of butter and salt put on to Outback's steaks... In the end, there isn't much of a difference. :lol:

longrider
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I guess its popular:

We apologize, but we are experiencing momentary difficulty with the FREE Breakfast Entrée reservation system. Please check back soon or follow us on Twitter (@cfareservations) for updates.

I will still go there, Chick-fil-a is at the top of my list of fast food places

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I don't know if it's a corporate policy but the one by my house is closed on Sunday's... which is the day I crave chicken for some odd reason... so KFC keeps getting the sale...

longrider
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I don't know if it's a corporate policy but the one by my house is closed on Sunday's... which is the day I crave chicken for some odd reason... so KFC keeps getting the sale...

That is a corporate policy, all Chick-fil-a are closed on Sunday. Not really stated as a religious thing, just that everybody should have a day to spend with their family

Sean
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:53 AM
and until Sean is cooking said steaks, you have given nothing.

Oh... and if you've seen the amount of butter and salt put on to Outback's steaks... In the end, there isn't much of a difference. :lol:Don't be jealousy, it's hard to compete with my awesomeness. You're doing good, just keep trying. :hibye:

modette99
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:17 AM
That is a corporate policy, all Chick-fil-a are closed on Sunday. Not really stated as a religious thing, just that everybody should have a day to spend with their family

And too bad not more companies do this in the U.S.

Ricky
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I'm mad at them because they ditched their spicy nuggets. They were the bomb.

rforsythe
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:42 AM
"Why would I want to blow up the Chic-Fil-A? It's fuckin delicious!"

Ricky
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:42 AM

They say it's not for religious reasons, but it is. It's a company started by Mormons, in Utah. EVERYTHING is closed on Sunday in Utah, especially Salt Lake City.

rforsythe
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:44 AM
They say it's not for religious reasons, but it is. It's a company started by Mormons, in Utah. EVERYTHING is closed on Sunday in Utah, especially Salt Lake City.

They have started relaxing that rule recently, after the economic realities of shutting down a city for a day started to hit them harder. Guess finances overrule religious beliefs after all.

Ghost
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Guess finances overrule religious beliefs after all.

Surprised?

Sean
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Money is the only church you need.

rforsythe
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Surprised?

No, I guess the satirical tone didn't convey properly. :)

Ghost
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Money is the only church you need.

http://blackchristiannews.com/news/church-money.jpg

No, I guess the satirical tone didn't convey properly. :)

Lol, no worries, neither did mine. ;)

I should've just posted:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW6w5Vfmajpx_4KsNHYvhB9a8XZU-WBQ19f6tppdAFi6AuFsS_

:p

Ricky
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 11:18 AM
They have started relaxing that rule recently, after the economic realities of shutting down a city for a day started to hit them harder. Guess finances overrule religious beliefs after all.

Wow, that's a new one. I'm not surprised though. Those Mormons aren't dumb :lol:

brennahm
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM

Truett is indeed religious, but to be accurate he's an evangelist of the southern persuasion. He is neither Mormon nor did he start the company in Utah, that's urban legend.

Darth Do'Urden
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Truett is indeed religious, but to be accurate he's an evangelist of the southern persuasion. He is neither Mormon nor did he start the company in Utah, that's urban legend.

Glad someone pointed this out. Not Mormon, but Christian. And that is indeed why they're closed on Sundays.

I think it's good, but I also think it's fairly overpriced for what ya get. I've never understood why a place that specializes in a single food item charges more for that item than other places that DON'T specialize in the same item.

jbnwc
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:04 PM

That's correct, I've read his book and I'm close personal friends with the Southlands Chick-fil-a owner who in turn is friends with Truett Cathy, the owner of all Chick-fil-a(it's not a public company). It's based out of Atlanta and the Cathy's are Christian, not Mormon - not sure where that myth came from. Truett is apparently about the coolest guy ever, and keeps a bunch of Bobcats and land moving equipment on his property and has people over just to "play in the dirt" - and he's like 80-something!

And they will NEVER be open on a Sunday. It's their policy to shut down any restaurant Monday morning if they are open for business on a Sunday(individual owners have a large degree of control over how each restaurant runs). If you want to see the best one in CO, go to Southlands just off Smoky Hill and 470. They do not operate based on the need for money and even being closed Sunday they still do tremendously well since they do everything else so well.

