PDA

View Full Version : I crashed today - this is why you should buy full gear.

Clovis
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Murphy walks among us!

The unexpected happened today - I crashed in a low-slide. We were about 3 minutes and under 2 miles into the ride and I was within the 35mph speed limit (seriously) and I was taking it easy, not pushing the bike at all.

The best probable explanation is that my tires were cold (I arrived at MOCO an hour before we left, allowing them to cool down). I went into a normal lean and the bike just kept leaning - the tires slipped out in an instant.

Thank god there wasn't a car coming around the corner in the on-coming lane because that's where I ended up.

Because I was wearing FULL gear I was able to walk away without injury, just a twisted ankle that should clear up in a few days (No bruising or swelling) and the bike was also saved. Just some road rash on my corner front fairing and a case cover - THAT'S IT!

Because I never got ejected and stayed on the bike through the slide, my leg and foot basically acted as one big frame slider as they were TRAPPED under the bike, sliding 20-25 feet across the pavement.

I was able to pick up the pick and continue the ride almost like nothing happened.

Everyone in this crowd runs with at least a helmet, jacket and gloves (aka the basics) but only about 1/3 have pants and full length boots.

I know they're expensive but this is something you absolutely must get. Even if means buying on a credit card, it's a better alternative to intense pain, a visit to the ER and potentially becoming disabled. Gear can't save you every time but it will in 90% of the crashes.

If I was in jeans and non-race boots I would have: A broken foot/ankle, a broken knee cap and severe road rash - probably a perm limp because my leg and boot were trapped under the bike for the entire 20-25 foot slide.

Don't skimp on the gear! Leather beats textile every time and even in hot weather leathers will keep you just as cool because of the vents and perforation.

After my last low slide (in jeans and it sucked) 4 years ago I bought near top-end Alpinestars boots, pants, full gauntlent gloves, a MX-1 jacket and a new Shoei helmet from Sportbiketrackgear.com for about $1200.

Usually around July (and right now in some sizes) they have a clearance on last year's models and sell for half price. They also have excellent full video reviews of everything they sell on their site.

It is inevitable that you will crash one day. There are only two types of riders. Those that have gone down and those that will. At some point you too will go down.

Here's the damage pictures:

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/jdharward/Sept%20fourth%20crash%20pictures/IMG_1339.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/jdharward/Sept%20fourth%20crash%20pictures/IMG_1345.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/jdharward/Sept%20fourth%20crash%20pictures/IMG_1340.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/jdharward/Sept%20fourth%20crash%20pictures/IMG_1343.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/jdharward/Sept%20fourth%20crash%20pictures/IMG_1341.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x469/jdharward/Sept%20fourth%20crash%20pictures/IMG_1342.jpg

I care about each and every one of you (even Vellos!).

If you're holding off on getting full gear because its expensive, I hope this convinces you to get it now.

-Clovis

WolFeYeZ
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Dang, good to hear you are okay. Which corner was this? The first right hander on bear creek that already claimed one bike?

Looks like your 12v survived nicely!

Nick_Ninja
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 10:12 PM
ATGATT -- FTMFW!!!! :D

Wrider
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 10:21 PM
The bike was saying "screw you" for drilling that 12V into it's pretty plastics... lol
Glad you're ok bud!

Ghost
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Boo, that sucks man, very glad you're ok.

Cold tires suck, especially Q2s, but with the recent drop in temps it's definitely something to pay attention to--we got spoiled with 90 degree days and quick warming tires.

Clovis
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 10:41 PM
It sure did! :)

It was of the early corners. I did over hear someone comment it was the same corner "that last guy" crashed..

Dang, good to hear you are okay. Which corner was this? The first right hander on bear creek that already claimed one bike?

Looks like your 12v survived nicely!

Clovis
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I noticed that.. today :)

Boo, that sucks man, very glad you're ok.

Cold tires suck, especially Q2s, but with the recent drop in temps it's definitely something to pay attention to--we got spoiled with 90 degree days and quick warming tires.

Ghost
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 11:31 PM
I noticed that.. today :)

They bit my cousin on his BMW, they sketched out on me a few times, and someone I was talking to in Tech at HPR last time said the same thing, so I think it's just the nature of the beast.

Again, glad damages to you & the bike were minor, hope your ankle heals up quickly!

Either way, Gear Works!

BOOMER
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Nice meeting you today Clovis..!
I am so glad you came out fine and
were still able to enjoy the day..!

Concabar
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Glad you're okay Clov

Ted
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Wow... Glad you are OK. Live to ride another day man. !

