PDA

View Full Version : [E Met] 9-26-11 HPR Lapping day barbeque get together

Slo
Fri Sep 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM
So a few of us have already planned on going to HPR on Sept 26th (monday) for a bike only lapping day. There is another thread to get in on a lapping day card (slightly discounted).

This thread is being made for the barbeque at the track. I will bring a small barbeque along with water needed to extinguish any hot charcoal we have left. Another barbeque wouldn't hurt to have.... A couple others have commited to bringing other things like drinks and snacks....whatever. If you have something you are willing to bring, post up and I will keep this thread updated.

Looks to be a good day for riding but for getting to know each other and have a good time out there. Anyone not riding, just wants to check out HPR and meet others is very welcome to join in the fun!!!!

Slo - charcoal (two bags), 2 packs hotdogs 10-12 or so burgers
TouchRedCorvette (Mel) - "snackies like chips" and cooler full of ice
Buddahson - "sides, plates, plasticware etc"
Rybo - water, Gatorade (g2) and powerade, big cooler
Reyven - buns dessert
Sully - napkins and carrot cake bars
OutLawd - more charcoal and some meats
Ghost - ketchup/mustard & pickles
SneakyHonda - drinks
TechnoJoe - DONUTS!!!!
TrinityPoweder - Birthday suit
ock1 - beef patties n buns

TorchRedCorvette
Fri Sep 9th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I'll make a Sam's Club run for G2 Gatorade, water, and snackies like chips... so put me down for that stuff.

buddahson
Sat Sep 10th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I'm going to be a bit of a last minute decision on this trackday. I want to know what the weather will be like so I won't know until a few days before. That said, I love the bbq idea and want to help. As long as the weather holds out, I'm in. Space is limited in the truck so I can't bring my grill but can help with sides, plates, plasticware etc.

Also, I'll probably get a carport if available. If anyone wants to split it, let me know.

rybo
Sun Sep 11th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I'll make a Sam's Club run for G2 Gatorade, water, and snackies like chips... so put me down for that stuff.

I have a bunch of water, Gatorade (g2) and powerade left over from Chicane last week. If you haven't already gone shopping, don't buy any. I have TONS.

I'll bring a big cooler too.

Scott

Reyven
Sun Sep 11th, 2011, 11:30 AM
we can bring some meat and/or buns. burgers, dogs, brats etc

TorchRedCorvette
Sun Sep 11th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I have a bunch of water, Gatorade (g2) and powerade left over from Chicane last week. If you haven't already gone shopping, don't buy any. I have TONS.

I'll bring a big cooler too.

Scott

Got it! I will bring another cooler full of ice-- I have a bunch of ice left over from a party. I'm still good for chips and such.

rybo
Sun Sep 11th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks Melanie! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Scott

Slo
Mon Sep 12th, 2011, 01:24 PM
updated list of .....stuff for the 26th

Reyven
Mon Sep 12th, 2011, 01:33 PM
hehehehehe, reyven and rey are the same person :D

and since you seem to have most of the meat covered, i can change to buns and some dessert. we all need extra fructose fuel.

OUTLAWD
Mon Sep 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Reyven - meat and/or buns. burgers, dogs, brats etc
Ray Bakke - TBD

:lol: same person

EDIT: ninjad

I can bring something I suppose...what else is needed?

The GECCO
Mon Sep 12th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I will bring a small barbeque along with water needed to extinguish any hot charcoal we have left. Another barbeque wouldn't hurt to have....

There's a large (made from a 55 gallon drum) charcoal BBQ at the track. Bring a couple bags of charcoal and fire it up in the morning, it'll be ready to go at lunch.

Reyven
Mon Sep 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM

oooooooh yeah! how'd that one feel?!? :devious:

Slo
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 09:20 AM
There's a large (made from a 55 gallon drum) charcoal BBQ at the track. Bring a couple bags of charcoal and fire it up in the morning, it'll be ready to go at lunch.

Awesome, will do so and thanks for the heads up!!!!

I can bring something I suppose...what else is needed?

hehehehehe, reyven and rey are the same person :D

and since you seem to have most of the meat covered, i can change to buns and some dessert. we all need extra fructose fuel.

Damnit, my kung-fu is a fail......

Ghost
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hmm, can we combine some of these threads? I'm getting lost trying to find them all. :p

Anything else needed?

Slo
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM
maybe ketchup/mustard?

Reyven
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:39 PM
pickles!!!!! :D

OUTLAWD
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I can pick up some charcoal and some more grilling meats...any requests?

