PDA

View Full Version : The Official CSC 2005 Summer Picnic/BBQ

Spiderman
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
:multi: :bananna: :hump: :yay: :bday: :cheers: :silly:

Mark this on your calendar!!!

When: Saturday June 25th, noon until ??? (probably 6 PM) (I'll be there early, so if you've got nothing better to do, you can come help me set-up :D )
Where: Clement Park, Littleton (off Bowles, just east of Wadsworth (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addtohistory=&country=US&address=bowles+at+long+dr&city=littleton&state=co&zipcode=&historyid=&submit.x=0&submit.y=0))

Children and significant others welcome! This is definitely a family-friendly event!

Clement park is easily accessible from C-470 by either Wadsworth (from the south) or Bowles (north & west). Use Mapquest to get directions (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?2l=qgWw1csqnvQ%253d&2g=UNm%252bIKheYcsoa9av1utvnA%253d%253d&2pn=&2ic=31&2ex=1&src=maps&2a=W%20Bowles%20Ave%20%26%20W%20Long%20Dr&2c=Littleton&2s=CO&2z=80123&2y=US) best suited for you.

Clement park offers many amenities suitable for this type of event:
- sheltered picnic areas
- several playgrounds
- skate park
- restrooms
- and more... (http://www.ifoothills.org/ifoothills/Clement_Park.asp)

I've switched from the twice a year (Spring/Fall) format primarily due to weather. The timing for this is right around the longest day (daylight-wise) of the year, so there should be plenty of time for riding before & after the BBQ. I'm hoping the warmer temperatures will bring out more people, and that they'll stick around longer too. 8)

There are BBQ grills there, and once again I'll bring the charcoal and plenty of burgers & dogs, if you want something else (ie: brats/chicken), feel free to bring it and we'll throw it on the grill. I'll also be bringing condiments, sodas, cutlery, napkins, paper plates, cups, & I have some serving spoons for side dishes.

Speaking of side dishes (and desserts), you're invited to bring one, pot-luck style. If you have something you'd like to bring, but can't transport it because you plan on riding there, post up in this thread, I'm sure we can find somebody who'll be willing to transport it for you. I'll keep a master list of all side dishes here in this post.

BYOB - and as far as alcohol goes, NO GLASS CONTAINERS (& Please Drink Responsibly).

We're going to try and get the same shelter as last time (beside the skate park). I'll get there early to claim it.

I suggest you enter the park via W. Long Dr. (off of Bowles - across from Red Robin), then follow that road behind the library & continue straight through through the first 2 parking lots, then turn right followed by an immediate left into the last parking lot. I'll try and put up the CSC banner somewhere visible, probably near the shelter again.

If I remember correctly, at the fall BBQ last year we had over 100 people. With the warmer temps & more daylight (and a bit more notice this time :oops: ), I'm hoping we can hit the 200 mark! 8)

Hope to see many of you there! :cheers:

Updated List of Side Dishes:
Ralph: smoked brisket
macktastic brake grabber: my famous smoked pork loin
purpgixxerchic: baked red potatos seasoned with ranch
FZRACE97: fruit salad
T-byrd: a salad of of sorts - Needs someone else to bring it for her
foxyblue: brownies
AshliRider44: cake or something
Sully: salad (pasta or a fiesta slaw)
chadwick: something :roll: :lol:
sprtbkbabe: some sort of munchies

~Barn~
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:30 PM
Sounds like fun. I'll bring two pairs of boxing gloves.

Somebody else make sure that TroyTheTroll and Gixxstunna show up. :up:

rforsythe
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:38 PM
We're there! I'll bring another smoked brisket, apparently that was a hit last time (given that it was gone as fast as I could cut the meat).

jeaven
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:45 PM
I'm so down and so glad the date didn't change.

:D :cheers: :viking: :scatter: :batman: :loop: :guinness: :puke: :fire: :bday:

Who's bringing the Volleyball net? Curtis?

Maybe the Masterbatters can practice too.... J/K....

Daytona Sam
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:04 PM
My daughter has a performance with the Symphony @ 1pm that day. I should be able to come after that!!! 8)

Monkey
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:39 PM
There was brisket last time ralph?.. those bastards who took it can choke!

rforsythe
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:44 PM
There was brisket last time ralph?.. those bastards who took it can choke!

Dude I made a LOT of it too, and it literally didn't last 20 minutes.

I might make a couple of them, for the amount of time it takes. It's a 48 hour process for me to make one of those things, doing another is just more meat on the smoker (plus extra space in the fridge while the spices soak in, hmmm).

Mista Black
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:15 PM
i'm gettin there early to be one of the bastids Monky wants to smoke, errr, choke :lol:

Brisket :yumyum:

macktastic brake grabber
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:18 PM
o.k. i'll bring my famous smoked pork loin. seemed to be a hit last spring. count me in.

(( LO LO ))
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:28 PM
I'll bring my appetite! And I didn't get any brisket either!!! I can bring some desserts if they fit in my backpack :)....

Sparker
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:38 PM
remember the last time we rode to it LoLo?

FZRguy
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:55 PM
dang...bad date for me :(

Mel
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:37 PM
I will be there, of course! I am open to requests on what people want me to bring. Last time I brought baked red potatos seasoned with ranch....they were gone pretty quickly. I can do those again, or almost whatever is needed/asked for.

wulf
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:42 PM
If anyone needs to stage stuff, i'm about 3 blocks away. what little room there is in the garage and the back of my suburban is fair game.

I've got a couch if anyone overdoes it, and doesn't wanna ride home.

Mel
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
oh, yeah...my husband will be caging it to this event, so he is more than happy to take anything with him from the Highlands Ranch area.

(( LO LO ))
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 08:02 PM
remember the last time we rode to it LoLo?

Oh yeah, good times. Ready for this years trip? ;)

Sparker
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 10:05 PM
yea.....i dont think it will be snowing this time!

Wahooman
Fri Jun 3rd, 2005, 10:51 PM
Have to play this one out and see if I can make. That is the weekend of our Summer Sales Event at Twin Peaks......click here (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17071). Might be able to make if for a little while.
Jeaven if I do come I will bring the volleyball net......definetely down for some pounding :D If I don't make it.....have a blast and save some energy for Sunday Dyno Day at Twin Peaks!!

Duc'nnit
Sat Jun 4th, 2005, 06:31 AM
RATS!!!! :cry: Christina and I will be flying back from Arizona......I hope everyone has a great time as always! 8)

Jenny
Sat Jun 4th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Well since I'm at work on Saturdays, I won't be there.

FZRguy
Sat Jun 4th, 2005, 12:58 PM
A Sunday would work better for me too. No matter what date ya pick, some peeps won’t be able to attend.

CBRChick
Sat Jun 4th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Darnit ... won't make it this year. I'll be out in Vegas ... Have fun everyone! and don't forget the name tags ;)

Lil' Ridge
Sat Jun 4th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Sounds good to me. Maybe my husband will be able to join me this year since he has missed the last two. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. 8)

HDave
Sun Jun 5th, 2005, 04:14 PM
would it be a safe assumption that there will be a group ride before the bbq?

AshliRider44
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Saturday is good, I'm ok with having a hangover on Sunday... Monday hangovers are no good :lol: and we're within stumbling distance of home... well at least cheap taxi distance... LMK if I can bring anything :D

ImolaFem
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I think us Colorado Springs people should ride up together on 105. It might be a little longer route, but a bit more fun and create an appetite before arriving =) Maybe meet at the Shell at 11 am? What do you guys think?

RiceBoy
Wed Jun 8th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Can't go.. have to work... can we do it on sunday???

FZRACE97
Wed Jun 8th, 2005, 09:29 AM
I'm down for this one. So we'll meet at
the Conoco at 0930hrs for a nice ride first?
I live not too far away so I could swing by
my place after the ride to pick stuff up to bring over.
How 'bout a fruit salad? :oops:

Airreed
Wed Jun 8th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Just one question...

Will britni be there this year???

Spiderman
Wed Jun 8th, 2005, 11:12 AM
would it be a safe assumption that there will be a group ride before the bbq?
Yes, that would be a safe assumption. :D Check out FZRACE97's post on above. 8)

can we do it on sunday???
Maybe next year. Sorry.

