PDA

View Full Version : Superstreet Class

Cornfed
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Im thinking about doing the superstreet class yet this year but looking through the pics I see alot of race glass and number plates. I thought it was a street bike class. Am I wrong?

asp_125
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
It's a run what you brung class. Yes you can run race glass and some riders borrow race bikes.

Bueller
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
80%+ is street bikes. You just can't have held a license for a few years.

Cornfed
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
80%+ is street bikes. You just can't have held a license for a few years.

I guess that makes sense. Was starting to think it was cherry picking for the racers. I realize there is no cash prize but nobody likes to get lapped either.

asp_125
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
With the "noobness" of Superstreet, I have not seen anyone on race bike or otherwise, been an overdog. Sure, given enough laps I'm sure a liter bike would lap a 250.

Bueller
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:45 PM
I guess that makes sense. Was starting to think it was cherry picking for the racers. I realize there is no cash prize but nobody likes to get lapped either.
Yep no points, no trophies, just bragging rights. And I get lapped and passed all the time, it ain't no thing.

Mother Goose
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
I lapped a couple people last round. It happens.

Cornfed
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 06:22 AM
I lapped a couple people last round. It happens.

I'm like a full grown boy. I still throw temper tantrums when I lose. Just sayin. :scream2:

Mother Goose
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I'm like a full grown boy. I still throw temper tantrums when I lose. Just sayin. :scream2:
I'll lap you politely then. :D

Cornfed
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I'll lap you politely then. :D

That's all I could ask for. :D

Lookin forward to meeting some more CSC tomorrow at HPR. I'll have a Blue S10, green EZ up, black n orange GSXR 1000 and bored yet patient wife.
Stop and say hi!

jbnwc
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Definitely check out the SS class, regardless of how slow or fast you are. There are always other people out there that will be running a similar pace to you so it's a ton of fun. There was a guy out there last year who got lapped, but he's learned and improved a lot and now he's running quite well.

flyingmonkey
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM
That's all I could ask for. :D

Lookin forward to meeting some more CSC tomorrow at HPR. I'll have a Blue S10, green EZ up, black n orange GSXR 1000 and bored yet patient wife.
Stop and say hi!

I had so much fun in the super street class.
I live in Parker and looking forward for the last round in October.

Slo
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah SS was a blast. No trophies or cash or anything else. But without a race bike that passes tech, and a MRA license, when else do you get to grid up with a real start/finish? Unless if it's in a straight line at Bandi.

I will be rounding up a "few" people for next years season to come out and race it.

Ghost
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Superstreet definitely seems like a lot of fun for less time/money and commitment than full-on racing (endurance or sprint).

After chasing Cornfed's GSXR1000 around HPR on my 600RR I can see where the bring-anything nature of it would be a hell of a challenge, and makes it exciting.

flyingmonkey
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah SS was a blast. No trophies or cash or anything else. But without a race bike that passes tech, and a MRA license, when else do you get to grid up with a real start/finish? Unless if it's in a straight line at Bandi.

I will be rounding up a "few" people for next years season to come out and race it.

Count me In for next year

Cornfed
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Count me In for next year

Ya know there is one more SS at HPR this year. Ive got alot of learning to do at HPR yet, but.......

rforsythe
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Ya know there is one more SS at HPR this year. Ive got alot of learning to do at HPR yet, but.......

There very well may not be, if the MRA doesn't get enough attendance at PPIR next round. Get signed up for PPIR!

Snowman
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 08:59 PM
PPIR, Banked corners. high speeds, concrete walls...
What else can a super streeter want!

Cornfed
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 09:49 PM

:pointlaugh:
Exactly, never been to PPIR and am racing with other street guys, next to the wall. Fun, but ah, not likely.
I think Ill start with a track day and go from there.

rforsythe
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Fair enough. Just wouldn't plan on an HPR event in October if the entries don't drastically improve for PPIR.

Bueller
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Yea I am going to break down and ride PPIR so hopefully there is a final HPR race. Not holding my breath but I am hoping.

ImortalUK
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Would mra allow an electric bike? And yes I'm being serious

Slo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Damn, I don't think I can make SS for PPIR but I will certainly try for it!!!!

rybo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Would mra allow an electric bike? And yes I'm being serious

That's an interesting question - we have nothing in our rulebook about electric bikes or the classifications they would be eligible for.

SO that leaves me with some questions:

1) What kind of electric bike do you have?

2) How much horsepower does it make?

3) What does it weigh?

4) How long can it run on a single charge?

from there we could see about what kinds of classes it might fit in?

Scott
MRA VP

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I think he is specifically looking @ SuperStreet

rybo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:54 AM
I think he is specifically looking @ SuperStreet

Shit - I forgot what thread I was in.

Still a "maybe"

What kind of bike is it and what tires does it use?

If it's a streetbike and runs on street tires, and it will pass a basic technical inspection, then I say "yes" Superstreet is a "run whatcha brung" class.

Hope to see you out there!
s

jbnwc
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:55 AM

Pansy. PPIR was my first ever track day and it was fine and actually better than HPR in that it is much easier to learn the track. I also prefer turning left, so that makes PPIR a little nicer. The speeds aren't anything as fast as HPR, either. PPIR is also BY FAR the best spectator track.

Slo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Jason, great point!!! Now if I can scrounge up my lunch money.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Shit - I forgot what thread I was in.

Still a "maybe"

What kind of bike is it and what tires does it use?

If it's a streetbike and runs on street tires, and it will pass a basic technical inspection, then I say "yes" Superstreet is a "run whatcha brung" class.

Hope to see you out there!
s

I've ridden electric bikes. They top out at 70mph. You're really going to allow these on the track with 600's,1000's, etc?

rforsythe
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I've ridden electric bikes. They top out at 70mph.

So do some of the RIDERS.

ImortalUK
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:47 AM
That's an interesting question - we have nothing in our rulebook about electric bikes or the classifications they would be eligible for.

SO that leaves me with some questions:

1) What kind of electric bike do you have? Brammo impulse RR

2) How much horsepower does it have? electric is diff rated swap would be 160ish

3) What does it weigh? 420 lbs

4) How long can it run on a single charge? Depends on the day temp hot days
90+ still push out 80+ miles

from there we could see about what kinds of classes it might fit in?
www.brammoracing.com/racing

It's been running it's own class At testing we have played in a few 600 cc open
Class. The bike has some wait but is as lean in the corners as a 600

Www.brammo.com/racing

Can run 600cc class bikes

Scott
MRA VP
More of a fun thing

ImortalUK
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I've ridden electric bikes. They top out at 70mph. You're really going to allow these on the track with 600's,1000's, etc?

Top speed is 140+

UglyDogRacing
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Top speed is 140+

well then that wouldnt get in the way. so you have one of these in your possession now?

asp_125
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:54 AM
More of a fun thing
Ummm.. yes?

http://www.brammo.com/brammogallery_crew/images/5.jpg

Will they come grace the MRA paddock?

ImortalUK
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:56 AM
On waiting list. Will take delivery by end of this year

Slo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Jeff.....I like how you think!!!