PDA

View Full Version : Poll: COD or Battlefield

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Cold season is fast approaching, and the entire internet will soon go crazy for 6 months. Luckily both games are coming out soon.

Which are you getting?

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Both.

COD should be the better MP frag fest, BF should have more combined arms/vehicles & teamwork.

Looks-wise it's hard to tell them apart, so think that's a wash.

I'll probably get BF for PC so I can play with a bigger team, and COD for the PS3 so I can chill on the couch and scream obscenities at the 13yr olds playing it...

Think
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:13 AM
MW3 will be yet another expansion pack that should not be released as a standalone game. BF3 is going to be sick. Full spectrum warfare, ludicrous graphics, destructible environments, etc. IMHO, COD is a joke of a series at this point.

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:13 AM
The last battlefield looked good but ended up sucking. felt and looked like crap.

COD has been good for a long time, but getting repetative.

i cant spell repetative

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Black Ops & BF:BC both blew imho, but these two look like a return to the better, older games--and that's both good and bad, as a lot will be VERY similar to the old games--yet you're paying for "new"...

Still, what else is there?

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I used to play BF 1942 on pc just so i could crash helicopters. I can spend hours doing that. If I can do that in the new one, then I'm in.

I hope they seriously revamped both. However, with the 1 year release cycle, there's no way COD can do that. Madden syndrome

Nooch
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Im planning to get MW3 for Xbox and BF3 for PC. And the ONLY reason Im getting MW3 is because Treyarch isnt developing it. Treyarch destroyed CoD with Black Ops. That game was one of the buggiest Ive ever played, and sadly Ive played alot of games. Infinity Ward deserves another shot imho.

brennahm
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:38 AM
So BF it is for PC? Been thinking about getting back into gaming a little bit.

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I used to play BF 1942 on pc just so i could crash helicopters. I can spend hours doing that. If I can do that in the new one, then I'm in.

I hope they seriously revamped both. However, with the 1 year release cycle, there's no way COD can do that. Madden syndrome

Yeah, I used to play TONs of BF42, especially FH2, but BF42 didn't have helicopters, it was all WWII (well, there was a shitty experimental German chopper in one of the patches)

I think you're thinking BF1942/Desert Combat Mod--which fucking rocked and really paved the way for COD and BF2 (as most of the devs of the DC mod went on to work for BF2).

I *loved* BF42/DC on the PC, games w 64 players, tanks and shit everywhere, A-10s, MiGs, it was just incredible (when it was new).

I *really* hope BF3 brings the game back to that level, as these BF:Bad Company games suck dick (poorly).

Hell, I prefered BF2142 to the BFBC, at least the Titan games were kinda different even if the game wasn't amazing...

Im planning to get MW3 for Xbox and BF3 for PC. And the ONLY reason Im getting MW3 is because Treyarch isnt developing it. Treyarch destroyed CoD with Black Ops. That game was one of the buggiest Ive ever played, and sadly Ive played alot of games. Infinity Ward deserves another shot imho.

COD does suffer from the Churn & Earn syndrome, and Treyarch really fucked up the game w/ BO, so really I'm just wanting MW3 to be the update to MW2--and that's really all it is, and it's even bringing back old MW2 maps--so not a whole lot of new/creative shit there.

So BF it is for PC? Been thinking about getting back into gaming a little bit.

They're both for everything, PC/PS3/Xbox, the advantage to PC is bigger teams (god I'd love to see 64 again on dedicated servers) and better graphics (if your comp can handle it) the "advantage" to the consoles is that you can play on your big screen and sit your ass on the couch...

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Yea i mean the desert combat mod

I got the demo for 1942 on xbox which had the planes. lot of fun

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Yea i mean the desert combat mod

I got the demo for 1942 on xbox which had the planes. lot of fun

Yeah, and that's a lot of what COD lacks--no real vehicle combat, no Rock/Paper/Scissors with Infantry/Tanks/Planes etc...

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I am going to play the dicks out of BF3 on PC. BF3 on PC is going to be the fucking shit. Personally, I feel sorry for people who will choose to dumb down the BF3 experience by playing on console. The console is for arcade shooters like CoD.

