PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

Ezzzzy1
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 06:53 PM
I have been bouncing my thoughts back and fourth for the past few days as far as what I feel about all the 9/11 10yr anniversary. Still not sure what I feel about the media feeling compelled to replay the day. It has really started today with several shows being shown tonight and I am really starting to lean towards it being a negative thing. This would have to be the hardest thing in the world to deal with if you had any connection to anyone involved in that day. It makes me wonder... Do people really want to see this or is it just going to be shoved down their throats by EVERY television channel?

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

madvlad
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 06:55 PM
I think they need to let it go and bury it under... An episode no one wants to relive.

Clovis
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 06:59 PM
It's like this every year... well, if you watch the History channel. It's a national tragedy and shouldn't be ignored but what I really hate is when 9/11 is used for political games.

Zenshu
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 07:00 PM
I had friends in both the Pentagon and The towers and while it doesn't bother me at all that it is being replayed in an emotional sense, I do feel that they need to just drop it....it happened, it sucked, move on. Emotional issues or not it's still not something I want to see take over my TV...its like if they took a week out of every TV channel to replay Hitler speeches and Nazi invasion news footage...Save historical stuff for the History Channel not every major news outlet in America.

mdub
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 07:06 PM
gotta love the fuckin media. Experts in beating a dead ho ...rse. they stretched out Irene.....

laspariahs
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 07:41 PM
gotta love the fuckin media. Experts in beating a dead ho ...rse. they stretched out Irene.....

Hey they have 24 hours a day to fill with breaking news, what do you expect?

Ezzzzy1
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
It would be like them replaying the footage from Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan every anniversary. :nuke: