PDA

View Full Version : Hello September

Ghost
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Amazing how it's like a switch--remember how warm it was in the mornings just...oh...last week?

Clovis
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:11 AM
I know!! :(

It was 80 degrees on Wednesday (3 days ago).

Kind of has me worried for Durango next weekend... I don't like cold weather riding.

Ghost
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
I know!! :(

It was 80 degrees on Wednesday (3 days ago).

Kind of has me worried for Durango next weekend... I don't like cold weather riding.

Yeah, it's definitely not fun to freeze for 12hrs, mornings and mountains are going to be chilly for sure...(and by "chilly" I mean ball-freezingly cold)

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
I froze my ass off wearing mesh and summer gloves yesterday morning. Pulling out the leather and fall gloves

Darth Do'Urden
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
I've been quite comfy in the mornings, what with leather jacket, leather pants, leather gloves....

Won't be long now though and I'll have to start wearing thermal underlayers and my balaclava to work in the mornings. There's a significant temp drop as soon as I get off 470 and into Dear Creek Canyon.

I'm an all-weather rider. Had ice on my eyelashes back in February when my visor iced over...INSIDE and OUT. We'll see how well I hold up for a FULL winter season...lol.

(I really need to get heated clothing pieces.)

Ghost
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
I froze my ass off wearing mesh and summer gloves yesterday morning. Pulling out the leather and fall gloves

I've been quite comfy in the mornings, what with leather jacket, leather pants, leather gloves....

Yeah, I was just thinking that my ventilated 1pc might be chilly in the morning if I do manage to get my bike back for Chicane...

Probably is time to put away the mesh summer gear and get out the leathers, maybe even dust off the textile "winter" jacket...

I really need better/warmer gloves and pants, just can't find ones I like. I don't like gloves so thick they feel like mittens and I can't feel the bars/levers through them. But, riding in just my gauntlets gets mighty F*ing cold sometimes, and that's not ideal either...

mtnairlover
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Threw open all the doors and windows this morning and loved every cool second of it. It's still cool inside the house, too. Ahhhhh...

Of course, I too, don't like riding cold. Mostly, because of my fingers. But...throw on a pair of winter riding gloves in the morning, a couple of layers and the winter liner in the jacket and keep some sort of tie-down (my bungee) in the tank bag for later in the day when it warms up and I can shed a layer or two (roll it up and tie down with bungee) and I'm all set.

Bring on Fall! I'm ready! :D

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
About 55 when I left for work this morning, definitely chilly but not bad. We'll see how the R1 does this winter. Gotta hit up 303 for some heated grips and a leather jacket soon lol

grim
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
The wife, kid, and I decided to take a little road trip to Nederland to grab some lunch the temperature is perfect and feels great!!!

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
I'm thinking about getting some Hippo Hands this year

Ghost
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
Threw open all the doors and windows this morning and loved every cool second of it. It's still cool inside the house, too. Ahhhhh...

Bring on Fall! I'm ready! :D

I think mostly it was just the shock/abruptness of the change. I got up, expecting it to be like...I dunno, yesterday, so I put on shorts, opened the door and was like "F that" then went and put on pants and long sleeve shirt. :lol:

mdub
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Too cold too soon. But good drinking beer weather

R1-Laubinero
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
my ride to cheyene yesterday was a bit of surprise-- its was in the 40s when i go there--overall not to bad--at least it isnt a damp cold.

asp_125
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Great riding this morning. Just the hint of a chill in the air and clear blue skies. Amazingly, the front range canyons were quite free of traffic. Besides, the motor makes more power in the cool air. Woot! The best part of the riding season is upon us.

In a week or so all the kids will be in school and the Tourons will have gone home. Yay!

Here's hoping for an indian summer in Sept.

mdub
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Autumn is great riding weather. Like it when leaves are falling. And of course the temperature is perfect

Clovis
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Just wait until we're coming out of winter and somebody post up "High of 55 today, who's riding??"

Once the wind died down by lunch it became really nice - about 75 degrees outside.

Between the jacket liner and a overshirt I should be fine. Even in the summer I leave the house with a over shirt and take it off and stow once it warms up.

Ghost
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:16 PM
Great riding this morning. Just the hint of a chill in the air and clear blue skies. Amazingly, the front range canyons were quite free of traffic. Besides, the motor makes more power in the cool air. Woot! The best part of the riding season is upon us.

In a week or so all the kids will be in school and the Tourons will have gone home. Yay!

Here's hoping for an indian summer in Sept.

Yeah, but the tires grip less, so kinda a mixed blessing. ;)

Still, it will be nice to have the roads mostly to ourselves, and a nice Indian summer would be awesome!