Will probably end up getting MW3 on 360 too.

grim
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I bought my Xbox 360, 6 months ago...It is literally the first game console i have ever owned in my entire life (my parents were dicks). The only game i purchased and own is COD Black ops i enjoy playing it and don't know shit about any other games at all! I may buy the new COD when it comes out but i cant justify paying $50 for a game i will only play for maybe 2 hours a week.

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I am going to play the dicks out of BF3 on PC. BF3 on PC is going to be the fucking shit. Personally, I feel sorry for people who will choose to dumb down the BF3 experience by playing on console. The console is for arcade shooters like CoD.

Will probably end up getting MW3 on 360 too.

Yeah, I think it's just cost/fun for most. Getting BF to really shine on PC means having a fairly hardcore computer, whereas a $250 PS3 can play the dumbed-down version.

Fwiw, I'll have to upgrade my comp for BF3, but I'll play COD on the PS3 since that's more about having friends over (or online) and shooting shit and BSing...

I bought my Xbox 360, 6 months ago...It is literally the first game console i have ever owned in my entire life (my parents were dicks). The only game i purchased and own is COD Black ops i enjoy playing it and don't know shit about any other games at all! I may buy the new COD when it comes out but i cant justify paying $50 for a game i will only play for maybe 2 hours a week.

If COD:BO is all you know, it's probably Ok, but the other games, especially on PC, were way better...even on PS3 I still think COD:MW2 is more polished and better than BO

cptschlongenheimer
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Probably will get both once they drop the price $10-$20

I just beat COD Black Ops two days ago... wasn't bad. better than the last Halo game at least.

I stick to console games because after sitting in front of this fucking PC all day I can't imagine being near one at night. I may not always get the most bitchin' version of the game but it's fun and I'm blasting shit from the couch on a 42" not an office chair on a pc monitor.

I'm hoping the Star Wars Kinect game is cool... RANCOR MODE FTW!!!!!

cptschlongenheimer
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:17 AM
BTW...
your poll needs an option 4: All of the above.

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Probably already seen:
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51596/battlefield-3-vs-battlefield-2-comparison-video/?quality=hd

BF3 looks pretty, but I still miss the Helicopters & air combat of BF2

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Probably already seen:
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51596/battlefield-3-vs-battlefield-2-comparison-video/?quality=hd

BF3 looks pretty, but I still miss the Helicopters & air combat of BF2

What do you mean? Bf3 will have all that.

Also bf3 will have a fully open mp beta sometime this month. Anyone who bought that shitty MOH limited edition game gets access 2 days earlier.

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
What do you mean? Bf3 will have all that.

Also bf3 will have a fully open mp beta sometime this month. Anyone who bought that shitty MOH limited edition game gets access 2 days earlier.

Yeah, I just thought it wasn't going to be on a lot of maps.

But, I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE

Guess I don't have to worry about it being only on a few/select maps if it's that good.

Nooch
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:41 AM
COD does suffer from the Churn & Earn syndrome, and Treyarch really fucked up the game w/ BO, so really I'm just wanting MW3 to be the update to MW2--and that's really all it is, and it's even bringing back old MW2 maps--so not a whole lot of new/creative shit there.

Agreed, but so far it looks like MW3 is essentially the expansion pack for MW2. They are definitely recycling alot of aspects of the game, throwing a new paintjob on and saying its new, give us $60. They even resurrected quick-scoping. I think ultimately, MW3 will be big until about january when all the people who have played Modern Warfare since COD4 burn out and move on. Besides, there are lots of other highly anticipated game titles releasing at the same time.

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:47 AM
FYI, i just found out of a 48 hour sale where u can pre order BF3 for $47

http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail/sep-0-2011/48hoursale13/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL091311&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL091311-_-EMC-091311-Index-_-E0-_-PromoWord

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:49 AM
FYI, i just found out of a 48 hour sale where u can pre order BF3 for $47

http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail/sep-0-2011/48hoursale13/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL091311&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL091311-_-EMC-091311-Index-_-E0-_-PromoWord

Nice. I'm happy I waited. You just saved me $13.