Clovis
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Thank you everyone for the warm wishes. I was a little worried I might be sore this morning but no, same as yesterday. Then again I've taken a lot of ibuprofen.

That's why, for pain I take 2 Aleve instead of 8 Tylenol for all day relief!

Heading out for a ride!

madvlad
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Thank you everyone for the warm wishes. I was a little worried I might be sore this morning but no, same as yesterday. Then again I've taken a lot of ibuprofen.

That's why, for pain I take 2 Aleve instead of 8 Tylenol for all day relief!

Heading out for a ride!

Are you sponsored by Aleve? Lol cause that definitely sounded like a punch line

mastap07
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 07:28 AM
glad you were able to walk away from that yesterday clovis. maybe you could make those pennies part of your bike lol

Matrix
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Glad you and the bike are ok. You bring up a good topic in optimal tire temp. Something to keep an eye on as temps drop for sure.

Frankie675
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I did a lot of research on tire temps after I almost lost it on a cold day. There is a lot of interesting articles out there and a lot of things I learned that I was doing wrong.

GixxerCarrie
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Glad you are ok..and agree with your gear comment. I dont ride in just jeans anymore for just that reason..a lowside 2 years ago. Also with the others about the weather changes. Also a reminder to check the pressures in your tires given changing temps.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I dont ride in just jeans anymore

I should have been around to see that :D

bodhizafa
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Good to hear your ok.

~Barn~
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Just catching up to this, but great words of wisdom for those who don't rock full gear on their "sporty" rides. I'm glad that you're okay.

GixxerCarrie
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I should have been around to see that :D

lmao....:boobies:

Clovis
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Thank you again for all of the kind comments. I'm glad to know that you're glad I'm okay :) <3 you too.

There was another crash today on 119 just outside Neder. That older guy on the Buell.

He had full gear and still got pretty banged up. After I looked at his helmet (which was partially split) it was obvious that would have been a fatal accident if not for the helmet.

Without the leathers he would have had major, major injuries instead of a busted thumb/finger and some road rash on the torso (I'm guessing his jacket rolled up a bit). He was limping and complaining of pain pretty bad (but refused medical treatment).

Ghost
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Glad he's ok, but hfs this summer's been full of crashes...

madvlad
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I heard about that man, he was riding pretty hard too but glad he is fine. Hey Clovis what's your input on PUMA gear?

WolFeYeZ
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I heard about that man, he was riding pretty hard too but glad he is fine. Hey Clovis what's your input on PUMA gear?

Is that the guy that joined us for lunch that one day after squaw pass? o.O

madvlad
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Is that the guy that joined us for lunch that one day after squaw pass? o.O

Yea Doug, he rides that black Buell. Well after this crash not anymore since I heard the bike was definitely totaled

Clovis
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah, that bike was def totaled.

Sorry Damir, I don't have an opinion on Puma gear. I have not heard of them until you asked and I googled it.

I think for the money and quality Alpinestars is the way to go. The only downside to them is they're def on the higher price end.

I would also say don't buy ICON gear. They make a few really good leather jackets but that's about it.

Whenever you come across a group of sport bikes crusing through town or by the night clubs check out their gear (if applicable) and buy the opposite.

madvlad
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Yea Icon gear doesn't impress me much. Only piece of ICON gear I have had is a pair of gloves that were actually pretty good and held up rather well but seems like they shoot more to the street and stunt scene rider more than for safety and such

ImortalUK
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Yeah, that bike was def totaled.

Sorry Damir, I don't have an opinion on Puma gear. I have not heard of them until you asked and I googled it.

I think for the money and quality Alpinestars is the way to go. The only downside to them is they're def on the higher price end.

I would also say don't buy ICON gear. They make a few really good leather jackets but that's about it.

Whenever you come across a group of sport bikes crusing through town or by the night clubs check out their gear (if applicable) and buy the opposite.

Lol... All agree but there helmets are great

Clovis
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I don't know. My first helmet was an ICON and compared to my Shoei it sucks. I got a lot of wind buffeting which lead to fatigue after a few hours.

madvlad
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I don't know. My first helmet was an ICON and compared to my Shoei it sucks. I got a lot of wind buffeting which lead to fatigue after a few hours.

I've only owned Scorpion and that's one thing I hate about it, my neck is definitely taking a toll cause of this during rides lately lol

Clovis
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 10:08 PM
The lack of fatigue was in a review I read on Shoei helmets and a big reason why I switched. Plus their lite like a feather... but they start at $350 and that's on sale.

ImortalUK
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 10:16 PM
350 that's good stuff the x-12 I use on track well ouch

ImortalUK
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 10:20 PM
You guys wouldn't know any local stores that have Dainese?

