PDA

View Full Version : Checa calls out Rossi

Slo
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/superbikes/ducatis-motogp-legend-valentino-rossi-accepts-challenge-from-world-superbike-ducati-star-carlos-checa/story-fn5k3gtw-1226129069244

GuitarX
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 02:44 PM
This I want to watch!!! I love both riders so I'm not sure who I'd be rooting for. Maybe Checa since he's older and almost an official FOG.

Ghost
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Heh, awesome. I'd like to see Rossi win, he's had such a shit season in GP

Slo
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Hell, they should just have a one on one race, who wouldn't watch a grudge match!!! Just like UFC and how they build up grudge matches between two bitter rivals.

This is one of the few pay per views I would actually purchase.

TFOGGuys
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Starring Valentino Rossi as Vinny, and Carlos Checa as JT..

Vinny: Hey, Vincent LaGuardia Gambini--
Lisa: His name's J.T.
Vinny: J.T., I believe you and Lisa played a game of pool for two hundred dollars, which she won; I'm here to collect.
J.T.: How 'bout if I just kick your ass?
Vinny: Oh, a counteroffer. That's what we lawyers, I'm a lawyer, call that a counteroffer. Let me see, this is a tough decision you're giving me here. Get my ass kicked or collect two hundred dollars. Hmm, let me think. I could use a good ass kicking, I'll be very honest with you. Nah, I think I'll just go with the two hundred.[The people in the room laugh]
J.T.: Over my dead body.
Vinny: You like to renegotiate as you go along, huh? Okay then, here's my counteroffer: do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever-loving shit out of you?
J.T.: In your dreams.
Vinny: Oh, no, no, in reality. If I was to kick the shit outta ya, do I get the money?
JT: (contemplates this) If you kick the shit outta me...
Vinny: Yeah?
J.T.: ...then you get the money.[Some people weakly laugh. Vinny looks at a guy whose in a neck brace.]
Vinny: What happened? Rear-ended?
Guy: No, I fell.
Vinny: Oh. Okay, lets see if we agree on the terms. The choice now is: I get my ass kicked, or, option B: I kick your ass, and collect the $200. I'm goin with option B, (takes his coat off) kicking your ass and collectin' two-hundred dollars.
J.T.: Are we gonna fight now?
Vinny: Yeah, first let me see the money.
J.T.: I have the money.
Vinny: All right, show it to me.
J.T.: I can get it.
Vinny: You can get it? All right, go get it. Then we'll fight.

Slo
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Hahaha that's actually a pretty funny movie.

AOK303
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 03:26 PM
when is this race so i can DVR and watch it

Slo
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 03:31 PM
when is this race so i can DVR and watch it

Sept 25 http://www.worldsbk.com/en/calendar-e-circuits/imola.html

But as others think....I would be surprised if Ducati lets him (rossi) race.

Ghost
Tue Sep 6th, 2011, 04:47 PM
But as others think....I would be surprised if Ducati lets him (rossi) race.

Yeah, god knows they can't let Rossi ride something he could win on...:p

Sean
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 07:34 AM
That's just dumb...

ian22
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 12:16 PM
This is awesome! I can't imagine Ducati would let Rossi do it...there is really no point for them?? publicity for the brand???
Everyone knows that Rossi is one of the best motorcycle road racers of all time...but, can he beat a guy who has been racing that bike all year and winning(or doing well)?
I predict that this won't happen...but, if it does...I predict Checa wins.
Anyone else?
One big reason for me making this prediction is I can't see Rossi getting much seat time on the 1198R before that race, when Ducati needs him to concentrate on the GP11.

ian22
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM
One can only hope Biaggi's foot heals quickly and Ducati lets Rossi race....then that the two are locked in a battle with Checa and Melandri. What a race that'd be!