PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Video:

Aaron
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 03:49 PM
Perfect song, perfect flight, perfect editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k&sns=fb

Ghost
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 03:53 PM
Repost

Aaron
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 04:05 PM
Oops. I tried to delete the tread, but I don't think I can.

Clovis
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 04:20 PM
That's new for me. Thanks for sharing.

mdub
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 04:31 PM
that was a great find. had to watch x2. thanks for sharing.

usmcab35
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM
great vid! thanks for sharing

rfranks303
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 07:54 PM
That's effin awsome

Aaron
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 08:01 PM
HA! Just because Ghost spends all day on CSC and reads every post doesn't mean we all do!

Ghost
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 08:17 PM
HA! Just because Ghost spends all day on CSC and reads every post doesn't mean we all do!

Slacker.

tecknojoe
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 08:58 PM
Jesus

WolFeYeZ
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:18 PM
Repost

Proof of this? Cuz I remember seeing another flight in the same area, but I don't remember this specific video :D

:multi:

Ezzzzy1
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:30 PM
Um... Yeh... Fuck bumping this video, I am reposting this once a week for the next year! PRETTY SICK

MilkMan
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:34 PM
Thats just insane! He cleared that patch in the middle by the guy with the balloons by just feet... Cool vid but seems like a good way to get killed if even the most minor detail went wrong..!
-Mick-

SouthPaw
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:50 PM
One of these days..... lol

tecknojoe
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 07:27 AM
I saw an ESPN interview of him last year. Supposedly he does have a death wish, one of those people that just doesn't care if he lives. He was talking about some stunt he's trying to do where he jumps out of a plane without a chute, and flies into a big nylon ramp to slow himself down. Don't think anyone's fronting the money to watch him kill himself though

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 07:57 AM
that was pretty awesome. the song was a perfect match for the video. also had to watch 2x.

Ricky
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 09:44 AM
Amazing. I'm glad there are people out there who aren't afraid to die, and don't live their lives like everything in the world is going to kill them. Death wish or not, I bet you the guy doesn't suffer from depression.

Ghost
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Proof of this? Cuz I remember seeing another flight in the same area, but I don't remember this specific video :D

:multi:

Your memory is Fail.

Here's another squirrel suit video: http://youtu.be/TWfph3iNC-k

Ghost
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 10:46 AM
Thats just insane! ....Cool vid but seems like a good way to get killed if even the most minor detail went wrong..!
-Mick-

How is this different than anything we do?

Maybe you don't notice because we're accustomed to it, but there's plenty of opportunity for any of us to get killed if even a minor detail goes wrong when we ride...hell, this summer the headlines have been nonstop with rider casualties.

He even admits he "came extremely close on that one", so I think he's well aware of the danger--just like when we catch and recover a near-highside or a massive tank-slapper, or even when a car nearly takes us out making a u-turn in front of us without any prior indication (true story).

So, I think he's a thrill/adrenaline junkie, but most people on here are as well. And, if I had his life, I'd be out doing that as well...risk is risk, it's how you manage it, not how you avoid it.

I saw an ESPN interview of him last year. Supposedly he does have a death wish, one of those people that just doesn't care if he lives. He was talking about some stunt he's trying to do where he jumps out of a plane without a chute, and flies into a big nylon ramp to slow himself down. Don't think anyone's fronting the money to watch him kill himself though

Pastrana jumped out of a plane without a chute, and, again, I don't think they don't care about living, I just think that living on the edge is it's own reward for people who really crave adrenaline.

Gotta think about it this way, if they're dead then they can't do this kinda shit, since they love this kinda shit they must want to keep doing it, therefore, they don't want to die any more than anyone else does since they want to keep doing what they love...

Again, their tolerance and desire for risk are higher than your average person's, but I don't think they're suicidal or unaware of the risks or the dangers. They may accept them, but they're not dispassionate about living or else they wouldn't want to feel that surge of life things like this give you.

my 2c.

Amazing. I'm glad there are people out there who aren't afraid to die, and don't live their lives like everything in the world is going to kill them. Death wish or not, I bet you the guy doesn't suffer from depression.

I bet he's depressed when he can't fly. ;)

tecknojoe
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 10:48 AM
I think in his interview he was actually thinking of suicide and shiz. He's got some issues for sure (outside of base jumping).

pastrana jumped with no chute but grabbed one from his buddy mid flight. This dude wants to do it without ever grabbing a chute

grim
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 10:59 AM
How is this different than anything we do?

Maybe you don't notice because we're accustomed to it, but there's plenty of opportunity for any of us to get killed if even a minor detail goes wrong when we ride...hell, this summer the headlines have been nonstop with rider casualties.

