PDA

View Full Version : I would like to congratulate bertha

Anonymous
Sun Jun 5th, 2005, 10:46 PM
If you're gonna dump your shit on the start, and embed your footpeg into the asphalt, at least do it 10 feet away from 20 of your closest friends so we can all watch! :up: :lol: Sorry about your bike bro, hope the arm isn't hurting too bad.

Also hope you're feeling better Mike C, I see you're online which considering your ribs is admirable. I'd be taking full advantage of pain killers by now...

Lots of wrecks today, but fortunately no serious injuries. A couple rides back in the ambulance for some folks but no transports, so the day definitely could have done worse. A bit odd seeing Turpin dump it in the house, since he just doesn't seem to wreck much. I am also f'n tired of mud!!!!

Bueller
Sun Jun 5th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Quite the crash fest for sure today, I was happy to not contribute to that stat :yay:
Big thanks to the corner crews who stood in the rain yesterday, and picked up a crap load of racers today :up: You guys/gals are great!
But I gotta say Dysco and King whoeva are totally :gay:

Mel
Sun Jun 5th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Well, since this was the first time I had made it out for the local races, it was quite interesting. Saw a few wrecks close up (that really sucks Bertha, and your bike was a bitch to try and push back to your tent...glad Canuck did 90% of the work :lol: ).

Saw normally cool people lose their cool, mostly at themselves. Talked to quite a few people, sunburned my shoulders (again, though I am sure I will keep my dermatologist and oncologist in business). Thanks for the sunscreen Tania! I shoulda come to visit you like an hour earlier, but hey....

Found that most of the racers are really cool, and they helped me find a happy place for my bike and a can for the kickstand to sit on. And then I moved my bike...and discovered that Suki does fit on the back, even with the cowl on! :lol:

Bertha
Sun Jun 5th, 2005, 11:26 PM
hehe Yeah... I've gotta stop doing that! It was a good launch just went for more and gave too much gas... really pissed off at myself, but all n all I didn't really blow up. My leathers took a nice digger but they were old and I was JUST talking about getting new leathers before that race.

Here my yummy arm!

I'll see you all out at SCR *thou I wont be racing* But La Junta I hope to be back!

Wahooman
Sun Jun 5th, 2005, 11:35 PM
There for a minute Josh I thought I was watching the MRA school again...hehe. Glad you walked away, but it was sure sight to see your bike flying out from under ya. Arm will heal, new leathers bought, and you will be out on the Kawi right :D
The day was good and HOT from the previous day. Saw some great racing action...seemed to be a lot more "rubbin" going into turn one than usual, probably due to the fact running clockwise.
I thought the best thing was when #50 (don't know name) and Brian from TK #38 got tangled up in the rats nest. #50 jumped up and I thought was going to try to start a fight. Ambulance crew had to hold him back as he jumped up and down with his temper. I think he apologized in the end but it was funny to watch at first.
Cornerworkes definetely had their work cut out for them, good job team.
When did Turpin go down? Must have been after I left....one of the last races?
See everyone at CDR!

cu360r6
Sun Jun 5th, 2005, 11:59 PM
I'm a bit slow on this one. Were you the one that looped it at the start of one of the novice races? If so I've got a great pic of your bike at about 85 degrees back with only your feet showing on either side. I hope your bike and you are ok.

Mel
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 12:00 AM
CDR is over Fathers day...I am working on a plan to get to that one to watch :devil2:

Ooohhh, and post the pics up, if it is ok with Bertha!

Project Sh*tbox
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 01:14 AM
I'm a bit slow on this one. Were you the one that looped it at the start of one of the novice races? If so I've got a great pic of your bike at about 85 degrees back with only your feet showing on either side. I hope your bike and you are ok.

POST THAT SH*T RIGHT NOW!