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Lol, I *just* found that from an Amazon post
http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Limited-Edition-Newegg-ONLY/forum/Fx353KXU00I9MSW/Tx1DH0KOVFKPSZO/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B002I0J82G

Guess today's the day to order. ;)

bulldog
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 11:01 AM
COD for me; beat all of them to date and plan to keep on till they stop.

Now Killsone 3 and Crysis 2 I may have even enjoyed more; I am big into first person shooters. Sorry Zack...on consols (PS3) and not PC :oops:

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Nice. I'm happy I waited. You just saved me $13.

I'll take payment in form of WR or Husqvarna

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Am want to make poll results public. is this possible at this point?

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Damn, apparently we missed the same promo for MW3...for $47 for a couch & console shooter I'd definitely get it...

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 11:18 AM
For the record, I do intend to ride to UCDenver from Littleton until December (hopefully).

AOK303
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I spend my time playing hello kitty fantastic adventure

Haha JM south park reference

BF3 on the computer and cod on ps3 anyone playing black ops on ps3 right now
Going to upgrade part of my comp to be able to crush people

bulldog
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Stupid Angry Birds 1 and Rio have me addicted and haven't used the PS3 in a while. :lol:

ian22
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 12:13 PM
COD but I've never played battlefield.

WolFeYeZ
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
My vote, battlefield 1942. :)

grim
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 12:37 PM
COD for me; beat all of them to date and plan to keep on till they stop.

Crysis 2

Since you play COD how is Crysis ive seen the commercial a few times and i am a little interested. How is it? Do you have more free range than you do in COD?

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Crysis 2 SP was good, not great. It was flashy but the replay value was a little lacking.

Crysis 2 MP was so fucked at launch I haven't played it since Day 1.

IMO BF2142 was the best I BF I have played to date, with Project Reality on BF2 coming in at a very close second. I'm really hoping EA doesn't botch Day 1 patching of BF3, as I have been anticipating this title since I heard about its development. Hopefully a lot of alpha bug'n'balance issues are sorted when beta drops too.

eg bter
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 01:37 PM
MW3 and GoW3

303cbr600f4
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 01:39 PM
MW3 for me

vort3xr6
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
COD will be sick because Treyarch isn't touching it. Black Ops was a hunk of shit IMO even though I play(ed) a ton of it. The maps are sub par and uneven.

I am soooooooo happy infinity ward is doing COD this time around.

If I had a PC that didn't overheat playing a 30 second youtube video, I would get BF3.

laspariahs
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 02:44 PM
FPS or strategy game= Computer.

I'm excited for MW3 only because infinity ward is doing it, BF3 should be great too. Both are computer only for me, FPS needs a mouse plain and simple.

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 04:22 PM
My vote, battlefield 1942. :)

Hard to find servers for now, though for a while WOLFgaming.net was still running them (mostly FH2, some DC, maybe one or two Vanilla)

IMO BF2142 was the best I BF I have played to date

Really? I liked it, a lot, but it never seemed to really catch on as far as # of servers/players etc. I think partly the early games w/ the moving Titans really made the game a lagfest so it got bad press.

COD will be sick because Treyarch isn't touching it. Black Ops was a hunk of shit IMO even though I play(ed) a ton of it. The maps are sub par and uneven.

I am soooooooo happy infinity ward is doing COD this time around.

If I had a PC that didn't overheat playing a 30 second youtube video, I would get BF3.

Treyarch fucked COD, IW really is/was the only team that should be doing it.

Here's a guess at the specs, fwiw, I think it's on the low/conservative end if you want to run 64-players with everything maxed out, but there's no official specs listed, so this is what we've got:

While no official announcement of minimum requirements for Battlefield 3 have been made, we do know what engine the game will be running. Frostbite 2.0. Because of this we can estimate what requirements will be expected when Battlefield 3 hits shelves.

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Dual Core
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 256 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 10
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quadcore Processor
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 512 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 11
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

I'm excited for MW3 only because infinity ward is doing it, BF3 should be great too. Both are computer only for me, FPS needs a mouse plain and simple.

Meh. I used to be a PC-only gamer, but then I discovered the "couch & console" style is more social/fun and waaaay more comfortable.