Ghost
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 10:22 PM

Fay Myers and probably any Front range Ducati shop

ImortalUK
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks all have to call around..... I'm still thinking cheaper online

madvlad
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 10:28 PM
303cycle does

Clovis
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 10:32 PM
sportbiketrackgear.com for online. If you don't buy from them, find what you want and chances are they've done a video review on it (on their site and youtube).

ImortalUK
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Nice have to check it out I mostly use kneedraggers.com

willb003
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 11:21 PM

Why do you say that?

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 5th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Why do you say that?

I have never seen a MotoGP rider wear ICONic gear. Or a WBK rider. Or an AMA rider. Stuff is for squids. :D

ImortalUK
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 06:46 AM
let me re up this im glade someone is wearing something over nothing

madvlad
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Stuff is for squids? Lame wording if some one is at least wearing gear good for them

I think what he meant to say is that only reason they wear it is cause of looks but not to wear it for the right reasons.

GixxerCarrie
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Most of us FOGS on here...are just speaking from expierence. Have you ever watched a moto gp race? Or for that fact been out to HPR for a track day? Look at what people are wearing.
My first Jacket was an ICON, and after my wreck at 65, every zipper was torn apart...but the friction burns even through the CE's in my elbows took it to the bone..yet not one scratch in the leather. Did I buy another? No.
Wearing whats good for you vs. wearing whats safe for you? IMO I'll go for saftey. Been around long enough that I know people like N_N know what their talking about. Was first person to give me kick ass remedys for my road rash.

Be carful to judge and read a few posts from certain peeps who have been around the block and back. Just my opinion..I'm one of those whos been around for awhile.

GixxerCarrie
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM

Fay has some..I think Sully was just talking to me about that one of the local shops had them..and she was trying them on...Sully?

jrthomas6
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Good call on the riding gear man. Even a low-speed off can jack you up! Glad you're ok.

ImortalUK
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Fay has some..I think Sully was just talking to me about that one of the local shops had them..and she was trying them on...Sully?

thanks im going to go check today i need a new one my technic is getting old and after my last track down in my Dainese one peace i wouldnt mind having a jacket (never had a suit hold up that good before)

Ghost
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 08:46 AM
thanks im going to go check today i need a new one my technic is getting old and after my last track down in my Dainese one peace i wouldnt mind having a jacket (never had a suit hold up that good before)

I've got a custom 1pc, and I had a Teknic suit long ago, but other than that all my leathers (1 & 2pc) have been Dainese.

They're amazingly tough and well-built. They also are a notch above most others in build quality.

While they're expensive I think this is one case where you get what you pay for...

Jmetz
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I know people like N_N know what their talking about.

Your story lost all credibility with that statement. :p

GixxerCarrie
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 09:50 AM
lol...:twisted:

Clovis
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hey now, NN is a good guy. I've done a few long distance rides with him and always had a blast.

All though I think I am forever scared with the image of Jeff holding a beer in nothing but a shirt, boxers and moto GP boots, LOL

GuitarX
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Clovis...I'm so sorry to hear about the lowside but am very glad you're none the worse for it. Thank goodness you were wearing the gear.

I noticed someone mentioned Q2s in the thread, is that the tire you're using? I've heard over and over they don't do well when they aren't up to temperature so I've avoided them even though they're inexpensive. I rode all winter on Michelins in temperatures down the 30 degrees and never had any grip problems. The temps you were riding in were NOT cold enough to put you down. That's just plain ridiculous and I'd never buy whatever tires are currently on your bike if that's what caused it.

Ninja2
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Dang, Clovis. Glad you're ok. You need to stop riding with that darn pug in your saddlebag!

cptschlongenheimer
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I ran Q2's all last winter. The only cold tire issues I had were after jumping on the bike first thing in the morning (sub 40F), while leaning, while using too much throttle, while hitting painted crosswallks/manhole covers. I'm not an expert but I think any tire would've broken loose in the same scenario. :dunno:

Clovis
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks Gary!

I've been running Q2s all season and very happy with them. The Q2s were praised for their quick warm up ability.

We rode past the spot again yesterday. It wasn't as far out as I remember. The first corner up Bear Creek leaving MOCO.

Cold tires are my best probable guess all though someone gave me 2 scrapped pennies (which I still have) and said those we were on top of one of my scrapes (on the road). Maybe I hit those but it seems like a one in a million chance.

No biggie - I was able to click off 600 more miles after the slide (200 that day and 400 yesterday).

I credit it all to my gear.

Cjake39
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I think I saw Clovis around 8AM that morning. We were on our way up Pikes Peak for a run and I saw you guys meeting at the Acorn gas station. Glad you're ok!