-ASC

BlueDevil
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 06:11 AM
There was a ton O crashes. Im glad everyone is ok.... Well at least not missing anything they came with.

japrules
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 06:32 AM
I had a great time watching you guys... there was some tight racing this weekend, at times i was glad to be spectating.. good job too especially Bertha! :)

jap

friscokidd
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 07:04 AM
...and discovered that Suki does fit on the back, even with the cowl on! :lol:

and I have a pic to prove it tooo. All in all this weekend was fun. And glad your ok Josh, that was a site to see from way back in the fookin 12 row :x but it wasnt worse. And thanks to the cornerworker(s) who found my damer. Dont know how the fook that shit came off, but it did, so THANK YOU! Oh and thanks to bueller for the spare shif tube ;)

bulldog
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Glad your ok Josh :)

I'm pretty sure someone had a short clip of the loop yesterday at the races. Maybe he can get a "Hoopty" avatar now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Polar X
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Glad you got up and joked with the crowd. my wife was there to watch me for the first time ( I thought she was gonna puke :) ) so what was the first race we go and watch??? you and the super wheelie :o she looked at me and said thats the end of your racing. I pointed out that you were none the worse for wear and the bike was just plastic damage.... little did she know. glad you are ok, and thanks for the show. ;)

Hoopty
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 09:29 AM
:lol: Nice work, Bertha. :lol:

What do you know, we are heading into week 4 and Hoopty still has not gone down! :o

Mista Black
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 09:33 AM
A bit odd seeing Turpin dump it in the house, since he just doesn't seem to wreck much. I am also f'n tired of mud!!!!

i was waiting for the red flag call... i was thinkin "he couldn't have went down!! surely they'd red flag it if he went down!!" :lol:

glad the weekend was not serious (bad) for anyone. get well soon josh, mike and jim (and everyone else who bit it) :up:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 09:34 AM

What do you know, we are heading into week 4 and Hoopty still has not gone down! :o

Poor Ashli...

japrules
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 09:40 AM
[/quote]

Poor Ashli...[/quote]

:lol: awesome!

Anonymous
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 09:42 AM
I thought the best thing was when #50 (don't know name) and Brian from TK #38 got tangled up in the rats nest. #50 jumped up and I thought was going to try to start a fight. Ambulance crew had to hold him back as he jumped up and down with his temper. I think he apologized in the end but it was funny to watch at first.

Slightly less funny when his dad ran across a hot track to join in the pissing match. :|

When did Turpin go down? Must have been after I left....one of the last races?

Heavyweight Superbike. Lost the front on the brakes in the house turn. Bike wasn't bad, Schellinger was able to ride it back in.

Hoopty
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Who is #50, Jake L? I was following him around a bit in practice I think, he's normally a great rider but he was riding pretty strange, taking weird lines, weaving... :wtf: I didn't hear about his dad though. :wtf: X2

AshliRider44
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 10:03 AM

Poor Ashli...

:lol: :oops:

Hoopty
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 10:06 AM
:shock: :oops:

Anonymous
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Josh, glad you're ok (relatively speaking). BTW, it's CDR you're going to miss (you said SCR). :D

I spoke to Mike (RSVR4aCowboy), and he went to the ER last night. He's got 1 broken rib and a fractured pinky. :| I'm just glad it wasn't worse. His brakes locked up on him when approaching the 88's. Not sure why, but from his explanation, it went from free-spinning to locked. It almost sounds as if he had a problem with his brakes, but that's just my impression.

After that AO race I guess there should be a little less Novice bashing about lines and such after a Novice got TBoned by an Expert trying to take advantage of the Novice.... in turn 1 :|I think I may have heard a different version of that story - that the expert was already passed (on the inside), and the novice turned in & hit him, taking them both out. :dunno"

Who is #50, Jake L?:yes:

Here's the pics of Bertha looping it at the school:
[web:7013d77d9f]http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=160[/web:7013d77d9f]

BlueDevil
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I had the best seat in the house on that one...... That is most deffinately NOT the case.

Lurch
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 04:01 PM

WOW such a bold statement right before we go to CDR. I wish you the best or second place. :D

Oh and Josh my buddie got a nice series of photos of your Loopty De Hoopty.

Your arm damage was caused by the foot peg of the bike next to you. Nice way to try and meet the ladies in the MRA.

Lurch

nileator01
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I missed this, but those pictures are awesome!

Can someone please explain to me why there is no body work on Bertha's bike?

