PDA

View Full Version : Chicane Schedule for Monday 9/5 (Labor Day)

rforsythe
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 04:01 PM
Reposting this from the June thread since Rybo's slacking. Should all be the same I think.

----------

Hi all,

So it doesn't get lost - here's the "what you need to know" for this Monday

Directions
High Plains Raceway: 93301 E Highway 36, Deertrail, Colorado 80105 map
Directions: High Plains Raceway is located on U.S. Highway 36, 17 miles east of Byers. This is 60 miles (and less than one hour) east of the I-25 & I-70 interchange, known locally as the Mousetrap. At Byers, exit I-70 (which bends to the south towards Limon) taking Highway 36 due east 17 miles. The track is on your left, with the entrance at the Easternmost side of the property.

Overnight camping IS available on Sunday night. Please stay tuned for additional details.

Schedule
Monday Sept 5th
6:00 PM - Gates Open
6:30 AM - Crew arrival time
7:00 AM - Registration and Tech Open
7:30 AM - All Riders meeting
7:45 AM - Classroom Starts for first time track riders
8:00 AM - Track goes hot (Advanced Group)
8:20 AM - Intermediate Group
8:40 AM - Beginner Group

This rotation will continue, with the advanced group from :00-:20, the intermediate group from :20-:40 and the beginner group from :40-:00 until lunch.

12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Lunch will be provided to all participants by Boulder Motor Sports.

1:00 PM - Track Hot for our afternoon sessions following the same rotation as we used in the morning.

5:00 PM - The track will go cold for the day.

Preparation
Please review the information at http://chicanetrackdays.com/how.html for preparation of your bike and equipment requirements for this event.

New Trackday Riders
If you've never been on the track before, or it's been a while, we will have a full compliment of instructors available to assist you! The classroom session for new riders will begin promptly at 7:45 AM in the HPR Classroom, with the first on track session beginning promptly at 8:40. Please come prepared, you're in for a very exciting day!

Vendors
Chicane partners with some superb vendors to make this day the best possible experience. The following vendors will be at the June 26th Event:

Tire service by Sol Performance

Photography by On The Marc Photography and WICKed Photos

Suspension Service and Tuning by STM Suspension and Dave Rose

Private Instruction
One-on-One private instruction may be available at an extra charge based on interest levels. Please contact me if your interested or for more information.

Camping
Here are the rules:

1) Please don't do anything dumb. If you think what you're about to do MIGHT be dumb, it is. Don't do that.

2) DO NOT arrive before 7:00 PM. Another group has the track rented on Sunday. The paddock is NOT AVAILABLE TO US IN ANY WAY before 7:00 PM on Sunday.

3) Please DO encourage your friends to sign up and ride with us on Monday.

4) The track itself is CLOSED. Please do not enter the track surface for any reason before we go hot on Monday.

Thank you

Questions
If you have any questions please send an e-mail to scott@chicanetrackdays.com

We look forward to seeing you all at the track!

Cornfed
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks for reposting this. I had just kinda planned on setting up camp at the gate a couple days before, IKEA style, and hoping I was the first one in!!!

BTW, I signed up for beginner, as opposed to never ever. Is the classroom instruction for anyone who wants it, is there an extra charge, is it for just the never ever.....?
Id take the extra instruction if I can get it. I figure, do what the fast guys do and you too will be fast. Or something like that.....

Slo
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM
For people camping the night before, is there a time we have to arrive AFTER? And a time to arrive BEFORE, for Sunday evening.

rybo
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 04:28 PM
For people camping the night before, is there a time we have to arrive AFTER? And a time to arrive BEFORE, for Sunday evening.

I'm still working out those details - there will be a camping thread later tonight

Thanks!

-rybo (aka - the slacker)

OUTLAWD
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 04:38 PM
Or something like that.....

or something like that...just focus on being smooth and relaxed...fast will eventually come.

and I believe instruction is available for all beginners if desired.

Bueller
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 05:52 PM
BTW, I signed up for beginner, as opposed to never ever. Is the classroom instruction for anyone who wants it, is there an extra charge, is it for just the never ever.....?
Id take the extra instruction if I can get it. I figure, do what the fast guys do and you too will be fast. Or something like that.....
Dude you are so way past this, go to intermediate and we'll run you around the track a few times and you will be fine. Beginner is going to be way too slow for you.....trust me.

Sean
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Id take the extra instruction if I can get it. I figure, do what the fast guys do and you too will be fast. Or something like that.....Is this your first time at the track? If so, you have to take the beginner course. It is the same as the never-ever and is included in the price of your trackday. The instructors will work with you for most of the morning showing you lines and techniques. It's pretty awesome.

Dude you are so way past this, go to intermediate and we'll run you around the track a few times and you will be fine. Beginner is going to be way too slow for you.....trust me.If it's his time, he has to take the class and then an instructor can bump him up to intermediate in the afternoon if they feel it's a good fit.

Rybo- sorry if I'm stepping on toes, just trying to help. If I got anything wrong, please correct me.

Ghost
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 05:58 PM
Dude you are so way past this, go to intermediate and we'll run you around the track a few times and you will be fine. Beginner is going to be way too slow for you.....trust me.

Or, if it's like past track days, you could wet your feet in Beginner then move up to Intermediate
once you're up to speed.

Bueller
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 06:08 PM
He has ridden tracks before, and even raced some, I have ridden with him @ IMI so I am aware of his riding ability. If he wants to go beginner slow then that is fine, but he will be immediately bored to tears and IMO will wish he hadn't wasted the first session. Remember it's not nice to buzz the noobs.