Yes, if you want 64 players and are uber serious then sitting glued to your glowing red/blue/pink liquid-cooled monster is best for twitch FPS games.

But, on the other hand, I can sit on the couch, with a buddy and play MP online while split-screen on my tv and have a lot more fun...

So, I've kinda come around to console gaming even while I think BF3 will be better on PC (if your rig can handle it--mine can't anymore).

CoD since MW2 is more of a console game anyway, and I don't miss playing it on the PC...

303cbr600f4
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 04:34 PM
The only COD games I will buy are the ones Infinity Ward does, their graphics and gameplay are far superior

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM
The only COD games I will buy are the ones Infinity Ward does, their graphics and gameplay are far superior

Problem is, you get bored playing MW2 for 8 billion hours, which is really why I got Ops--for something different.

It's not better, it's not even as good as MW2, but it's not (quite) the same old shit.

Especially as a game ages, then you get two player groups: the hardcore dedicated "clan" gamer douchebags who know every exploit and every hidden corner of the map and/or just run around the entire time, versus the "second-stringers" who picked the game up for $19, have never played before, and are so fucking worthless that you're going to be on the losing end just because they have no clue wth to do...it's frustrating to be in the middle

303cbr600f4
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 04:45 PM
hahah good call. Im the guy who gets on there maybe once or twice a week, not enough to get good. I can keep up when the game first comes out but a few weeks into it I am getting sniped every time I respawn. Medal of Honor was a decent mixup when I got bored of MW2

BlueRanger
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 04:57 PM
America's Army

Ghost
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 05:00 PM
America's Army

Is that shit still going? Man, I've not played since before AA2 came out...

Clovis
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 05:38 PM
http://i-beta.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/6/6/0/62660_v1.jpg

vort3xr6
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I am actually pretty damn good at COD. Usually play between 5:30 - 6:30 on weekdays.

laspariahs
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Meh. I used to be a PC-only gamer, but then I discovered the "couch & console" style is more social/fun and waaaay more comfortable.

Yes, if you want 64 players and are uber serious then sitting glued to your glowing red/blue/pink liquid-cooled monster is best for twitch FPS games.

But, on the other hand, I can sit on the couch, with a buddy and play MP online while split-screen on my tv and have a lot more fun...

So, I've kinda come around to console gaming even while I think BF3 will be better on PC (if your rig can handle it--mine can't anymore).

CoD since MW2 is more of a console game anyway, and I don't miss playing it on the PC...

I have a PS3, and I use it for console oriented games, like ratchet and clank, god of war I-II-III, stuff like that, but FPS, I need a mouse.

I've never played MW2, I never bought it because it was consoleifed, I still play the original though.

Matrix
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 08:42 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2n9dxm8.jpg

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Both

sag
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:57 PM
people always hate on cod but they still play the shit out of it and helped it gross over a billion bucks. tried and true as both franchises may be the best way to look at it is your time into it against the price. i have days and days worth of hrs into cod for like 100 bucks with dlc which is way better bang per buck then my two times through LA noire or even my 100 hrs into GTA. by the way, this thread needs more SKYRIM.

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Lololololololol Joe wins the thread.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 01:24 AM
When you guys say you "beat" a game, did you finish it to 100% and all trophies or are you simply saying you got through the campaign?

tecknojoe
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Pre-ordered battlefield 3 last night for $48. I'll play it until COD comes out. Then whichever I like will be kept. I'm sure I can sell one or the other for $50 anyway so no big deal. yay me.

Ghost
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Pre-ordered battlefield 3 last night for $48. I'll play it until COD comes out. Then whichever I like will be kept. I'm sure I can sell one or the other for $50 anyway so no big deal. yay me.

We need to find COD for $48, then it's a double win...

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 11:05 AM
When you guys say you "beat" a game, did you finish it to 100% and all trophies or are you simply saying you got through the campaign?

