PDA

View Full Version : Continental Divide Ride

bodhizafa
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 01:32 AM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/bodhizafa99/GDTeve.jpg

Heading off with a bud tomorrow to ride the Continental Divide Trail. Riding up to Banff, then mostly dirt roads/trails back to Colorado .... won't have enough time to go all the way to Mexico :(

Here is the SPOT shared page I set up. Hope it works haven't tried it yet.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0lHnUptSXDWhWDjaNINuMdg2y5Tf8nJ DI

Wish me luck :cheers:

fasterlaster
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Enjoy that twin on some back roads. What tires are you running on that?

mtnairlover
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Wow! Stay warm...and enjoy the trip.

Sean
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I should be on this trip! :doublefinger:

Enjoy that twin on some back roads. What tires are you running on that?He had TKC's front and back, but the rear will be shot by the time he gets to Calgary. The tire he's carrying with him is a Kenda Big Block.

cptschlongenheimer
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 08:26 AM
He had TKC's front and back, but the rear will be shot by the time he gets to Calgary. The tire he's carrying with him is a Kenda Big Block.

Sean= Dirt Nerd
:D

Sean
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Sean= Dirt Nerd True. But also, Jay (Bodhizafa) is one of my best friends and I was actually supposed to go on this ride with him and Rob, it just didn't work out. That's actually how I know what tires he's using.

asp_125
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Epic! Stay safe, take pics.

Jelly-C. :(

cptschlongenheimer
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 08:59 AM
True. But also, Jay (Bodhizafa) is one of my best friends and I was actually supposed to go on this ride with him and Rob, it just didn't work out. That's actually how I know what tires he's using.

Cool. I really was just lashing out (at bystanders no less) 'cause I'm jealous too. :)

bodhizafa
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys. Yup those are TKC's and a Kenda ...which I think is made of cast iron, can't wait to change it :o

JohnEffinK
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Have a great trip and ride!

If you have a cell phone - be cautious. Me and my buddy got raped with roaming charges in Canada on our AK run....of course it is my fault because I never checked coverage/fees prior to departure.

John

Sean
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM
In case anybody cares, Bodhizafa's SPOT is on and they headed out around noon today. There is also a thread on ADVrider that Rob/Jay will be updating along the way. Link (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693161&page=4)

This way people stuck in a cubicle, hating life, like me, can at least watch and daydream.

grim
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 01:46 PM
In case anybody cares, Bodhizafa's SPOT is on and they headed out around noon today. There is also a thread on ADVrider that Rob/Jay will be updating along the way. Link (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693161&page=4)

This way people stuck in a cubicle, hating life, like me, can at least watch and daydream.

Its like I am there but I am not...Just sitting in my office wishing i was!

Sean
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Its like I am there but I am not...Just sitting in my office wishing i was!We just all experienced another deep thought, by Grim...

grim
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 01:56 PM
We just all experienced another deep thought, by Grim...

"sigh" Any deeper and things....well they start getting a little funky.:zap:

grim
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Looks Like He stopped just a few minutes of Frontier Oil Refinery in WY!

Sean
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah, not sure why they stopped in Cheyenne for so long. Maybe something was almost falling off of the bike (already) or to pick up a copy of Brokeback mountain (an "explorer's" guide for two men in the wilderness)?

grim
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Yeah, not sure why they stopped in Cheyenne for so long. Maybe something was almost falling off of the bike (already) or to pick up a copy of Brokeback mountain (an "explorer's" guide for two men in the wilderness)?

I was leaning more towards perhaps they were going to get some fresh oil from the refinery. But I guess there's that also :lol:

thankgod
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Nice f800...if I were to get a BMdub...that'll be the one.:leghump:

Bashed
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Good luck and have fun.
I am running the Kenda Big Block on the ADV-Strom and liked it right till it wore out in 2k miles. But then I run Weston Pass at 60 mph and South Park gravel county roads @ 90 mph. And then I wonder why the tires don't last???

And remember, it's not an adventure if you stay in your comfort zone.
You may quote that.

bodhizafa
Fri Sep 9th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Looks Like He stopped just a few minutes of Frontier Oil Refinery in WY!

Didnt notice any rifinery.....but we ate lunch in Cheyenne.

bodhizafa
Fri Sep 9th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Good luck and have fun.
I am running the Kenda Big Block on the ADV-Strom and liked it right till it wore out in 2k miles. But then I run Weston Pass at 60 mph and South Park gravel county roads @ 90 mph. And then I wonder why the tires don't last???

And remember, it's not an adventure if you stay in your comfort zone.
You may quote that.

I heard they dont last long but it was really cheap.

grim
Fri Sep 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Didnt notice any rifinery.....but we ate lunch in Cheyenne.

From where it looked like you stopped you would have had to keep going east through the residential neighborhood and the refinery was just past it.

bodhizafa
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Day 6
Almost all dirt
Great time so far, I'll post pics when I get back:)

fasterlaster
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Day 6
Almost all dirt

You big tease! Glad it's been good so far and look fwd to seeing those photos.

Sean
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 03:25 PM
You big tease! Glad it's been good so far and look fwd to seeing those photos.Seriously, he's just rubbing our faces in it! That lil' bastard. :scream2:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Have fun, take pics, and be safe!

Bashed
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Day 6
Almost all dirt

Sounds like a great ride, we expect a RR with pics.

bodhizafa
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Pics and some good vids! So far 1 crash, 1 scary night hearing noises, 1 truck side swiped, and a ton of sweet riding (all bikes and people ok) :)

Bashed
Fri Sep 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Pics and some good vids! So far 1 crash, 1 scary night hearing noises, 1 truck side swiped, and a ton of sweet riding (all bikes and people ok) :)

Now that sounds like an Adventure!
Still waiting for some pictures.........

bodhizafa
Sun Sep 18th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Just got back I've got to go thru the pics and vids.

bodhizafa
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Ride report

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42593

:)