PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN!! 2001 Honda VFR 800 Lmtd Edition

01VFR-Rider
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM
This bike was last seen the night of Aug 23 in the neighborhood of Woodmen and Woodland Hills Drive. This not a "Sport Touring" bike, but rather only 1 of 6 later VFR's that Honda commisioned to race. This bike is equipped with a power commander module, Halo headlights, specialized VFR chain guard, Michelin Sport tires, race fairings by Rebull/Repsol with the base painted Marine Corps blue, specialized clear LED race rear tail light, clear turn signals, a chain license plate holder, Zero Gravity double bubble smoked windscreen with an inaugural Indianapolis Moto GP sticker on the upper left hand side and no mirrors. The bike was still in winterization at the time that it was stolen, the clutch needed to be changed along with a new battery, thermostat and sparkplugs, therefore, the bike will not start until these are changed out. Also, the gas tank needed to be repaired as it developed a leak on the right hand side due to pressure changes coming from Louisiana. The forks were locked and I have the only key that will fit said ignition. The license plate number of the bike was MC443150 and was due to expire in October of this year and was a Louisiana license plate. The VIN number on the motorcycle is JH2RC46071M300374.

This bike is of great sentimental value to me and my family and its return or information regarding its whereabouts would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I'd post a picture, but for some reason, I am unable to despite having repeatedly tried. I am met with server errors like crazy :( I'll keep trying to upload photos to go with this post. Thanks everyone.

grim
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 08:54 PM
This bike was last seen the night of Aug 23 in the neighborhood of Woodmen and Woodland Hills Drive. This not a "Sport Touring" bike, but rather only 1 of 6 later VFR's that Honda commisioned to race. This bike is equipped with a power commander module, Halo headlights, specialized VFR chain guard, Michelin Sport tires, race fairings by Rebull/Repsol with the base painted Marine Corps blue, specialized clear LED race rear tail light, clear turn signals, a chain license plate holder, Zero Gravity double bubble smoked windscreen with an inaugural Indianapolis Moto GP sticker on the upper left hand side and no mirrors. The bike was still in winterization at the time that it was stolen, the clutch needed to be changed along with a new battery, thermostat and sparkplugs, therefore, the bike will not start until these are changed out. Also, the gas tank needed to be repaired as it developed a leak on the right hand side due to pressure changes coming from Louisiana. The forks were locked and I have the only key that will fit said ignition. The license plate number of the bike was MC443150 and was due to expire in October of this year and was a Louisiana license plate. The VIN number on the motorcycle is JH2RC46071M300374.

This bike is of great sentimental value to me and my family and its return or information regarding its whereabouts would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I'd post a picture, but for some reason, I am unable to despite having repeatedly tried. I am met with server errors like crazy :( I'll keep trying to upload photos to go with this post. Thanks everyone.

Post the picture on photo bucket then copy and post the link.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 10:33 PM
best of luck

Must see photo as a fellow VFR owner

As mentioned, upload your pic to another photohost and copy the link here

Bashed
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 10:35 PM
This not a "Sport Touring" bike, but rather only 1 of 6 later VFR's that Honda commisioned to race.

First let me say I will keep an eye out for your bike. Stealing one's bike is liken to kipping your best friends girl, and not taken lightly around here.

This quote above has me a bit confused though. I have never heard of a 08 VFR commisioned to race by Honda. Could you give some more info on this. I have been quite the Honda fan over the years and this statement has captured my interest. What race series were these VFR's to compete in? Was this just an American thing, or did you bring this from oversea's?
What special HRC parts are installed? I know of some HRC RC51's and CBR600's, but know of no VFR's. There must be some way to validate this occurance.
Thanks for any insite into this.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Sep 7th, 2011, 10:48 PM
of a 08 VFR

typo or confusion?

Curious myself and hoped photos would shed some light.

but he said an '01 800, not an '08

dirkterrell
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 07:44 AM
The bike was still in winterization at the time that it was stolen

Maybe it ran away because of neglect. :) JK. I hope you get your bike back.

I am somewhat versed in the history of the VF/VFR, having ridden them since they came out nearly 30 years ago. I also have a growing collection of them. Like Bash, I have never heard of a street-going VFR of any generation from third on, 1990+, that was built by Honda to be a race bike. In 1990, Honda sent the VFR (i.e. the VFR750F) down the sport-touring path and that's the way it's been since. The RC30 (VFR750R) and RC45 (RVF750R) were the racing V4s. I would like to know more details about the specifics of your bike if it is indeed some special edition VFR that I've never heard about. I remember seeing a Craigslist ad a while back with very similar language and I got a chuckle out of it.

Bashed
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 07:52 AM
typo or confusion?

Curious myself and hoped photos would shed some light.

but he said an '01 800, not an '08

My mistake you are correct.
I hope he gets the bike returned in good condition.

Sean
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear it got jacked. It sounds like a pretty unique bike, hopefully it'll turn up.

01VFR-Rider
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll upload to photobucket tonight and try re-posting the pics that way.