Once I beat the campaign on normal/medium and difficult/hard, I consider it beaten. Some games are fun enough to go after all the trophies and such which I call "100%-ing" it. :dunno:

I guess my definitions are driven by the fact that, since i play maybe 1-3 hours a week, it takes months just to complete the campaign.

bulldog
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 11:25 AM
When you guys say you "beat" a game, did you finish it to 100% and all trophies or are you simply saying you got through the campaign? I consider myself a veteran gamer and have beat hundreds of games, and that means beating the campaign mode (on regualr or harder difficulty). Nowadays with trophies/achievements on Xbox360/PS3 I find it very hard to believe many people can complete a campaign mode and 100% of trophies. For example on COD one trophie is to beat the game on veteran, and unless you are some prodigy I don't see how it can be done since one shot from the enemy kills you. I once beat a COD on "hardened" and that was even so hard and took me a long time and I am good at first person shooters. Then there are trophies that are just so hard and time consuming that it would take a very long time to get them all. Anyone says they beat a game with 100% achievements/trophies needs to prove it (they are listed in the game) and and then I will tell them "you must not have a life outside of video games".

Think
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 11:32 AM
BF3 will end up costing me a lot of monies since I've still got XP.

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 11:35 AM
...Anyone says they beat a game with 100% achievements/trophies needs to prove it (they are listed in the game) and and then I will tell them "you must not have any secks".

Fix'd

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I play all FPS's on "hardened" and always complete the campaign in a reasonable amount of time. I never feel like I beat the game though. I only go for trophies on sandbox games like Just Cause 2 or Red Dead Redemption...

bulldog
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I play all FPS's on "hardened" and always complete the campaign in a reasonable amount of time. I never feel like I beat the game though. I only go for trophies on sandbox games like Just Cause 2 or Red Dead Redemption... You ever tried COD on veteran? Amazes me there are people good enough to beat it on that setting. Freakin robots or something!! :lol:

303cbr600f4
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Just Cause 2 and Red Dead were both definitely good sandbox games

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
You ever tried COD on veteran? Amazes me there are people good enough to beat it on that setting. Freakin robots or something!! :lol:

yeah, for about five minutes and then I lower the difficulty. I need that first hit to know I need to take cover ;)

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 07:41 PM
On MW2, on hardened, I got stuck in front of The White House for a good while. The airplane graveyard with the juggernauts was a bitch also.

sag
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 08:03 PM
i beat mw2 on veteran, it actually wasnt too bad i thought you just go super slow. give it some time and once you make it a level or two in youll find youve adapted to the different style of play. and im no god at it i average 1.5 to 2 kdr overall. i made it through on veteran way easier than i made it through on hardened because i was way more patient. ive also soloed all of the halos on legendary but am pretty terrible at it online.

BlueRanger
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Is that shit still going? Man, I've not played since before AA2 came out...

They lost a lot of players when AA3 came out cause it had a lot of bugs. I stopped playing video games completely right around when AA3 came out (end of high school, time to be a man haha). But once and awhile I'll game and if I play anything it's either AA3 or AA2. :cyber:

Scatterbrain
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Definately COD. I've played them since COD2 and i love the series they definately make some awesome graphics and awesome gameplay.

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
BF3 Closed beta is dropping on Sept. 27. Open beta will be available on all platforms on the 29th.

Shea
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Neither. FPS' never really did anything for me unless I was at a LAN party and was drinking beer.

I will make due with World of Tanks and SWTOR when it is released.

Owen_R6
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I've played Modern Warefare and Modern Warfare 2 for the past while but am going to be switching to BF3 this time around...

kinda tired of the noob tubes right off the bat (i play HC: Search) so i'm thinkin bf will be the way to go for me.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
PS3 is on the operating table. Fan died, HD died, I just hope the CPU didn't fry. Luckily, I can deal with this myself when I get some time.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I've played Modern Warefare and Modern Warfare 2 for the past while but am going to be switching to BF3 this time around...

kinda tired of the noob tubes right off the bat (i play HC: Search) so i'm thinkin bf will be the way to go for me.

N00b tubes kick ass! Don't be a wuss ;)

Seriously, for every thing that can kill you, there are countermeasures. It makes you stronger...

Owen_R6
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM
There is no countermeasure against a noob tube in the first 3 seconds of a HC:SD game...

even if you try to just back up or move away from the start you get killed...

plus, noob tubes take no skill...especially with one man army when people just spam them the entire game

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I am disappoint by the amount of COD in here.