I've added the following to the list of side-dishes in the first post:
macktastic brake grabber: my famous smoked pork loin
purpgixxerchic: baked red potatos seasoned with ranch
FZRACE97: fruit salad

DiddysR6
Wed Jun 8th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I'll show up.. I havnt really met any of you guys.. I'll make sure GixStunna shows up LOL

AshliRider44
Thu Jun 9th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Just one question...

Will britni be there this year???

Ask Marauder :lol:

Suki
Thu Jun 9th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Frito and I will be there alittle bit later in the afternoon. let us know if you need anything, i'll check the list a couple days before and see what to bring. :)

Slacker
Thu Jun 9th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Rachel and I'll be there. I'll bring a volleyball net in case Curtis doesn't make it.

RiceBoy
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 01:28 AM
well u guys have fun i'll trying be there but i don't think so... but if i can i let u guys know...

T-byrd
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Me & Dub will be there. I'll make a salad of sorts, as long as I can get someone else to bring it for me.

Tanya

King Nothing
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 10:21 PM
have dave make that pork roast! :yumyum:

Dub
Fri Jun 10th, 2005, 11:11 PM
have dave make that pork roast! :yumyum:

Don't tell anyone that I "smoke the pork," OK????? :lol:

foxyblue
Sat Jun 11th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Unless they call me into work...I plan to be there :bananna: .

I'll bring brownies & try not to crush-em this time :oops: :lol: .

AshliRider44
Mon Jun 13th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I'll bring somethin... dont know what yet... maybe I'll make a cake or something :oops:

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jun 13th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Dang!!! We'll be in New Mexico SCUBA diving. Drink 20 or 30 for me...

Sully
Mon Jun 13th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Put me down for a salad also... pasta or a fiesta slaw :)

AlphaOne
Mon Jun 13th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I can try and steal some buns and stuff but no promises, i'm broke as broke can be. And Just to clarify, we are meetin at the conoco in morrison at 0930hr's??? or in that parking lot just off of c-470 like last year?????

Sully
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I can try and steal some buns and stuff but no promises, i'm broke as broke can be. And Just to clarify, we are meetin at the conoco in morrison at 0930hr's??? or in that parking lot just off of c-470 like last year?????

I think we did the Memorial Ride prior to the BBQ last year... I'm not sure if anyone has planned a pre-BBQ ride yet.. :dunno:

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 10:00 AM
I'll bring somethin... dont know what yet... maybe I'll make a cake or something :oops:
"maybe i'll build her a cake or something" :lol:

I'll be there, not sure what I'll bring yet, but I'll bring something :D

AshliRider44
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 10:02 AM
:lol: NICE!!! :D
I think the peeps from CO Springs are planning a ride to the BBQ... but no one else yet... I know Hoopty and I will be taking a taxi since were so damn close! :D
Oh, and cant wait to whoop up on some volleyball hell yeah!! :boobies:

Spiderman
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 10:28 AM
And Just to clarify, we are meetin at the conoco in morrison at 0930hr's??? or in that parking lot just off of c-470 like last year?????
The Conoco in Morrison in morrison at 0930 hrs would be a good bet. 8)

:idea: Why not start a seperate thread for a pre-BBQ ride? :D

Spiderman
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Also...

if anybody has 1 or 2 large coolers that they could bring (either to the BBQ, or to me prior), that would be great. I've got 1 massive one 2 medium sized ones, but we always seem to be tight on cooler space. :|

Thanks in advance! 8)

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 10:53 AM
hey bobby, i've got one we could use. i could take it to you the week of :up:

Spiderman
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Awesome! :up:

A couple more and we should be all set. 8)

~Barn~
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I can take a big cooler to The Breck, the week of. (?)

Spiderman
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks Barn. Not sure if I'll be at the Breck next week, though. Could you bring it tomorrow night? I'll definitely be there & with my truck.

~Barn~
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I'll bring it tomorrow.

Spiderman
Tue Jun 14th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Awesome! Thanks! :up:

Project Sh*tbox
Wed Jun 15th, 2005, 04:31 AM
T-byrd: a salad of of sorts - Needs someone else to bring it for her
In reference to T-Byrd's need of food transport, this goes out to all Aurora peeps:

Bring your food-stuffs by on friday sometime and I'll throw it in the fridge, as this is a bachelor pad and the fridge is usually empty. I'll load it up in the shitbox and cage it over to the bbq the next day.

