PDA

View Full Version : Looking for child care providers

TheStig
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:01 PM
This is really stressful! All the centers seem to have at least some bad reviews or complaints on the state of colorados website. We are going to be needing a provider for Stella after the new year and are researching. She will be just over 1 and walking. Anyone have any recommendations? Dont want to spend a fortune but also want good care. We are in the littleton and DTC area. We arent against in home or centers, just want a good compromise between care and pricing.

grim
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:10 PM
I had one that I took my little girl to before my wife decided to take care of her it was near hampden and yosemite we paid 150 a week and she provided food I believe but you have to provide your own diapers and wipes. it was called kats corner it was a in home daycare but is fully licensed her name is Kathy number is 720-581-5778. if you want to give her a call. She did a very good job and I liked her a lot!

The GECCO
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:32 PM
A friend of mine does day care out of her home and is looking for new clients. Her name is Tina Marie Vargo, 720-435-2212. If you call, tell her Glenn referred you. She lives just north of Tower and Smokey Hill, may be too far east for you.

spideyrdr
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 08:51 AM
We take our 16 month old to the Lawton Taylor Academy which is at Holly and County Line. It's effin expensive but all the centers anywhere around us were. They have a great facility, all the girls that work there seem to be nice.

Dietrich_R1
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Have Fun....

First Day Care: Broke my daughters arm @ 8 month old & didn't tell me about it.

Second Day Care: In home daycare that used to let her sleep so much that she would wipe fecal matte around the crib.

Third Day Care: Stitches through her lip w/in the first month (I'm ok with this one). Worst is to difficult to explain... let's just say I told them next time the child (whom happened to be the son of one of the caregivers) does something I'm calling 911. They laughed at me calling 911 on a 2 year old. I smirked and said yes, it looks like I am but what I'm really doing is calling 911 on the school... Try Me!!!!! There was no laughing any more. I also said your state funded, you want me to go down that road?? Ever since then my daughter would repeat what she heard from the caregivers... "Keep Drake away from her"!!!!!

Aaaaahhh the joys of daycare!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Mel
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Not everything is a horror story...my daughter was in an in home daycare for a few months when she was little before I stayed home, and they were great (and did only infants, so they were good with little ones). When she was about 2, I felt it would be good for her to get out a bit more (instead of being with me) and found another in home with a range of ages, including a couple after-school kindergartners. While there were some things she came home with (like words and what not) which were not my favorite, overall the experience was good. In both instances it was an older couple whose children had grown and moved out and they just loved kids and being with them (vs. an in home because mom wants to be with her kids and make money with a bunch of others); I felt that there was no preferential treatment in those cases, and enjoyed the experience overall.

Honestly, think about what is important to you in terms of your child...I wanted my daughter in more of an "in home" where there were rules on where you could be, and what you could play with, etc. vs. a center where it was set up specifically for the kids; I felt that more closely mirrored how things were at home.