PDA

View Full Version : Any place in thornton to get oil change stuff on a sunday?

usmcab35
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hey just wondering if there is a place to get some oil and a filter for my bike on a sunday in thornton. I really want to get the stuff tomorrow to do one but pretty sure most or all bikes shops are closed... Any ideas?or am I SOL???

NUTZ
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM
If your not to picky about brand, you can go to advance auto and pick up a fram filter and the oil.

Cornfed
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
I've got an oil change worth of Amsoil I need to sell. Bought it in a pinch but found some Motul at that last minute, which is what I usually run. Interested?

OUTLAWD
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
there might be some private amsoil dealers who might be open...can search through their site.

or maybe call 303...IIRC they have sunday hours, and stock Amsoil and filters

ImortalUK
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Carquest has k an n filters and mobil and castrol 4t

rybo
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:30 PM
What kind of bike do you have?

There are a number of automotive oil filters that cross over to the bikes.

I've run Mobil 1 15/50 car oil in my bikes without problem. Another popular one is to use Rotella diesel oil - neither contains the dreaded friction modifiers that make wet clutches slip.

Honda / Yamaha / Kawasaki - Bosch 3300 (available at autozone for about $8)

Suzuki - you may be SOL - but Wal Mart may have a fram motorcycle filter for you. Not my favorite for sure, but better than nothing at all.

rforsythe
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
NAPA should have a Wix filter that fits the Suzuki. Or, I have a couple extra Purolator ML16818 filters here which I think fit the Busa as well, I can bring on Monday.

usmcab35
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Sweet I didnt think any auto stores carried any oil for a bike that would be ok with the wet clutch, I will take a look tomorrow and see what I can find, thanks for the help everyone! Cornfed pm sent as well

BC14
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I get my oil from Advance, Mobil1 racing 4T 10w40

Bueller
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 08:38 AM
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html

Rotella T

Sean
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 07:25 AM
^^^

I run T6 in my 950 and it works great. $20 for a gallon at Wal-Mart as opposed to $16 a quart for good synthetic motorcycle oil at any dealer. Although I wouldn't run T6 in a busa, find what works best for your bike.

usmcab35
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:10 AM
i went with mobil 1 4t and a crappy fram filter, it was on sale at advance for 8.99 a qt. Probably stick with something like this in the future, amsoil is good, but the almost 13 bucks a qt isnt to great.. thanks for all the advice..

Slo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:53 AM
damn, wish i saw this sooner, i think i have an extra filter for a busa....

usmcab35
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:55 AM
damn, wish i saw this sooner, i think i have an extra filter for a busa....

well if you do, let me know, i might take it off your hands..

Slo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I will check tonight, and will give Jim @ TFOG a call in the morning to verify which ones are for a busa, with a little luck, there may be two. Will let you know.