-ASC

DEVILRYDE
Wed Jun 15th, 2005, 09:02 AM
I'll try to make it-can we order pizza to a park? That way I don't have to carry anything.

Sully
Wed Jun 15th, 2005, 09:35 AM
In reference to T-Byrd's need of food transport, this goes out to all Aurora peeps:

Bring your food-stuffs by on friday sometime and I'll throw it in the fridge, as this is a bachelor pad and the fridge is usually empty. I'll load it up in the shitbox and cage it over to the bbq the next day.

-ASC

Hey.. I think I'll take you up on that offer ! :) Thanks Project..

LunaticChick
Thu Jun 16th, 2005, 09:22 AM
:D Sounds like a fun day. I would love to come and will drag Nick too.

Who is bringing the Bocce Ball?

If you need someone to bring food, I am all for it. Just let me know what and make sure it doesn't involve cooking. :mwave:

CBRChick
Fri Jun 17th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Darnit ... won't make it this year. I'll be out in Vegas ... Have fun everyone! and don't forget the name tags ;)

Well, the Vegas trip fell through ... so I will see you all there! :up:

Suki
Fri Jun 17th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Well for those up north that want to ride down and are bringing food, we will be caging it since i will have siate and my nephew that day.

I won't be leaving thornton til after one,closer to two so if you want to drop stuff off that morning/afternoon or friday evening let me know :)

EDIT: we actually might beable to ride down opposed to caging it down there.

Monkey
Sun Jun 19th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Wasn't suki banned from bringing relatives to any CSC thing? hehe

itsme1738
Sun Jun 19th, 2005, 03:55 PM
damm thats the same day as the catholic school girl
poker run up north....damm hmmm....
what to do...

Lucky
Sun Jun 19th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Hm... I am having a tough time deciding whether I should go to Brew Fest in Ft. Collins or to the picnic?

Mel
Sun Jun 19th, 2005, 10:25 PM
hmmm, beer close to home, or leg humpers all the way down in Denver.....depends on what you are into I guess! :lol:

~Barn~
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Mel is just trying to keep other girls away.

:lol:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 09:15 AM
women hate women

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 09:35 AM
brew fest is like $10 to get in, then you have to buy tickets to get the beer. hmmm.... free beer & food, or pay up the ass for beer and food.... hmmmm, what to do, what to do.... :lol:

on another note, hey bobby, when do you want me to bring that cooler by?

AshliRider44
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 10:30 AM
women hate women

:yes: but only when they are intimidated by them... :D :lol:

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 11:06 AM
that seems to happen a lot on here :lol:

AshliRider44
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 11:10 AM
By who!?! :oops:

Lucky
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I try to get along with girls as best I can... but there's always going to be those people that you just dont get along with whether they are guys or girls... Most everyone on here seem like pretty cool people!

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 12:28 PM
i'll give you one guess ;)

Suki
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 03:26 PM

some female intimidated by our sweet little Ashli??? well my my my!! :lol:

PLAY BALL!!!!!!

Suki
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 03:29 PM
So this probably isn't the place to post it, but i like getting yelled at so i'm gonna do it anyways.

A couple of questions:

1. who's riding to the Q
2. and what the hell is going on after the Q? maybe a evening/night ride?

Spiderman
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Well, the Vegas trip fell through ... so I will see you all there! :up:
So does this mean you'll be bringing name tags again too? :D

on another note, hey bobby, when do you want me to bring that cooler by?
Hmm, any night but Wednesay should work (I'm also thinking of riding Tuesday evening, but would be home later on).

~Barn~
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 04:01 PM
So this probably isn't the place to post it, but i like getting yelled at so i'm gonna do it anyways.

A couple of questions:

1. who's riding to the Q

I'm riding to the Q, Suki. Can't tell you what is goin' on afterwards though.

I think we should all go home, get are hair did, and go out. :bananna:

AshliRider44
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 04:21 PM

some female intimidated by our sweet little Ashli??? well my my my!! :lol:

PLAY BALL!!!!!!