WolFeYeZ
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Clovis...I'm so sorry to hear about the lowside but am very glad you're none the worse for it. Thank goodness you were wearing the gear.

I noticed someone mentioned Q2s in the thread, is that the tire you're using? I've heard over and over they don't do well when they aren't up to temperature so I've avoided them even though they're inexpensive. I rode all winter on Michelins in temperatures down the 30 degrees and never had any grip problems. The temps you were riding in were NOT cold enough to put you down. That's just plain ridiculous and I'd never buy whatever tires are currently on your bike if that's what caused it.

It could also be the surface/corner as the same spot took down another rider a month earlier when it was very warm out. It seemed that in the earlier situation no one knew exactly what happened beyond traction was lost and a crash followed.

Clovis
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I should clarify that it wasn't the outside ambient temp (all though Sunday was a cooler day) but the tires themselves were cold. I rode the 100+ miles to MOCO as a "warm up" but waited around for a little over an hour before it was time to leave.

grim
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I should clarify that it wasn't the outside ambient temp (all though Sunday was a cooler day) but the tires themselves were cold. I rode the 100+ miles to MOCO as a "warm up" but waited around for a little over an hour before it was time to leave.

You conquered it on Monday so I'm proud of you Clovis!!!!!

I still have to go to that dirt trail at the ren fair and conquer where me and my wife went down!

AOK303
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM
wait when did you go down grim

Clovis
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Oh he's got you now Sean!!

BC14
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM

Yep, with that logic, we all should be crashing all winter, with all that damn gravel and "cold" tires.

Ghost
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 12:39 PM
wait when did you go down on grim

fixed.

And, fwiw, Q2s suck in the "cold", it's why I ditched mine.

grim
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 12:46 PM

LMAO It wasnt broadcasted as it was while going 10mph down a dirt road.

My wife and i were going to the Ren festival and were taking the dirt road to park up front. There was a group of teenage girls that were walking directly in the center of the lane so i honked my horn and revved the engine/ Well the majority of them moved over but one of them like a fucking deer literally jumped in front of me and was within a foot of me running them over. So i grabbed the front brake the front slipped out from underneath me. slamming the bike onto my right leg and launching my wife a good 4 feet. we both had full gear with the exception of riding pants but did have jeans on. The wife got a good bruise on her knee and my right hand would have been destroyed and had tons of gravel in it if i didn't have gloves on. To top it off the group of fuckheads just walked away while the bike was on my leg. People across the road ran over to get it off of me. Next time im gonna hit anyone who gets in front of me!

This was back in June i had the bike painted within three days of it happening!

Ghost
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:21 PM
My wife and i were going to the Ren festival and were taking the dirt road to park up front.

Next time im gonna hit anyone who gets in front of me!

Clearly they should've been wearing medieval armor anyway...

GuitarX
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:30 PM

This still makes no sense to me. Street tires don't have to be warmed up like track-only tires. I always chuckle when I see guys go side to side trying to "build some heat" in their street tires. Street tires last so much longer than track tires because they don't heat up as much and go through such dramatic heat cycles. This is all designed in to the rubber compounds. You should be able to take a corner at street speeds on a "cold" street tire and not fall down go boom. Track tires are softer, are meant to run on lower pressures, and build heat much quicker. They also hold heat longer which is why tire warmers work.

If it was the tires that caused your crash, I'd shy away from that model in the future. Just my .02. If it was gravel, oil, etc. then that's just a hazard that sometimes jumps up and bites us and you're either going to get lucky or not...

From what I understand Q2s are great on the track where they can build heat quickly and retain that heat. I've heard a lot of stories of street riders going down because of them being "cold". Too many for me to feel comfortable with.

BC14
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:50 PM
This still makes no sense to me. Street tires don't have to be warmed up like track-only tires. I always chuckle when I see guys go side to side trying to "build some heat" in their street tires. Street tires last so much longer than track tires because they don't heat up as much and go through such dramatic heat cycles. This is all designed in to the rubber compounds. You should be able to take a corner at street speeds on a "cold" street tire and not fall down go boom. Track tires are softer, are meant to run on lower pressures, and build heat much quicker. They also hold heat longer which is why tire warmers work.

If it was the tires that caused your crash, I'd shy away from that model in the future. Just my .02. If it was gravel, oil, etc. then that's just a hazard that sometimes jumps up and bites us and you're either going to get lucky or not...

