PDA

View Full Version : DVD+RW player

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Just picked up a Toshiba DVD+RW at Best Buy last night for about $120. Refused to pay $15/mo for a DVR box from Comcast, so I bought one. Now, I'll be recording all the MotoGP, WSB, and F1 races. I'll see how the Indy races turn out as I set it to record them today. It worked great last night. I decided to buy the DVD instead of a VHS because of the cost and availability of tapes vs DVD+R's, and I can now keep all the races forever for cheap.

Of note, I believe this player will ONLY work with cable, not satellite. Yet another reason to use cable vs. a dish.

Will post up later about the player.

Sean
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I just bought a fish taco.

Wait, is this thread about stuff we recently bought?

I decided to buy the DVD instead of a VHS because of the cost and availability of tapes vs DVD+R'sAnother good reason, would be due to the fact that VHS became obsolete fifteen years ago. I say good choice! :up:

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Or just download them, so you don't have to worry about making sure it's set to record at the right time. AND, it's free.

Ted
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Or just get a MotoGP.com subscription....... well, lots of options ! I don't know if WSBK has something similar!

rforsythe
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Another good reason, would be due to the fact that VHS became obsolete fifteen years ago. I say good choice! :up:

Don't knock it dude, he just learned how to set the clock on the fuckin thing. Besides, he's still watching his taped episodes of Who's The Boss?. Is it live, or is it Memorex?

grim
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I just bought a fish taco.

Wait, is this thread about stuff we recently bought?

Was it from Wahoos?

Sean
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Don't knock it dude, he just learned how to set the clock on the fuckin thing. Besides, he's still watching his taped episodes of Who's The Boss?. Is it live, or is it Memorex?Think they looked at him funny when he asked for a new betamax player and season 3 of Dukes of Hazard? :dunno:

Was it from Wahoos?No, I wish! Just crappy cafeteria food.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hell Ralphie, I was probably using a PC full-time before you were (and especially most of the kids here), like, mid - '86? So, I think I got the clock thing down by now. ;)

Anyways, it seems to work great. I didn't want to pay for a "service", and then you can't keep the recordings anyways on the typical DVR, so this works great. I'm going to burn copies of ALL the MotoGP and Moto2, and F1 races, and I can share them with friends. Unfortunately the friend I really had in mind to share these with, died a few weks ago and he never got the chance to watch any of the races....... :(

Highly recommended unit though.