LMFAO Thats awesome Suki!! :oops: "what biotch, you werent safe, I should punch you in the throat for that.... huh! HUH! " LOL :lol:

Suki
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 04:52 PM
haha, oh god i love going to the MastaBatta games!!!

hell yeah barn! i've been on the sober bus long enough and am ready to party like a rockstar til 9pm when i pass out :lol:

~Barn~
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Pace yourself. Jesus Christ.

:lol:

Suki
Mon Jun 20th, 2005, 05:04 PM
:lol: that's after like 2 drinks now! i have to rebuild my tolerance and get back to 6 jaeger shots, 5 redbull/vodkas and 4 beers.. god those were the good ol days.... sigh...

sprtbkbabe
Tue Jun 21st, 2005, 12:44 PM
If anyone talks to guys at TK and TFOG, Cynster, etc...

mention that we want them to come by if they can. All these shops do some SERIOUS work on our bikes, + they sponsored our Calendar and all...

And put me down for bringing some sort of munchies

rforsythe
Tue Jun 21st, 2005, 12:57 PM
Ahh fuck this means I gotta start making that brisket on Thursday... :shock:

Dysco
Tue Jun 21st, 2005, 06:48 PM

mention that we want them to come by if they can. All these shops do some SERIOUS work on our bikes, + they sponsored our Calendar and all...

Bah- those TK guys will NEVER see my bikes...

...in this many pieces again.

:lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol:

Lurch
Tue Jun 21st, 2005, 07:05 PM

A couple of questions:

1. who's riding to the Q

Ray-Ray's and my B-day party d-town.....

Lurch

~Barn~
Tue Jun 21st, 2005, 08:38 PM

A couple of questions:

1. who's riding to the Q

Lurch

Word.... I had forgotten. :slap:

AshliRider44
Tue Jun 21st, 2005, 09:22 PM

And put me down for bringing some sort of munchies

Let Brian and Tonya know... easy working for them and all... I'm sure they'll let Bart and Eric know too... :D

Spiderman
Tue Jun 21st, 2005, 10:59 PM

-ASC
Not sure how I missed this earlier, but props to Aaron for this! :up: 8)

Suki
Tue Jun 21st, 2005, 11:32 PM

A couple of questions:

1. who's riding to the Q

Lurch

Word.... I had forgotten. :slap:

shit, well smack me silly and call my highschool counselor a whore i forgot as well, meet at brecks afterwards then?

Project Sh*tbox
Wed Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:34 AM
Not sure how I missed this earlier, but props to Aaron for this! :up: 8)
I do what I can Bob, I do what I can.

-ASC

rforsythe
Wed Jun 22nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
I am also available for food transport in Denver. Donna will be home Friday, so if you have stuff that needs to get to the picnic and intend to ride down, just bring it by! I am located near Colorado/I-25 and will be driving the truck to the BBQ, so I have lots of room to carry ... whatever.

PM me for directions to the pad if you need to come by!

MiniNC35Grl
Wed Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:03 PM
Looks like HRCRider and I are going to be able to make this. :) Since the weather is looking good....I might have the kahunas to bring the RVF out :yay:

I think we can manage to pack some soft drinks into one of our packs so count us in for that.

Edit: Rode the RVF last night...and it's waaaay too grumpy about the altitude to do much riding :( I'll get it tuned and then bring it out at the next gathering...

wulf
Thu Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:48 PM
i'll probly cage it, i got my wisdom teeth beat out of my jaw on friday.

Can someone bring CSC stickers? I'd like 2 white and 1 black.

AshliRider44
Thu Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:37 PM
i'll probly cage it, i got my wisdom teeth beat out of my jaw on friday.

Can someone bring CSC stickers? I'd like 2 white and 1 black.\
Damn I remember that... does anyone else remember that surgery... Wicky, Hoopty? :cry: :remembers smell of christmas dinner and me not eating any:

Khalid 171
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 04:58 AM
So is the BBQ Saturday or Sunday. Any maybe somebody could post up for us non Denver people who have no clue where this park is.