From what I understand Q2s are great on the track where they can build heat quickly and retain that heat. I've heard a lot of stories of street riders going down because of them being "cold". Too many for me to feel comfortable with.
:up:

Clovis
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I may have been something else, like I mentioned, cold tires are just my best probable guess. There was no panic, target fixation, gravel or other road debris that I noticed (besides the aforementioned lucky pennies).

I didn't feel hot going into that corner but we're getting off topic here. Focus man! Focus! :) The topic is why getting good gear should not be put off.

For what it's worth I otherwise love the Q2s. My only complaint has been the tire life so I'm going to try Road 3s next.

Ghost
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM
This still makes no sense to me. Street tires don't have to be warmed up like track-only tires.

My Q2s were skittish in the cold where my Michelins never were, and by "cold" I mean ambient temps of 40-50, which is normal (if cool-ish) operating temps for a bike...

cptschlongenheimer
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 02:22 PM
...I always chuckle when I see guys go side to side trying to "build some heat" in their street tires...

I sometimes "oscillate" from side to side in the lane. But the goal is to make myself more visible when riding among the cages. (or just to make a straight road curvy)

I'm sure some who have seen me think I'm trying to do some NASCAR style tire warming :lol:

\threadjack

Ezzzzy1
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 03:16 PM

Street tires will perform horribly if cold... They do need to be "warmed up" in order to be aggressive on them, just like track tires. Because you dont heat them up universally like race tires you CAN have cold edges and that can cause big problems, especially on a colder road. The quickest way to completely heat up a street tire is through rapid acceleration and deceleration in a straight line. It is a myth that going side to side heats them up and for motorcycle tires (because of their construction) it does not help in "warming".

Before dropping into the canyons I do go side to side. Probably more for piece of mind but my goal is to remove any debris that as collected and stuck to the outer edge of the tire, especially if leaving a parking lot.

BC14
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Street tires will perform horribly if cold... They do need to be "warmed up" in order to be aggressive on them, just like track tires. Because you dont heat them up universally like race tires you CAN have cold edges and that can cause big problems, especially on a colder road. The quickest way to completely heat up a street tire is through rapid acceleration and deceleration in a straight line. It is a myth that going side to side heats them up and for motorcycle tires (because of their construction) it does not help in "warming".

Before dropping into the canyons I do go side to side. Probably more for piece of mind but my goal is to remove any debris that as collected and stuck to the outer edge of the tire, especially if leaving a parking lot.
Or don't go blasting balls out 190 into the first corner(s)......

Ezzzzy1
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Or don't go blasting balls out 190 into the first corner(s)......

Right... Just the second? Third?

Great advice, I would still say make sure your tires are warmed up. Really anyone riding to moco will have warmed up tires but if its early in the am or your bike has sat for a while I would spend a little extra time making sure that they are ready to go before you jump in and just take it easy on the first corner.

GuitarX
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 05:50 PM

A normal ride to the canyons and your tires will be completely warm enough to have fun in the canyons. Modern street tires are amazing and will not put you down for no reason. How worn-out they are is of course a game changer. As soon as my tires get to the wear bars I'm on the phone making an appt for new rubber. Go much further than that and you're taking chances. Anyway, no use arguing this so do as you like and I'll do as I like. :D

ImortalUK
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 05:54 PM

Thanks but wow 2 jackets I I should have just got another bike

BC14
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 06:48 PM
A normal ride to the canyons and your tires will be completely warm enough to have fun in the canyons. Modern street tires are amazing and will not put you down for no reason. How worn-out they are is of course a game changer. As soon as my tires get to the wear bars I'm on the phone making an appt for new rubber. Go much further than that and you're taking chances. Anyway, no use arguing this so do as you like and I'll do as I like. :D
Right there with ya :up:

koru
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Stupid question is bear creek road 74 by moco and if so I wrecked on That road same scenario rode about an hour up waited an hour or less left and wraped her on oner of the first few turns strange i say but did not see any pennies

GixxerCarrie
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Thanks but wow 2 jackets I I should have just got another bike

Sorry, Like I said..I wasn't there.:angel: Stop into Grand Prix..talk to Chris. They can order them for you, and they give a CSC discount as does Fay now. I never see them when I shop.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=dainese+jacket

http://www.kneedraggers.com/catalog/Dainese/Jackets

From my usual shopping at closeout time...now is the time to watch.:boobies:

ImortalUK
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Sorry, Like I said..I wasn't there.:angel: Stop into Grand Prix..talk to Chris. They can order them for you, and they give a CSC discount as does Fay now. I never see them when I shop.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=dainese+jacket

http://www.kneedraggers.com/catalog/Dainese/Jackets

From my usual shopping at closeout time...now is the time to watch.:boobies:

Thanks ended up getting them from Moto gear