BTW, Chick-fil-a > Outback any day of the week. I dare you to take a tour of the kitchen of each restaurant and see if you disagree. Yes, you can get tours of Chick-fil-a kitchens, just talk to the owner. And no, it is not "processed" food - the chicken comes in whole and fresh each morning and is cut and prepped in each restaurant each day.

jbnwc
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Oh noes!! Website problems!!!

ps. - Those coupons you get in the mail NEVER expire and can be used at any location, despite what is printed on them. Individual restaurant owners("operators") have control over their own marketing campaigns.

jbnwc
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:12 PM
You should be able to get a free copy of Truett Cathy's book at any CFA. He is an amazing person and I highly recommend it.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:17 PM
And too bad not more companies do this in the U.S.

I don't know about you but the place I work is closed Saturday and Sunday.

Ghost
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:34 PM

Blasphemy! Next you'll want a four-day work week!

salsashark
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 01:16 PM

While I may not be here on weekends, my work location is 24X7... It never closes.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM

Not a Mormon owed or started company and the the reason they are closed on Sundays is because they believe you should have a least one day with your family.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 02:54 PM
While I may not be here on weekends, my work location is 24X7... It never closes.

I'm part of a 12 employee(and me the intern) audio electronics R&D group in Boulder. The main location and factory in Costa Mesa, CA (600 employees) is running two of three shifts and some weekends but not all.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Not a Mormon owed or started company and the the reason they are closed on Sundays is because they believe you should have a least one day with your family.

What if their spouse works on Sunday? And their kids are away at summer camp? Or they are religious on a different day?

bulldog
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 02:58 PM
All I know is I must always want Chic-fil-a on damn Sundays. I do wish they were open 247!

Scatterbrain
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Dude i love chick-fil-a, they got some damn good sandwiches. Especially the #6 spicy chicken sandwich.

Ghost
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Damnit...now I want CFA...

modette99
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:06 PM

I don't work :-P

But the wives place is open 24/7. Most businesses now a days are 24/7 operations, most are related to retail. Even in manufacturing if the place is doing well it is 24/7.

Plus a lot of people are tied to their phones and laptops 24/7.

Maybe I like the idea of mandatory closures for businesses to give employees time off. This expectation of needing people 24/7 is a little nuts, and has gotten out of control. Just my .02

brennahm
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:07 PM
^My girlfriend is the same way. She hates fast food but every once in a while she gets an urge for Chick-Fil-A...but always on a Sunday.

modette99
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Dude i love chick-fil-a, they got some damn good sandwiches. Especially the #6 spicy chicken sandwich.

That is what I get :)

modette99
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:09 PM
^My girlfriend is the same way. She hates fast food but every once in a while she gets an urge for Chick-Fil-A...but always on a Sunday.

Yep we have wanted to go on a Sunday a few times and been like damn they are closed. Oh well off to _______ for whatever it is. So they do loose business but it is nice they are not really greedy and stay open everyday. True they could make $$$$$ being open Sundays but do they NEED to is the question!!! Obviously they don't need to.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:21 PM
What if their spouse works on Sunday? And their kids are away at summer camp? Or they are religious on a different day?

Well then my friend you are living in 2011. It is nice to see at least one company have a moral foundation that revolves around its people and their familys.

Ghost
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM

Then they're all probably going to Hell, and definitely don't deserve wholesome Christian food on the Sabbath.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Then they're all probably going to Hell, and definitely don't deserve wholesome Christian food on the Sabbath.

:fire: :hibye:

Ezzzzy1
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:30 PM

Lol... Id bet ultimately chick-fil-a is a product of the devil. They had to shut him down because too many people were eating chicken and not going to church. :fire:

That devil guy is one tricky dude...

rforsythe
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I don't go to church either way, I'd rather have the chicken. :(

Ghost
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I don't go to church either way, I'd rather have the chicken. :(

Sinner

modette99
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 05:52 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__ZC6F3SCITU/THq24QuRAHI/AAAAAAAADKg/usOxfdm3EPM/s1600/Brian+stoning.bmp

derekm
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:57 PM
i heart chikfla for b fast!

rforsythe
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Sinner

Maybe, but I'm a well-fed heathen. :fire:

Zenshu
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I used to only eat Chik-Fil-A but I will have to cram it down between now and October since they are stopping their Military and Law Enforcement discount in October and then it will no longer be worth the drive AND the cost to go there for lunch.

salsashark
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 08:34 AM
They're baaaaack

http://cryjack.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/poltergeist.jpg

http://www.chick-fil-aforbreakfast.com/denver/

Ghosty
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Santorum wants to make Chik-Fil-A the official caterer at the WhiteHouse. :D

I don't mind Chick, but I think they're menu is just way to limited/boring. They're good at what they do, I guess, a bun with a fried piece of chicken and a little mayo and a pickle, lol! Waffle fries are kinda good though.

And YES to their awesome friendly service. Love the people that work there, and they actually get your order right and are so polite. Sometimes I'd like to shove McDs/Wendys/TacoBell/BK/etc. workers through a brick wall. If they don't fuck up your drivethru order somehow, they forget the straw and/or napkins! Never fails.

KFC (original recipe) is the best fastfood fried chicken, imo...

*devilsadvocate/flamesuit*

modette99
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Oh noes!! Website problems!!!

ps. - Those coupons you get in the mail NEVER expire and can be used at any location, despite what is printed on them. Individual restaurant owners("operators") have control over their own marketing campaigns.

Yep, that is what the one we go to said, the coupon never expires. Nor if you have a reservation for a free something, and end up not making it you can still get it a week later...they are cool like that.

modette99
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
And YES to their awesome friendly service. Love the people that work there, and they actually get your order right and are so polite. Sometimes I'd like to shove McDs/Wendys/TacoBell/BK/etc. workers through a brick wall. If they don't fuck up your drivethru order somehow, they forget the straw and/or napkins! Never fails.

KFC (original recipe) is the best fastfood fried chicken, imo...

*devilsadvocate/flamesuit*

Yep, the OTHER fast food places are a joke. I hate to judge people but at other fast food joints what's with the people working looking like trailer trash, event he High Schoolers just look like trashy people. I got to say at Chick-fil-a they actually look to be what I would call a better class of person. Maybe it's just they don't wear the McDonald black pants down to their knees like those kids do.

grim
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 09:21 AM
CHIK-FIL A IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time i go to the springs or Pueblo if i am coming back that day i intentionally time it just right to where when im headed back i can hit the Chik-fil a in Castle rock and get my lunch on the company card. Chicken strips are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghosty
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah, Chick employees (although looking even younger than the usual fastfood workers, heh), are very hometownie feeling. Culvers (in Thornton) is another one with super-friendly very polite non-ghetto looking employees who are always on the ball. Too bad Chick & Culvers are the exception.

Snowman
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Since when have Mormons not been Christian?

Nick_Ninja
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM

Since Joseph Smith got his a$$ run out of Missouri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Mormon_War) in 1838.

Ghosty
Wed Mar 7th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I've always classified most denominations under the blanket "Christian" religion, including:

Catholic, Mormon, BornAgain, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Protestant, Evangelical, Jehova's Witness, etc. Even though I know there are a lot of technical differences in practice.

Darth Do'Urden
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 07:07 AM

Since they decided to add to the Bible their own weirdology that doesn't at all line up with the Bible. They use the Bible proper to disguise their true agenda: getting the Book of Mormon into your hands, and thus their weirdology.

Snowman
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Since they decided to add to the Bible their own weirdology that doesn't at all line up with the Bible. They use the Bible proper to disguise their true agenda: getting the Book of Mormon into your hands, and thus their weirdology.And this is any different from the Council of Nicaea how?

If Mormons believe they are Christian then by the same belief as any other person that calls themselves Christian, they are.

grim
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Dammit you fuggers you turned a thread about a delicious chicken sandwich into a Religious thread that will now be turned into a flame war.

:applause:

Snowman
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Burn, baby burn... :)

Ezzzzy1
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Chick Fil-A is not a Mormon company :no:

salsashark
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Chick Fil-A is not a Mormon company :no:

How dare you let the truth get in the way...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LVcTzrSz7kY/TpemX0gNqzI/AAAAAAAAEHE/YLsu5ms8iIQ/s1600/Montypython2.jpg

seriously people... it's a piece of chicken... get over it.