Boy Scout
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 07:18 AM
So is the BBQ Saturday or Sunday. Any maybe somebody could post up for us non Denver people who have no clue where this park is.Good Grief, Charlie Brown. Did you read any of this thread? :roll:

From the first post:

When: Saturday June 25th, noon until ??? (probably 6 PM) (I'll be there early, so if you've got nothing better to do, you can come help me set-up :D )
Where: Clement Park, Littleton (off Bowles, just east of Wadsworth (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addtohistory=&country=US&address=bowles+at+long+dr&city=littleton&state=co&zipcode=&historyid=&submit.x=0&submit.y=0)) <- Click for map

Please see first post for additional useful information.

NineTwoFour
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Seeing as how I don't have a street-bike... I could probably be coaxed into bringing stuff down for the up-North crowd. :idea:

Vance
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 08:45 AM
NOAA is reporting the liklihood of scattered moving into severe showers Saturday afternoon after 3pm.

I know the picnic is supposed to go noon to 6... but I MIGHT make the suggestion of people making a concerted effort to show up on the EARLIER side of the event rather than the later... unless they like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.

Mother Goose
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 10:22 AM
looks like I'll be driving to the BBQ... so if anyone over in my area (santa fe & hamden) want to bring their stuff by Saturday morning for me to take, let me know. 303-513-7369

rforsythe
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 10:30 AM
NOAA is reporting the liklihood of scattered moving into severe showers Saturday afternoon after 3pm.

I know the picnic is supposed to go noon to 6... but I MIGHT make the suggestion of people making a concerted effort to show up on the EARLIER side of the event rather than the later... unless they like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.
With the weather we've been having lately, this is probably good advice. :|

AshliRider44
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Wicky we might bring some stuff to you tonight :D

rforsythe
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 10:44 AM

Well, you're half right. Forecast is scattered T-storms, but there is no mention of severe weather, at least until you get way out east. Lots of convective energy, but the moisture is supposed to dry up sat AM. We might get some afternoon rain, but I don't think it'll be too crazy.

That said, I will still get there at noon. :D

We tried to get a whole brisket last night, which is apparently quite hard to do when they aren't on sale somewhere. So, we got a couple large flats instead and will smoke those up tonight. They're in the fridge right now marinating in a nice rub comprised of kosher salt, pepper, chili powder, sugar, and ground cumin. :yumyum:

Vance
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 10:47 AM
looks like I'll be driving to the BBQ... so if anyone over in my area (santa fe & hamden) want to bring their stuff by Saturday morning for me to take, let me know. 303-513-7369

Holy crap...
That means you live near me.

Englehood!

Mother Goose
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Holy crap...

Englehood!

there goes the neighborhood!!! :lol:

Vance
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Holy crap...

Englehood!

there goes the neighborhood!!! :lol:

Nah...
Been there 4 months now. Moving out this weekend and next...
About the only major disruption to da'hood has been the guy 3 houses down is pissed at me because every time I start my bike his kid comes over and tells me it sounds better than his dad's Hardley. DOH!

Otherwise... I've been living quietly... waiting for the basement to flood every time it rains hoping it doesn't blow up my computer like it almost did a few weekends ago! :(

It'll be good to be back in Littleton/Centennial in a few days!

Khalid 171
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 12:30 PM
So is the BBQ Saturday or Sunday. Any maybe somebody could post up for us non Denver people who have no clue where this park is.Good Grief, Charlie Brown. Did you read any of this thread? :roll:

From the first post:

Where: Clement Park, Littleton (off Bowles, just east of Wadsworth (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addtohistory=&country=US&address=bowles+at+long+dr&city=littleton&state=co&zipcode=&historyid=&submit.x=0&submit.y=0)) <- Click for map

Please see first post for additional useful information.

:lol: Sorry buddy I was to lazy to read thru the thing. I didn't realize it was the first post. :oops:

Spiderman
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 07:09 PM
If anybody was thinking of bringing something, but didn't know what, nobody (at least not officially) has offered to bring chips, so if 3 or 4 people each brought a big bag of chips, we should be pretty well off. Post up if that's your plan. 8)

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 09:10 PM
i'll bring some chips

AshliRider44
Fri Jun 24th, 2005, 09:15 PM
:imwithstupid:

Suki
Sat Jun 25th, 2005, 10:57 AM
bob, alan and i will be riding down later... maybe around 3. we can fit a bag of chips in a backpack, do you need anything else?

call either me or alan before 2pm if you do :)
720-290-2800