Ghost
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:45 PM
maybe ketchup/mustard?

pickles!!!!! :D

Ok, I'll grab some.

Dunno, is pizza a meat? :p

Guess just something we don't have already?

Reyven
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:48 PM

brats? chicken? pork, isnt that the other white meat? how many people do we even have so far?

Ok, I'll grab some.

Yay!!

Ghost
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:59 PM
brats? chicken? pork

All sound good!

isnt that the other white meat?

*snicker*

how many people do we even have so far?

11 showing on the lapping day card thread.

Slo
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
+ couple of non-riders....one of mine may be doing the grilling.

Since most of you that are newer on here than 2008' haven't seen my infamous culinary video. We are better off with me doing no cooking.

Sully
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM
You gonna make a turkey, JAY? :lol:

rybo
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I've got at least a couple more riders coming from the MRA that aren't on here- should I ask them to bring stuff or can I ask someone to buy some extra food and I'll have them bring $$ to fund this unofficial CSC picnic with?

s

tecknojoe
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I would love to do this track day if I can find someone to trailer my R6. Anyone have open space for an MRA corner worker??

How about I bring some breakfast since there's a bunch of lunch food covered already? Donuts?

Ghost
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I've got at least a couple more riders coming from the MRA that aren't on here- should I ask them to bring stuff or can I ask someone to buy some extra food and I'll have them bring $$ to fund this unofficial CSC picnic with?

s

They can bring the $40 bison steaks. :p

j/k

whichever works easiest for everyone...

Slo
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 09:00 AM

s

I will pick up some extra burgers and hotdogs.... no money needed, just tell them to be ready to eat.

Hey Dave, wanna bring out some burgers and hotdogs? With the both of us purchasing, there will be plenty.

I would love to do this track day if I can find someone to trailer my R6. Anyone have open space for an MRA corner worker??

How about I bring some breakfast since there's a bunch of lunch food covered already? Donuts?

Breakfast sounds awesome....who can bring joe and his bike out??? My trailer will be full already.

Reyven
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Breakfast sounds awesome....who can bring joe and his bike out??? My trailer will be full already.

breakfast does sound good. but I'm already mooching space from someone.

maybe we can get a better idea just before the weekend, then I can plan appropriately. that whole bun to dog ratio is killer.

OUTLAWD
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I don't plan...I will be stopping at the supermarket in Bennett picking up supplies at 6am :lol:

Reyven
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I don't plan...I will be stopping at the supermarket in Bennett picking up supplies at 6am :lol:

turns out I was talking about me, so you can carry on as normal

rybo
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks Jay and everyone else

Weather is looking great 80 and sunny for next monday- -should be a great day!

Ghost
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Just a thought--anyone bringing tables and chairs for this or will the HPR tent pavilion thing be available to use?

Bueller
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Yea Glenn said we can use the big BBQ that is there and the Pavilion is always open. The weather is looking great!

hcr25
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 02:17 PM

What part of town you in? If you can get your bike and gear to my house in Denver I will bring it out for you.
Mike

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 02:20 PM
What part of town you in? If you can get your bike and gear to my house in Denver I will bring it out for you.
Mike

I think I just squeezed in with Bueller. If somethin happens I can let you know, but looks like I'm set for now.

Thanks all, I'm glad I'll be able to get at least one more day in before winter

Sully
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 08:49 AM
Since Bueller doesn't want to hear about cookies and ketchup in his lapping card thread, gah, I can't imagine why :lol:... Sooo anyway, I will bring napkins and I just found a healthy recipe for carrot cake bars, so I will make those and bring along! :yumyum: (If they last that long) :oops:

Reyven
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Since Bueller doesn't want to hear about cookies and ketchup in his lapping card thread, gah, I can't imagine why :lol:... Sooo anyway, I will bring napkins and I just found a healthy recipe for carrot cake bars, so I will make those and bring along! :yumyum: (If they last that long) :oops:

I can't imagine why either :) other than being kind of annoying, it kept bringing the thread back to the top, and we got to talk about yumminess. Oh well. Like he said, get off the lawn.

Slo
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
barbeque list updated!!

Bueller
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
I am now going to start whoring this thread up! :lol:

UglyDogRacing
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:31 AM
If I can get my bike back together tonight or tomorrow I will try to make it.

Slo
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
I am now going to start whoring this thread up! :lol:

Farmers Almanac lol

If I can get my bike back together tonight or tomorrow I will try to make it.

