PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU to my Chicane crew!

rforsythe
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM
We had a fairly (well, incredibly) eventful day yesterday and nobody got much of a break, even having to stay on the track an extra half hour while we got a rider transported and retrieved the other ambulance that we had to leave in turn 7. My entire crew rocked it and made my life a lot easier as a result, so I wanted to thank everyone for a job well done. I felt this deserved its own thread, as you all did awesome.

usmcab35
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:24 PM
cant talk for everyone else but i had fun, it was work, but no to many places that you can work and have motorcycles screaming by you at about 10 feet away.. cant wait to back to the track again soon!

JonnyD
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I had fun as well, I'm positive my +1 did too. Glad we could help! And I'm going to see what kind of gear I can round up this winter... I'm really wanting to ride in one of these!

cptschlongenheimer
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 01:57 PM
You sir, are welcome. Kala and I had a blast and we'll do it again next time! (If,for some reason, I can't get my shit together enough to get in on the action myself :eyebrows:)

Sully
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Thank you all for being out there for us! :applause: Great job Ralph! It was nice to sit next to you during lunch :)

Ghost
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Thank you all for being out there for us! :applause: Great job Ralph!

Yep, thanks guys!

It was nice to sit next to you during lunch :)

Oh, suuure, Sully got to sit at a table while we got to sit on the floor... :p

Slo
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Was fun out there, especially camping out in the back of my trailblazer in the friggin cold haha. Turn 4 was a blast to watch....all the late breaking and lines!!!!

See you guys next year, I will be either corner working or riding in the event.

Ghost
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Turn 4 was a blast to watch....all the late breaking and lines!!!!

Lol, late braking is the only way to make up for the power of the liter bike you're chasing down--and it's a ton of fun to boot :D

Thanks for sitting out there in the cold and heat for us!

rfranks303
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Glad we could help. I had fun and hope to make next years as well.

Bueller
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
What corners were you all in? I know Slo was in 4, Vellos in 7 and USMCB was in 1. Where was everyone else?

Looked like corner 8 was taking pics ;)

Vellos
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Had fun except for Bueller's exhaust – that thing gave me a headache.

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 06:26 AM
I will need to get an ear plug sponsor so I can hand them out to all the corner workers. :)

Scer
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Yrs, thank you all very much. You had an eventful day for sure!

Work in workas

JonnyD
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 06:41 AM
<-- corner 8, my +1 was in 9a. As soon as I can get through all the blurry pics where I zomgfailed at camera settings I'll post a few up!

usmcab35
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Had fun except for Bueller's exhaust – that thing gave me a headache.

haha i was chating with a rider coach and bueller came flying in to turn 1 behind me. I was like wow that guys got a nascar motor in that, he was like no thats just a 250. :shock: :scream2: i think i might grab some ear plugs too if bueller is there next time i am haha

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:22 AM
<--- Corner 3
Mrs. Schlongenheimer was in #5

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:25 AM
<--- Corner 3
Mrs. Schlongenheimer was in #5

I worked 5 last year, very good corner IMO. You can see 4,6 & 7 from there. And watching the fast guys go through all day taught me a ton about that turn.

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:31 AM
haha i was chating with a rider coach and bueller came flying in to turn 1 behind me. I was like wow that guys got a nascar motor in that, he was like no thats just a 250. :shock: :scream2: i think i might grab some ear plugs too if bueller is there next time i am haha

Sorry all but in this case more noise = more power (I got a dyno sheet to prove it), that sucker is 1.5 hp more than the AreaP that now resides on the wife's 250, and that is a huge gain on a sub 30hp engine :)

usmcab35
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Yea I figured it was for more hp and not cool points haha

Slo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:47 AM
My +2 were in turn 2 and turn 6....

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I worked 5 last year, very good corner IMO. You can see 4,6 & 7 from there. And watching the fast guys go through all day taught me a ton about that turn.

She said it was a great spot and that she actually learned a lot about which line to pick depending on how you want to exit for the next.
:)

Going into this, her being a cruiser rider (and not very fond of "plastic-y sportbikes"), I was unsure she'd be that into it. I'm pleased to say she was thoroughly engaged and had a great time.

Vellos
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Sorry all but in this case more noise = more power (I got a dyno sheet to prove it), that sucker is 1.5 hp more than the AreaP that now resides on the wife's 250, and that is a huge gain on a sub 30hp engine :)

My bike makes zero noise and has four fold the power. :silly:

Slo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:56 AM

LOL but not 4x the corner speed at the track :pointlaugh:

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:04 AM
<-- corner 8, my +1 was in 9a. As soon as I can get through all the blurry pics where I zomgfailed at camera settings I'll post a few up!
I think 8 is a mixed blessing, very technical but kind of slow, my interest watching would be in the late braking passes (and run offs) and 2-3 wide going through it.