Dirk, in 2007 when Honda had their big blowout and the anniversary edition of the VFR was released, Honda took 6 bikes from 2001 to 2007 (why they didn't start at 2000 I have no idea), with the last of course being the anniversary edition, and re-introduced them back into the race world to "prove" that the mighty, once champion VFR still "had it". They were supposed to race in the Isle of Man, though I don't know if they ever did (at least I know mine didn't), and made an appearance at the Indianapolis GP Moto Inaugural in 2008. The hoopla was short lived apparently and the VFR faded back into obscurity once again.
When I got the bike back from Honda, they removed 95% of the trackware from the bike, (though I did get to keep the fairings, power commander, exhaust, lights, chain guard and light weight anodized subframe :D) citing that the parts were not street legal :\ Gotta love corporations. But, I will say that that bike never ran better than when I got it back from them :D

I'll see if I can dig up some relevant links for you and Bashed to read up on.

sfarson
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Will keep the eyeballs peeled for this stolen bike. I ride an '01, and while there is nothing limited edition about it, it is so for me. Very special.

dirkterrell
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 11:42 AM

Please do.

thankgod
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Hope you get it back...I live in an apartment complex and I had seen these dudes walking around my bike at 12:00am the other night...I walked out there and asked them if they needed help and they walked away...granted I had my G37 with HP's on my side.:sniper:And a Mini14 in my closet.

veteran_80
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Very few things in this world lower than a thief. Hope you get your bike back and the piece of sh%# who stole it get his nuts beat by a club with nails in it....

Ghost
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I'm definitely waiting on pics, not that I think I'll ever see this bike on the street, but just because I didn't even know it existed...

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 10:16 PM
http://vfrworld.com/photos/data/827/useless.gif

grim
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM
http://vfrworld.com/photos/data/827/useless.gif

How long did it take you to do that?

Ghost
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 10:20 PM

About 3,950 results (0.70 seconds)

Google...

(though one of the links it found for "TTIWWOP" was: http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/5086/girls34dc.jpg possibly NSFW)

grim
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 10:24 PM
About 3,950 results (0.70 seconds)

Google...

(though one of the links it found for "TTIWWOP" was: http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/5086/girls34dc.jpg possibly NSFW)

That didn't answer my question smart arse!

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Sep 9th, 2011, 07:38 AM

Took me just a few moments to steal it from VFRworld - my conscience is clear however considering this is a VFR thread.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 08:25 PM
so this whole thing was a farce?

birchyboy
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Maybe it was ImortalUK!

dirkterrell
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 08:07 AM

Still waiting... :wait:

But no logins since that post so I'm not holding my breath. It's looking more and more like my initial reaction of "bullshit" was right.

grim
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Maybe it was ImortalUK!

Imortal doesn't ride a Vfr

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 10:28 AM
http://images.media.nscdn.com/index.php?src=http://media.nscdn.com/uploads/member/pictures/1231131647sarcasmmetergif&size=400x1000

Bashed
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 11:29 AM
[SomeQUOTE=dirkterrell;614694]Still waiting... :wait:

But no logins since that post so I'm not holding my breath. It's looking more and more like my initial reaction of "bullshit" was right.[/QUOTE]

Some people will tell a great story to sell a bike.
Some people will belive a great story when buying a bike.
Some same people will relive said story to whomever will listen.
Dirk, as I, perfer facts to storytelling.

dirkterrell
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Some people will tell a great story to sell a bike.
Some people will belive a great story when buying a bike.

Yeah, I remember seeing that same text in a Craigslist ad a while back, laughed and moved on to the next ad. This is just the same recycled bullshit.

If anyone on this board is ever looking at a VFR to buy, I'll be happy to look it over and help out in the decision making process. The VFR is an awesome machine but it is not (from 3rd generation, on) a race bike.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 11:50 AM
The VFR is an awesome machine but it is not (from 3rd generation, on) a race bike.

now ya tell me

Aracheon
Thu Sep 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM
The VFR is an awesome machine but it is not (from 3rd generation, on) a race bike.

I knew I was doing something wrong... :D

sfarson
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 12:06 AM

But sure does thrill. http://www.farson.com/smiley/nod.gif

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 07:48 AM
it's racy when you put a super charger kit on it.

http://www.aaperf.com/vfrkit-gen6.html

longrider
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 08:32 AM

Is that a problem?? That is my biggest issue with sportbikes is how they have evolved into racebikes with lights. Consider that maybe 10% of sportbikes are ever ridden at a race pace and maybe 1% are ridden exclusively at a race pace this marketing decision while it may sell some bikes it shuts out riders such as myself that dont do track days, ride a reasonable pace in the canyons, like to do 500+ mile days but dont want a full on ST like a Concours or VFR1200. That is where the VFR800 fit in perfectly and fortunately there is now the Ninja 1000

dirkterrell
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Is that a problem??

Not for me, and a of other people too. I was just addressing the OP's claim that Honda had taken some VFRs and turned them into race bikes. The VFR is a great street bike. It can be a decent track day bike. But it is not a bike that anyone with a lick of sense would choose as a race bike.