Not sure if you could use an extra hand, but if so, let me know Jim, would be good to have you out there.

Jmetz
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
I might come out and watch for a bit. If I do I'll bring those gloves if you still want them Slo.

Slo
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
I'm good on the gloves, thanks anyway Jmetz, come on out and have fun with the barbeque with us!!!

trinitypowder
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Anybody bringing whiskey:rock::viking: What else can we possibly need????? I'm looking forward to meeting some more of you weirdos:loop:

mdub
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
whiskey and beer....hahahahah awesome

trinitypowder
Thu Sep 22nd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Glenn.............pretend you didn't read that:sleeping:It's my birthday Monday and Ian22 so, maybe, just maybe, a little bubbly is in order:happybday:

ock1
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I can bring a couple more beef patties & buns. I may need to hand off the meat in the morning to someone with a bigger cooler, anyone want to give me a description of who to look for in the morning?

Slo
Sat Sep 24th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Ill be in the black trailblazer with the green kawi

Slo
Sun Sep 25th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Almost forgot....for those bringing charcoal...can you bring ones that are easy to light...or just bring fluid with it?

buddahson
Sun Sep 25th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I just picked up plates and plasticware. Let me know if we need anything else.

OUTLAWD
Sun Sep 25th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Almost forgot....for those bringing charcoal...can you bring ones that are easy to light...or just bring fluid with it?

lights easy with 110 leaded ;)

Slo
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Great day out there!!!!

Ghost
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Great day out there!!!!

Thanks for organizing this & dragging me and the bike out to play!

tecknojoe
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Today kicked ass. nice meeting everyone.

Thanks to Scott and Dave for all the help

mdub
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 07:40 PM
sounds grt...wish i was there.....had to do community service.

Bueller
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks to all who attended for going in on the cards and makeing the bbg happen. I had a great day and am now paying the price. :lol:
I got a few pics and some video I'll have to go through but that ain't happening tonight ;)

And thanks to Sully for carrot cake mmmmmmmmmm

rybo
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Thank you to everyone that came out to play today along with everyone who provided something for the BBQ.

Thank you Bueller for putting the lapping card together and saving us all some $$

I had a great day and look forward to riding with you all again!

s

buddahson
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Had a great time out there. Good seeing and meeting you guys.

Ghost
Mon Sep 26th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks, again, to all, for everything, was awesome.

Reyven
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Ditto! Had a great day.

Thanks to Slo for organizing the BBQ and doing the cooking, and also to everyone who pitched in!!

Sully
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks to all who attended for going in on the cards and makeing the bbg happen. I had a great day and am now paying the price. :lol:
I got a few pics and some video I'll have to go through but that ain't happening tonight ;)

And thanks to Sully for carrot cake mmmmmmmmmm

You bet! You should have taken some home to Nawtee! :yumyum:

Had a great time watching everyone yesterday! Nice to see you again, Buddahson. Nice meeting you, TecknoJoe!

Ghost
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Sully, get your chain fixed and do the Oct 8th/8th whenever it is one...

Sully
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Was good to see you, John. Did you have a good day?

I think it's Oct 9th. Hope to get my chain replaced this week! I would need to get a lift to HPR... Let me work on some things.. I knew I should have put a hitch on my bitch two years ago! :rant:

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Nice meeting you, TecknoJoe!

likewise!

Ghost
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Was good to see you, John. Did you have a good day?

I knew I should have put a hitch on my bitch two years ago! :rant:

Always good to see you, too. :D

I actually had a great time, free lunch, good people, nice camaraderie in the pits, and the traffic thinned out (and was less than Chicane anyway) so the track really opened up in the afternoon. Plus, I apparently was turning times significantly better than I'd ever expected, I finally felt like I was starting to learn the track better (though not perfectly) and Rybo's input *really* has given me the feedback I need to focus on being better--I didn't break Rule #1, my tires are shagged, and I'm nicely sore and exhausted today...so...yeah, pretty damn good time yesterday--wish you were out playing with us but still very glad you came out to keep us company in the pits!

"Hitch on my bitch" just sounds...dirty...I like it. :lol:

Bueller
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:21 PM
You bet! You should have taken some home to Nawtee! :yumyum:

Yes I should have, she would have enjoyed it, but I did give her the strudel when I got home!

ian22
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks to everyone for hanging out and saying hello, was nice to meet you guys in person. It was an amazing day.
Thanks Rybo for letting me hear and see how cool my RS is! I'm done for the year at the track, will see you guys out there again next spring.