PDA

View Full Version : IMI on Sept 30

FZRguy
Sun Sep 4th, 2011, 11:57 PM
I want to get at least one sumo track day in before my knee surgery in mid-Oct. This is the day peeps! Hoping to get the CSC sumo corp out, and you 250 riders and anyone else lookin' for track time for small peso. $35.

Also may do a track day at Bandimere. I stopped by there and they are fine with sumo's on any weekday. Track is too tight for any sportbike, but should be fun on my ring ding. No dirt section there and it is $40.

jsears1864
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 11:18 PM
The last race of the year is this Sunday the 25th. Come racing. Track days are lame!:dunno:

FZRguy
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Not racing with a blown-up knee. My surgery is on Oct 17. You got a date yet?

jsears1864
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Yes next Wednesday. I've been racing on my torn acl/meniscus all summer.

You don't gotta go all out, just cruise at a good pace and have fun!!!

I did the same thing in 2008. If your gonna do track days you might as well race. Same amount of risk.

Plus there is always someone slower to beat...

FZRguy
Wed Sep 21st, 2011, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I know. Mine is constantly trying to give way and I really can't ride dirt. Not even sure I can load the bike on the trailer. I can still ride my bicycle (no MTB tho), ride on the street and go to the gym, and I didn't want to bag the summer in July. I went fishing on the Poudre last weekend and had to slide down the bank to the water on my butt...kinda pathetic.

jsears1864
Fri Sep 23rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
Well you gotta get a brace, i got a Donjoy for everyday stuff and Asterisk for riding.

I can do everything but jog/run if i have my brace on.