My +2 were in turn 2 and turn 6....
Turn 6 is another turn like 8, a lot of late braking passes and very technical, but turn 2 is one of my favorites to ride and watch, massive lean combined with some speed.

She said it was a great spot and that she actually learned a lot about which line to pick depending on how you want to exit for the next.

It is a great turn for passing, several lines through there creates a lot of possibilities. But brass balls are the ticket.

Slo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:08 AM
So my two friends that corner worked.... the guy is slowly making a transition from a starbucks parking lot warrior to someone who is learning to turn. He is not mentally ready to ride at a big track, even in the never ever class.

However my other friend from turn 6, she is ready to go, not a superstreet class, but next years never ever. :)

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I know and so do many of the bikes I pass out there. And since it is a race track I don't worry about the noise much.:silly::silly:

JonnyD
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I think 8 is a mixed blessing, very technical but kind of slow, my interest watching would be in the late braking passes (and run offs) and 2-3 wide going through it.

I requested turn 8, buddy of mine wanted proof he could get his knee down on the left side. Of course he still has unscathed pucks... Maybe Photoshop can work a few wonders :D

I'll have to try 5 next time! Worked 4, 6, 8, 10-12 so far.

Slo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I requested turn 8, buddy of mine wanted proof he could get his knee down on the left side.

I have some pretty worn down kneepucks he can have if wanted :pointlaugh:

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I have some pretty worn down kneepucks he can have if wanted :pointlaugh:
I stuck a pair of my old ones on Renata's pants so she could look the part :lol:

rybo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 10:42 AM
In years past I would trade my "take offs" for new ones to guys that wanted to look cool.....

that was always fun.

hcr25
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Thank you all for working! The day would not happen if you were not out there. Sorry I didn't get to meet most of you, I did not realize the corner crew was mainly CSC members. I rode most all of the sessions teaching but my day was far easier then working a turn.
Thanks again
Mike #25

Slo
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Mike, I'm still in disbelief at how many laps you did haha. I think your only break was lunch.

usmcab35
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
yea i know going around the track is a blast, but i saw a few coaches that would pull off on the hot lane with the group that just got finished and go right back on the track with the next group, that must have been a long day for those guys..

Ghost
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM

Pics of the +1 or just the bikes?

Turn 6 is another turn like 8, a lot of late braking passes and very technical, but turn 2 is one of my favorites to ride and watch, massive lean combined with some speed.

I'd like to have watched T6, I know a few people went off or had issues there, and I tried a few different lines but didn't really like any of them--I'd like to see how the fast/smooth guys run that one.

T8 I hate just for that patch, I had to run inside or outside of it, going across always made me cringe a bit.

T13-15 I saw at least 2 people ahead of me decide they were going to Dual Sport it and just run a straight line across the dirt :o

Solinary
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 12:48 PM
T13-15 I saw at least 2 people ahead of me decide they were going to Dual Sport it and just run a straight line across the dirt :o

There was 3 total if I remember right that went off-roading.

I was sitting in 13...had a great time watching all of you and intend to volunteer again when the chance arises. Next time though, I will make it a mission to meet at least one CSC member and ask their name as well...had two brief conversations at the end of the day, but didn't think to formally introduce myself to those two individuals beyond the guy at 13. :wtf:

Bueller
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I'd like to have watched T6, I know a few people went off or had issues there, and I tried a few different lines but didn't really like any of them--I'd like to see how the fast/smooth guys run that one.

T8 I hate just for that patch, I had to run inside or outside of it, going across always made me cringe a bit.

That what was cool about the 4 hour Endurance, I went through those corners 78 times that day. That's a lot of practice :lol:

rfranks303
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I was in 10-12.

Ghost
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 01:19 PM
There was 3 total if I remember right that went off-roading.

I was sitting in 13...had a great time watching all of you and intend to volunteer again when the chance arises. Next time though, I will make it a mission to meet at least one CSC member and ask their name as well...had two brief conversations at the end of the day, but didn't think to formally introduce myself to those two individuals beyond the guy at 13. :wtf:

I really had to look away when following too, otherwise I'd have been #4 :lol:

We need CSC name tags or shirts or something, I probably bumped into a ton of CSCers and never matched name to screen name.

That what was cool about the 4 hour Endurance, I went through those corners 78 times that day. That's a lot of practice :lol:

I think that would definitely help. :D

JonnyD
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I'm sure there's blurry ones, and about 5 kajillion of a couple friends out there, but try this link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/115484974300094476081/ChicaneTrackDay9511?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPjJmr7jw7jRKA&feat=directlink

As always, If anyone wants a full sized shot just PM me :)