PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo Spetember 17th?

GNGSXR
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I was at the military track day event last saturday and the general manager mentioned that September 17th was the last day to ride on pueblo before they shut down for the season.
I didnt get a chance to speak with the GM and havent been able to reach anyone at pueblo by phone. Online calendar doesnt mention this either.
Anyone have information on this?

Cjake39
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
It's a go, Sept 17th, gates open at 7am, closes down at 5pm. $100 a bike/car. Will run in car/bike sessions.

FYI, there is a rumor that it might be run counter clockwise.... I think some safety concerns need to be addressed though.

rybo
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Jake,

I sent you a PM about this - Pueblo in the counter direction has a lot of problems for bikes. I would advise stongly against doing it.

s

UglyDogRacing
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
FYI, there is a rumor that it might be run counter clockwise.... I think some safety concerns need to be addressed though.

Addressing the safety concerns of running counter clockwise would include moving corner work stations, moving fences and moving power poles. I don't see that happening for a track day.

Cjake39
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 12:30 PM
A lot of the dangerous track side items will have to be moved for paving equipment anyways. That's the only reason the idea was brought up. This is only a POSSIBILITY, nothing more until all safety items would be covered. I'm going to drop the subject as it is not happening as of now.

rforsythe
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:04 PM
It would also have to mean extending what would then become turn 1 (now 10) out a ways, because someone riding off the end of that at a buck forty would die the way it's set up now. That alone freaks me out enough to never try it. But, it's good to see some creative thinking. :)

GNGSXR
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:49 PM
It's a go, Sept 17th, gates open at 7am, closes down at 5pm. $100 a bike/car. Will run in car/bike sessions.

Awesome. I'll be there unless it is being run counterclockwise. I might as well run million dollar highway at triple digit speeds than run pueblo counterclockwise.

GNGSXR
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Will there be an ambulance on site?

GNGSXR
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Do we need to pre-register or just show up with money at 7am?

Im filtering questions from other forums:boobies:

Cjake39
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 01:22 PM
No ambulance...don't fall down... ;)

No pre-registering, show up at 7am when the gates open. Should run until 5pm. Again, it will be split with cars on 30 minute sessions with cars out first. There is usually not a lunch break other than a couple course checks thorughout the day.

I will purposly ignore anymore counter course questions/ comments.

Bueller
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I will purposly ignore anymore counter course questions/ comments.
If that question is not answered I think most will probably ignore this track day.

I'll be at the other track supporting the MRA anyway

jgixxer1
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 05:23 PM
If that question is not answered I think most will probably ignore this track day.

I'll be at the other track supporting the MRA anyway

I thought that question was answered in post #5...