Reyven
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 07:56 PM
Remember it's not nice to buzz the noobs.

We get all skeerd and stuff :puppy:

Ghost
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:00 PM
He has ridden tracks before, and even raced some, I have ridden with him @ IMI so I am aware of his riding ability. If he wants to go beginner slow than that is fine, but he will be immediately bored to tears and IMO will wish he hadn't wasted the first session. Remember it's not nice to buzz the noobs.

I wasn't knocking his ability, I've ridden with him and agree he's fast and good, just meant that if he had to or he decides to do the class and the beginner training in the mourning he's not stuck there all day if it's too slow once he's got the track down.

I actually enjoyed my time following Ty Piz around, especially since I'd not been on HPR or had this bike to the track before.

Cornfed
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:19 PM
Ahhhhhh, you guys are making me blush.....

Thanks for the votes of confidence. I just know the track has always been the great lie detector. I actually had a guy come up to me at a track day and say, "Which way does the track go, and whats the lap record?" He later ran into another rider in intermediate and was soon after asked to never come back. I vowed to never have that attitude.
I do have some track experience but not this track. Im looking forward to learning from some guys who have takin some laps around HPR. Be it a bike length behind them or in the class room.

WTF ever, is it Monday yet!!!!!!!!!!

rforsythe
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:51 PM
You know what, you have an entire day to ride. If you're unsure or would like the full intro to the track because it's what you want to do, then sign up for beginner. Tell an instructor at the start that you may already be quite skilled enough to bump up right away. It's just one of many sessions on Monday, and being aware of your own mental game is something we love to see from riders. Thanks for taking the safe approach.

Interestingly, we had a guy show up at VIR (that's Virginia) for Racing 2 Save Lives one year, after driving out from Colorado. Upon arrival, he immediately asked what the lap record was as well. Within 45 minutes of being on the track he had yard-saled his bike into oblivion and almost took out another rider. We didn't even have to ask him to leave, he took care of that on his own.

Ghost
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:54 PM
^ do you know who or how many instructors are planning to be there? About the same as the first Chicane Day this year?

Cornfed
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:59 PM
I know he is not instructor but Im lookin forward to meeting up with Dave from STM. I dont have Ohlins and Traxxion in the budget yet, but Im guessing he can probably help me with my stock setup as well.

I met Applehaus at Midamerica Motorplex back home, is he an instructor out here? Will he be there?

rybo
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 09:43 PM
Guys,

I have 13 instructors lined up for this event,

Ty is one of them as is Mike - everyone I have helping on this day is a skilled rider and a good communicator ready to help others have fun at the track.

Thank you all for your support!

Scott

rybo
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 10:29 PM
Guys:

Great news! I have a long list of door prizes that we'll be giving away during the day - if you didn't have enough reason to sign up before - well, I'm not sure that I can do any more:

1) Boulder Motorsports is giving away

a) A dyno run at their shop for any bike
b) A ducati oil change for your prized italian machine

2) STM Suspension is giving away a complete valve and spring set-up for the forks on your bike - we're not just talking tuning here, we're talking high end parts professionally installed and set up for you!

3) ATS Diesel is giving away two prizes for you diesel truck owners!

each prize is your choice of

a) An engine service to include oil change and other routine maintenance
b) or a transmission service to include a fluid change

4) On the Marc Photography is giving away a photo CD of your pictures from the day's events. If you've never seen Mark and Chadwick's work, you've been missing out on some of the finest motorcycle action shots available anywhere!

5) Sol Performance is giving away a set of Dunlop Q2 Street tires to fit your motorcycle. Oscar has been making a big impression in the MRA paddock and is looking to do the same with Chicane at this trackday event.

6) Last but not least, one trackday participant who signed up early (before Aug 1) will be getting a full refund for their day as a special 'thank you' from me for registering early.

Join us, you'll have the most fun you've ever had while wearing leather, and you might get lucky too!

Scott

Reyven
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 07:08 AM
Join us, you'll have the most fun you've ever had while wearing leather, and you might get lucky too!

Scott

you must not have seen my other leathers.....

Ghost
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
you must not have seen my other leathers.....

http://www.tunerfriends.com/forums/images/smilies/set2/ttiwwop.gif

Slo
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Dont mean to get pushy...just seeing if there are updates for camping? trying to plan...

rybo
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Jay -

Since you're not being pushy, I won't be rude (but it's in the first post)

Camping
Here are the rules:

1) Please don't do anything dumb. If you think what you're about to do MIGHT be dumb, it is. Don't do that.

2) DO NOT arrive before 7:00 PM. Another group has the track rented on Sunday. The paddock is NOT AVAILABLE TO US IN ANY WAY before 7:00 PM on Sunday.

3) Please DO encourage your friends to sign up and ride with us on Monday.

4) The track itself is CLOSED. Please do not enter the track surface for any reason before we go hot on Monday.

Slo
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM
«---- slo

hcr25
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I know he is not instructor but Im lookin forward to meeting up with Dave from STM. I dont have Ohlins and Traxxion in the budget yet, but Im guessing he can probably help me with my stock setup as well.

I met Applehaus at Midamerica Motorplex back home, is he an instructor out here? Will he be there?

I will be there for sure! Dave can make your stock stuff work well and when it is in your budget he can make the good stuff work better.
mike

I have not been to MAM for awhile now but i heard its under water now.