PDA

View Full Version : Supertune

Jmetz
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
Took the 748 in for the 12k service. Mike hooked it up! Feels like a whole new bike. He went through it and also took care of some things that he noticed that weren't right or hadn't ben done previously. He did a great job and she runs like a top. The difference is night and day. He answered any questions I had and even offered to help me with some other things. I'm very pleased and he's a good guy!

ImortalUK
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:44 PM
That's awsome missed ya at the shop by a min. That's awsome u like the tune. its great how mike treats everyones bike like a work of art

Jmetz
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Ah yeah I boned out and headed straight for Golden Gate. :)

ImortalUK
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 06:00 PM
What did u think of the suspen tweaks?

salsashark
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
:up:

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
My last service was there. I had an appointment with Mike to check the suspension. When I arrived he wasn't there and no one knew I was bringing in my bike. I think the guy that did the service did a good job and I'll give them another shot but I was disappointed overall about not getting the suspension setup as planned.

Like I said, I'll give them another shot but I'll expect a better experience with the appointment.

derekm
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 12:13 AM
mike IS a bike guru....

Jmetz
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 12:26 AM
What did u think of the suspen tweaks?

It'll take some getting use to. That in combination with everything that was done, it feels very different then before. She rides and responds a bit more crisp. If that makes sense. The throttle is much more responsive and that made me a bit jerky, so that will take some getting use to as well. By the time I got to the bottom of Boulder Canyon I was starting to adjust a bit and get use to her. There will be more of that tomorrow.

crypto0793
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Took the 748 in for the 12k service. Mike hooked it up! Feels like a whole new bike. He went through it and also took care of some things that he noticed that weren't right or hadn't ben done previously. He did a great job and she runs like a top. The difference is night and day. He answered any questions I had and even offered to help me with some other things. I'm very pleased and he's a good guy!

If you dont mind me asking but can you give a price range on the 12k service. my 748 just had its 6k service but I am about to cross 8000 and ill proly have to get mine done next year.

~Barn~
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Did he ever remember having worked the bike in the past, in conjunction with Megacycle?

Jmetz
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 05:24 PM
He did. You'll have to check it out man.

Airreed
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Josh- I bet the previous owner never did maintance on that bike. Glad the bike is running stong!

Jmetz
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Barn didn't have it long enough. The owner before him had the rockers re-chromed at some point but other then that I don't know.

~Barn~
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Josh- I bet the previous owner never did maintance on that bike. Glad the bike is running stong!

It's a motorcycle Jason, not a firearm. :doublefinger:

And for that matter, I actually take better care of those now, too!

Jmetz
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Just stopped by with some clutch concerns I was having. They bled the clutch and noticed the chain had a little bit of slack so they adjusted, cleaned, and lubed the chain just for good measure. Thank you again to Mike, Patrick, and crew, you guys continue to provide awesome service!

grim
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I owe them a huge Kudos also Last friday i needed a front tire they got me one at a awesome price and when i needed a rear tire on the fly Patrick got me one at a insanely cheap price drove me to go get it and the guys at the shop got it mounted, balanced and took the bike out to make sure it was good to go. They did a great job and i highly recommend them!

Mother Goose
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Just stopped by with some clutch concerns I was having. They bled the clutch and noticed the chain had a little bit of slack so they adjusted, cleaned, and lubed the chain just for good measure. Thank you again to Mike, Patrick, and crew, you guys continue to provide awesome service!
They should fix that clanking noise.... sounds like it only happens when you pull in the clutch. ;)

Nooch
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Aye, I'm also heading over there this week to have Mike dial in my suspension more precisely. I got my rear end tuned up real nice, but I put some wicked chatter into my front that I cant work out. Glad to hear they're real pros over there!

Jmetz
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 04:16 PM
They should fix that clanking noise.... sounds like it only happens when you pull in the clutch. ;)

They did. They gave me ear plugs! :lol:

Mother Goose
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I think I remember someone telling you about those magical things... :think:

Jmetz
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 08:00 PM
My mom? :D

Oh and if you let them know you're with the CSC you get a discount!

Nooch
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Oh and if you let them know you're with the CSC you get a discount!

Nice, I forgot about that!

Nooch
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Just got back from Supertune. Mike is definitely an awesome AWESOME dude! He did a full suspension tune for me and the whole time he was tweaking the settings he was explaining to me in detail about every setting and adjuster and what it does and where it needs to be versus where it was previously set and why. I got a full suspension setup AND an education! Spent about an hour on the bike after he worked his magic and the difference isnt even night and day its more like Earth vs. Mars!!! Definitely a great experience and highly recommended, especially if you wanna learn whats going on with your bike rather than just have it fixed and given back!

derekm
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Just got back from Supertune. Mike is definitely an awesome AWESOME dude! He did a full suspension tune for me and the whole time he was tweaking the settings he was explaining to me in detail about every setting and adjuster and what it does and where it needs to be versus where it was previously set and why. I got a full suspension setup AND an education! Spent about an hour on the bike after he worked his magic and the difference isnt even night and day its more like Earth vs. Mars!!! Definitely a great experience and highly recommended, especially if you wanna learn whats going on with your bike rather than just have it fixed and given back!
thats awesome!

supertune
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 03:33 PM
glad we could help you guys. if you ever need anything just make sure to let us know.

you will have to come check out the new shop after we get moved. and as always our doors are always open for ya if you just want to stop buy say high or have any bike questions

FZRguy
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hey Mike, I heard from Rob that you were moving next door. That's great and I think your businesses will compliment each other very well.

supertune
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 05:07 PM
grim grim .......... grim im spending more time with your bike then my own!

grim
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM
grim grim .......... grim im spending more time with your bike then my own!

It's for a good cause brother....it's for a good cause!

And I appreciate it very much sir!!!!