Anonymous
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Can someone please explain to me why there is no body work on Bertha's bike?
Not sure if they were still being painted, or if he was saving crashing them for a real race (the pics I posted are from the race school last year). :D

Hoopty
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 04:30 PM
CDR scares Hoopty. :shock:

Suki
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Bertha, glad you are okay. You definitely scared the shit out of me but i was glad to see you get up and make a joke about it as usual :)

Mel, thanks for the uh lift??? Sorry about pressing my boobs into your back, wasn't sure of where to hold on to so i just put my hands on the tank :lol:

Awesome day, as always and glad to see everyone make it off the track :)

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I'd like to thank Bertha for putting one more broke ass Honda in my garage :shock:

I love Honda :evil:

Anonymous
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 05:15 PM
:spit: :lol:

Bertha
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 05:35 PM
The crash in video (www.denvercs.net/scr/crash.AVI)

Video of the oops!

Bertha
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 05:55 PM
The crash in pics (www.denvercs.net/crash.gif)

Jenny
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Nice way to try and meet the ladies in the MRA

What's that supposed to mean, Lurch?!

Notto: :lol: :lol: :D

Mel
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Wow, nice pics, whoever took those....

Wahooman
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Damn....video really puts it into perspective. From the stand it didn't appear to be that fast, but you hit pretty good. Again glad things are alright for the most part.
Also, I haven't checked other posts yet, but Mike went down? (Cowboy) Again this must have happened after I left because he was walking around when I left. Sorry to hear that Mike.....hope all is well.

King Nothing
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 09:01 PM

and I have a pic to prove it tooo. All in all this weekend was fun. And glad your ok Josh, that was a site to see from way back in the fookin 12 row :x but it wasnt worse. And thanks to the cornerworker(s) who found my damer. Dont know how the fook that shit came off, but it did, so THANK YOU! Oh and thanks to bueller for the spare shif tube ;)BWAHAHAHA! That was you?! You were wavin' as you rode by and then all of a sudden that thing just fell off and rolled about 30 feet on the track. Dysco was trying to keep it, BTW! :321:

Dysco
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 09:40 PM

and I have a pic to prove it tooo. All in all this weekend was fun. And glad your ok Josh, that was a site to see from way back in the fookin 12 row :x but it wasnt worse. And thanks to the cornerworker(s) who found my damer. Dont know how the fook that shit came off, but it did, so THANK YOU! Oh and thanks to bueller for the spare shif tube ;)BWAHAHAHA! That was you?! You were wavin' as you rode by and then all of a sudden that thing just fell off and rolled about 30 feet on the track. Dysco was trying to keep it, BTW! :321:

Whatever- you were trying to call dibs, too. I just pulled rank :D

King Nothing
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 09:43 PM
once again, :321:

T-byrd
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Damn Bertha! :shock: Glad you're relatively ok, looked pretty wicked.

Tanya

Turtle
Mon Jun 6th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Glad you are ok & glad your bike didn't take me out. I just waited for it to stop tumbling & spinning to get past it.
That was crazy seeing a bike straight up next to me on the start.
Once again Bertha glad your ok.

cu360r6
Tue Jun 7th, 2005, 12:46 AM
I'm glad you're ok. You carried that bike a long ways before going over. Most people just pop it on the start like in Hoopty's avatar.

I didn't know what was going on that race. I was third comming out of the first turn, and then I saw a red flag. The two guys in front of me (Dion and someone else) just kept racing, so I thought I'd be a fool to slow down for a false alarm and lose 10 positions, but luckly the guys behind me also played it safe by slowing down.

Dysco
Tue Jun 7th, 2005, 12:53 AM
If one red flag goes up, they all go up. If you see a waving flag, that's the final word for better or worse.

Hoopty
Tue Jun 7th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Most people just pop it on the start like in Hoopty's avatar.

Leave Hoopty out of this! :x :lol:

Sully
Tue Jun 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM
OMG :shock: .... I'm glad you are ok Bertha.. If you need anything.. you know where I am...

Bueller
Tue Jun 7th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Most people just pop it on the start like in Hoopty's avatar.

Leave Hoopty out of this! :x :lol:
Your a freakin' role model :doublefinger:

JT_42
Tue Jun 7th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Glad your alright......

The only pictures of me on the track are of me trying not to hit you....
Nice.

Glad your not hurt.

James