He even admits he "came extremely close on that one", so I think he's well aware of the danger--just like when we catch and recover a near-highside or a massive tank-slapper, or even when a car nearly takes us out making a u-turn in front of us without any prior indication (true story).

)

Ghost allow me to be the asshole that points out the major flaw in your statement here:

The word "we're" needs to be replaced with "YOU GUYS" because you see the word "we'ere" implies that YOU as well, and in which case YOU have not been riding because your bike has been swallowed by the deep fiery depths of hell AKA the dealership!!

:lol: just a minor observation!

Ghost
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 11:07 AM
I think in his interview he was actually thinking of suicide and shiz. He's got some issues for sure (outside of base jumping).

pastrana jumped with no chute but grabbed one from his buddy mid flight. This dude wants to do it without ever grabbing a chute

Ah, ok, I didn't see the interview. No chute would be definitely different. I suppose he could (possibly) wingsuit onto something to absorb his impact like those fall-bags movies use...hmm, would be neat to see the attempt. ;)

Odd that if he wants to commit suicide he...hasn't...not like he doesn't have the means....

Ghost allow me to be the asshole that points out the major flaw in your statement here:

The word "we're" needs to be replaced with "YOU GUYS" because you see the word "we'ere" implies that YOU as well, and in which case YOU have not been riding because your bike has been swallowed by the deep fiery depths of hell AKA the dealership!!

:lol: just a minor observation!

Lol, perhaps true but I could still slip and fall in the shower, or die on the shitter like Elvis did. Hell, I could even drive off a cliff or walk into a train due to bike-deprivation-depression.

And, fwiw, I took the scoot out for over two hours last night, risking life and limb at speeds up to a blazing 59mph--so, clearly, death was just a twitch away at any given moment...just like that dude in the video--me & Death, dancing cheek to cheek...

...or something...

tecknojoe
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 11:18 AM
wish I could find the ESPN interview, it was pretty interesting. Someone google it, I can't do youtubz at work.

He used to host a show on discovery called "Stunt junkies" a few years back. That's a completely random fact with no context. I'm bored.

Ghost
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM
wish I could find the ESPN interview, it was pretty interesting. Someone google it, I can't do youtubz at work.

He used to host a show on discovery called "Stunt junkies" a few years back. That's a completely random fact with no context. I'm bored.

Apparently he felt suicidal at age 18, then found adrenaline filled the void in his life instead...

Found this blurb & video:
http://www.bryanhauer.com/2008/11/12/video-jeb-corliss-base-jumping-wingsuit-flying-espn-story/

http://www.bryanhauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/jeb-corliss.jpg (http://www.bryanhauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/jeb-corliss.jpg)ESPN Feature Video: Wing And A Prayer. Most base jumpers agree that it’s just a matter of time before they’re seriously injured, but some like Jeb Corliss (http://www.myspace.com/jebcorliss) wanted to die and found the sport of base jumping and wingsuit flying (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wingsuit_flying) the only reasons to live. In his case most jumpers agree that it’s only a matter of time before Jeb kills himself while others are more than willing to help him achieve his thrill seeking goals.
Is what he does selfish since he has family and risks his life whenever he jumps and continues to push the envelope or is he an athlete and it’s just a dangerous sport like any other?
Watch this amazing sport in action and learn about Jeb’s new goal of skydiving with a wingsuit and landing without a parachute.
I imagine he’ll never get the funding for his Vegas stunt as the chances of him dying are well above 50%, but then again people love seeing stuff like this so who knows.

WolFeYeZ
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 07:43 PM
Your memory is Fail.

You win! :puppy:

Ghost
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:03 PM
You win! :puppy:

A cookie?

grim
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:06 PM
A cookie?

only I hold the cookies you know this!

Ghost
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:10 PM
only I hold the cookies you know this!

True.

cbrjohnny
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:58 PM
F UU CC KK!!

mastap07
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:13 AM
thats pretty sweet. thanks for the POST for most of us lol and someone get ghost a cookie...

Ghost
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
thats pretty sweet. thanks for the POST for most of us lol and someone get ghost a cookie...

Seriously. Who do you have to kill around here to get one? :p

grim
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
Seriously. Who do you have to kill around here to get one? :p

Nobody you just have to have a motorcycle!!! OOOHHH burn....

Ghost
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Nobody you just have to have a motorcycle!!! OOOHHH burn....

I have a motorcycle...it just prefers life at the shop; it's like college, lots of other hot bikes, no owner around to check up on it...

grim
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
I have a motorcycle...it just prefers life at the shop; it's like college, lots of other hot bikes, no owner around to check up on it...

Well i promised to bring cookies on my mt evans run for everyone so if you scoot it there maybe....

tecknojoe
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1119/3165014397_e4da960a64.jpg