PDA

View Full Version : Bandimere 9/18 Motorcycle Challenge

fisher1175
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:40 PM
If anyone signs up through Grand Prix Motor Sports they will provide lunch and a one off t shirt printed for the event. They will also have a tent and help any beginners out with help they might need. There will be trophies within the Grand Prix group along with the Bandimere trophies awarded.
You can run any type of motorcycle, scooter, or just about anything with 2 wheels (or four wheels incase of the ATV class) and a motor. So any level of experience (including none) or motorcycle is more than welcome to come out and have a great time.

You can give them a call to sign up at 303-761-2471 or email at grandprixmotorsports.com. They just need a name, email or phone number, and t shirt size as far as info.

Motorcycle Challenge

http://www.bandimere.com/illustrations/Motorcycle.jpg Event for all Motorcycles, plus ATV's and Snowmobiles!

Dates:
Sunday, September 18, 2011

MOTORCYCLE CHALLENGE

FEATURES
* DRAG BIKES
* QUICK 8
* STREET BIKES
* ATV's on the 1/8th MILE
* SNOWMOBILE ON ASPHALT

ADMISSION
Street Bike: $30
Pro Bike: $50
ATV: $30
Snowmobile: $40
Adult GA: $14
Child (12 & under): free

* Quick 8 pays additional $10 at tech.

SCHEDULE
Gates Open: 8:00 am
Time Trials: 8:00 am
Rider Clinic: 9:00 am
Eliminations: 11:30 am

RACE CLASSES
STREET BIKE
- Two classes: 7.50-12.50 seconds & 12.51 & Slower
- Must have DOT tires. Any exhaust permitted.
- Trophies to winner, runner-up, semi-finalists, and quarter-finalists.

QUICK 8
- Quickest 8 Motorcycles in the Steet Bike qualifying.
- Rider pays additional $10 at tech.
- Payout - $300 to winner, $150 to runner-up, and $75 to semi-finalists.
- Trophies to winner, runner-up, and semi-finalists.

PRO BIKE
- Open to drag bikes running 7.50 - 13.80 seconds
- Payout - $350 to winner, $175 to runner-up, and $80 to semi-finalists.

ATV
- All ATV's must meet NHRA requirements.
- All run on 1/8th mile.

DOUG'S BALANCING SNOWMOBILE SERIES
- See series webpage for rules.

SPONSORS
Grand Prix Motorsports (http://www.grandprixmotorsports.com/)
Vickery Motorsports (http://www.vickerymotorsports.com/)

usmcab35
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
what are the rules on what you must have as far as gear?

Jmetz
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
T-shirt, shorts, flip flops, and aviators.

fisher1175
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:52 PM

Nice!

usmcab35
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM

I was hoping for a bananna hammock, crocks and a fresh bikinni wax haha

fisher1175
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Gear requirements are pretty simple if your not going to break 120MPH. Helmet snell approved within the last 5 years, leather gloves, and boots above the ankles. Jeans or textile pants will work also.
Now if your talking over 120MPH (Busa, ZX14 and most liter bikes will break that speed in a qaurter mile), then you will have to wear full leathers.

OUTLAWD
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:56 PM
anyone have some aviators I could borrow...I'd be down for some fun runs...but will be at PPIR

fisher1175
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I was hoping for a bananna hammock, crocks and a fresh bikinni wax haha

That outfit might work on a scooter. Gaper style on the dragstrip!

Jmetz
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 03:01 PM
That outfit might work on a scooter. Gaper style on the dragstrip!

I will pay the entry fee and supply the scooter if someone runs like that.

usmcab35
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM
i was thinking of bringing the busa, hmm seems i need to find some leathers..

fisher1175
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 03:08 PM
It is bracket racing in the street class, so the finals last year were two women. One on a scooter and another on a harley. So that money might be well spent if you can get a hot chick on that scooter!

fisher1175
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM
i was thinking of bringing the busa, hmm seems i need to find some leathers..

You will need some leathers for sure. I have my R1, but I might be able to borrow a Busa for a day:leghump:

servion
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Is the quick 8 still a bracket class? What about pro, is that heads-up?

fisher1175
Thu Sep 8th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I think that the quick 8 is still a bracket class. There is a dial in time for the quick 8. The pro is the same also. I don't think that anything is heads up in any class. Trying to see if they will let a ranger rzr run in the ATV class, but Bandimere is not too fast on returning calls right now.

Husky
Fri Sep 9th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Gear requirements are pretty simple if your not going to break 120MPH. Helmet snell approved within the last 5 years, leather gloves, and boots above the ankles. Jeans or textile pants will work also.
Now if your talking over 120MPH (Busa, ZX14 and most liter bikes will break that speed in a qaurter mile), then you will have to wear full leathers.

The helmets need to be snell approved 2000 or newer and all bikes must have a chain guard and working rear tail lights. Just an FYI had a friend got into the finals and got disqualified on a techicality of his tail light not working. Also if your bike runs 10.99 of faster (and many do) you need to have a lanyard engine kill switch on your bike or you will not pass tech and if you get through tech and later run quicker than 10.99 they will stop you from running. This is a very fun event but these small items can ruin your day if not in place. Some bikes will run 9.99 and quicker and than you need to have a NHRA lic. and or if your bike runs 135mph or faster you will need to have a NHRA lic.

fisher1175
Fri Sep 9th, 2011, 11:45 AM
The helmets need to be snell approved 2000 or newer and all bikes must have a chain guard and working rear tail lights. Just an FYI had a friend got into the finals and got disqualified on a techicality of his tail light not working. Also if your bike runs 10.99 of faster (and many do) you need to have a lanyard engine kill switch on your bike or you will not pass tech and if you get through tech and later run quicker than 10.99 they will stop you from running. This is a very fun event but these small items can ruin your day if not in place. Some bikes will run 9.99 and quicker and than you need to have a NHRA lic. and or if your bike runs 135mph or faster you will need to have a NHRA lic.

Good info! I would assume though that 98% of any sportbikes not lowered, stretched, or strapped down at altitude would not break those times and speeds. I could be wrong on that assumption though. Also I don't think that most of us going are that exerienced (me included). So I don't think that I will be launching that fast for the sake of my clutch. Plus looping out in front of a bunch of people doesn't sound like much fun either. I'm just going to try and be consistent and have some fun.

Sticky 296
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Anybody going to take a Super-moto down? I am thinking about a DRZ400SM. Thinking you can run those lill guys pretty consistant.

It is not to late to sign up with Grand Prix. If you are on the fence still give us a call and so we can put you on a list to get a Tee shirt and lunch. This does not commit you to anything. Just tryin to get a count to order shirts.

If you have any questions give me a call!!

See you there Chris

303-532-2929

Hibs
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Hope to see everyone there! Should be a good time

Scuba_Steve
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I'm looking forward to it! Weather forcast looks GREAT! (http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/80465)