Autumn is great riding weather. Like it when leaves are falling. And of course the temperature is perfect

Yeah, I love going into a corner that's covered in wet leaves...:bigeyes:

Just wait until we're coming out of winter and somebody post up "High of 55 today, who's riding??"

Once the wind died down by lunch it became really nice - about 75 degrees outside.

Yeah, but that's different, after weeks of freezing, 55 feels like 90.

I just rode the bike back from the shop, coolish, not too bad, kinda nice but I still prefer warmer rides.

Bueller
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
I would suggest you winterize your bike and put it away until the 90's next summer.

Clovis
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Rode? Does that mean you got your bike back?

I just rode the bike back from the shop, coolish, not too bad, kinda nice but I still prefer warmer rides.

Ghost
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:23 PM
Rode? Does that mean you got your bike back?

Yeah, going to do Chicane, F* it.

It's still throwing error codes, clear them and they come back, but I've sat out too much this summer and last to keep waiting for a solution no one has.

It mostly dies only at altitude on hot days, so hopefully HPR will be neither...

If it screws up then I'll take it back on Tuesday and they can keep building me a new bike one part at a time...:scream2:

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:51 PM

Won't be long now though and I'll have to start wearing thermal underlayers and my balaclava to work in the mornings. There's a significant temp drop as soon as I get off 470 and into Dear Creek Canyon.

I'm an all-weather rider. Had ice on my eyelashes back in February when my visor iced over...INSIDE and OUT. We'll see how well I hold up for a FULL winter season...lol.

make sure you watch the weather channel this winter too lol i remember plowing and seeing your bike out there thinkin "he must have not gotten the memo"...
on the warmer note i have some first gear heated gloves that are bad ass! they plug into the adapter on your battery, have a heat controller and everything! the coldest i have ridden in was 16 degrees on the highway and then i got into the canyon and the bike just said Lo and my hands were nice and toasty! i would strogly recommed these gloves if anyone is looking for a pair! i know Jeff (asp 125) has a shit ton o heated stuff and he can tell you what has worked best for him!

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Going home from work just now and man it is such fall weather lol..., feels nice but the temp difference its insane.

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:52 PM
im sure ill feel it at 10 tonight! i wonder if i should have worn the warmer jacket????

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
im sure ill feel it at 10 tonight! i wonder if i should have worn the warmer jacket????

oh no doubt man, I would start wearing the A-STAR jacket from this point forward.

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
oh no doubt man, I would start wearing the A-STAR jacket from this point forward.

shoot! or put the liner in the joes rocket! :D

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
I dk up to you lol, you working at the lobby or the kiosk?

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
lobby area. what chu up to?

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
lobby area. what chu up to?

Oh not much, looking on CL for a cheap winter car. Have to go to Walmart cause forgot to buy some more blood test strips... stupid diabetes crap lol

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Perfect!
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3821/00002525mv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:05 PM
As long as it runs and if it needs work I'll just do it at the shop anyways lol... I'm only going to use it during snow days and other than that the R1 comes out to play lol

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
3 tone!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2466/4010409461_a5b0b64e83.jpg

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
I dk about that one lol... too much rust bling for my like

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
this one might need to barrow a few tires off of the R1...
http://www.teamten.com/Postings/EastwardDay4/resized/Rusty%20car.jpg

(See the full-size picture) (http://www.teamten.com/Postings/EastwardDay4/Rusty%20car.jpg)

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
Wow that thing looks like something out of the zombiepocalypse lol

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
go get some blood strips would ja?

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
I will in a minute, may stop by for a diet cherry limeade too hmmmmm

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
I will in a minute, may stop by for a diet cherry limeade too hmmmmm

come on Bruce.. its time to man up! diet my ass! if you just skip the diet you dont need the strips! lol

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:29 PM
It's for my diabetes fool, not cause I like it. If I drink regular limeades it'll make my blood sugar skyrocket son lol

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
maybe that R1 will keep up then!

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:31 PM
haha all you got is torque, good luck keeping up with my on the top end lol... Plus you probably weight more than I do bruce, what you talking about? haha

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
i might be 150 with all my gear on, INCLUDING riding pants lol

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
thread jack?!?!?!
GUYWAY!

madvlad
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
haha they'll live but back in topic breafly... great weather lol

mastap07
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
great weather to go get some riding pants?!?!

Cornfed
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah, going to do Chicane, F* it.

It's still throwing error codes, clear them and they come back, but I've sat out too much this summer and last to keep waiting for a solution no one has.

It mostly dies only at altitude on hot days, so hopefully HPR will be neither...

If it screws up then I'll take it back on Tuesday and they can keep building me a new bike one part at a time...:scream2:

See ya Monday!!! :rock::yay::bananna::headbang::applause:

Ghost
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
See ya Monday!!! :rock::yay::bananna::headbang::applause:

Yep. Should be good (assuming bike wants to play nice) :D