Ghost
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 12:09 PM
BF3 Closed beta is dropping on Sept. 27. Open beta will be available on all platforms on the 29th.

Awesome, then I'll know whether to keep my Pre-order or not ;)

I will make due with World of Tanks and SWTOR when it is released.

The progression on the Free WoT is way too slow to keep me interested, plus I really need a new comp to get the great FPS I'd like.

SWTOR...the more I see, the less excited I am, it's looking more and more like SWG 2.0 and less like KOTOR...I'm not even sure I've enough interest to consider buying it...

Shea
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 02:44 PM
The progression on the Free WoT is way too slow to keep me interested, plus I really need a new comp to get the great FPS I'd like.

SWTOR...the more I see, the less excited I am, it's looking more and more like SWG 2.0 and less like KOTOR...I'm not even sure I've enough interest to consider buying it...

Meh, each to their own. Personally I don't think it's anything like SWG and a hell of a lot more like KOTOR. I will let you know :)

Ghost
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Meh, each to their own. Personally I don't think it's anything like SWG and a hell of a lot more like KOTOR. I will let you know :)

yeah, please do. I was hoping to get into the beta but thing my rig's so old it's off the specs they want.

If/when you get it, I'd be interested to know what you think of it...

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 06:06 PM
eh, beta is gonna be an open demo, or only certain nerds get it?

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Sep 20th, 2011, 09:17 PM
There is no countermeasure against a noob tube in the first 3 seconds of a HC:SD game...

even if you try to just back up or move away from the start you get killed...

plus, noob tubes take no skill...especially with one man army when people just spam them the entire game

Hahaha! Skill. Whatever, it's a video game. Don't be this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v_dFtizv7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zJqUqx6yPM

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Just got done playing about an hour on the closed beta.

Best FPS MP I have played to date.

Ghost
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM

On PC, right?

And the beta goes open for all platforms on Wed?

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:52 AM

how you get that?

:ninja:

Ghost
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:53 AM
how you get that?

:ninja:

Seriously. I've owed/played every BF title to date, and I didn't get an invite...(though my system specs prob suck too much to be considered)...

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:56 AM
on a more serious note, why is there no ninja icon? We need to be able to warn each other. They are everywhere

Ghost
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 11:03 AM
on a more serious note, why is there no ninja icon? We need to be able to warn each other. They are everywhere

http://loltrain.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/ninjas-theyre-everywhere.jpg

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 11:16 AM
You either needed to Preorder BF3 OR have bought and played the latest Medal of Honor Limited Edition.

OPEN BETA starts on Thursday.

Ghost
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 11:21 AM
You either needed to Preorder BF3 OR have bought and played the latest Medal of Honor Limited Edition.

OPEN BETA starts on Thursday.

Hmm, I did preorder through New Egg...meh, too late now, I guess...

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Hmm, I did preorder through New Egg...meh, too late now, I guess...

Contact either EA customer or Amazon. You will also need to download Origin from EA to download it, as EA pulled all their games from Steam. You should receive a beta code in your email.

Beta is restricted to one map and one game mode, and it is a ridiculous amount of fun. I have been finished top 3 on my team every match I have played.

Ghost
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Contact either EA customer or Amazon. You will also need to download Origin from EA to download it, as EA pulled all their games from Steam. You should receive a beta code in your email.

Beta is restricted to one map and one game mode, and it is a ridiculous amount of fun. I have been finished top 3 on my team every match I have played.

Was it an Amazon exclusive? I did pre ordered from Newegg

Is this the Metro map they used in the gameplay vid? And is it Conquest or Rush or something new?

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Sorry, I meant Newegg. It was not an exclusive to Amazon.

Yes, it is on metro, however the mode is RUSH, so no vehicles; infantry only.

Unfortunately a lot of the beta players done understand the objective of rush as I have only won 2 games as attack.

Ghost
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Sorry, I meant Newegg. It was not an exclusive to Amazon.

Yes, it is on metro, however the mode is RUSH, so no vehicles; infantry only.

Ok, I'll contact new egg first...

Bummer, I wanted to hear if they've improved vehicles any. BF really revolves around its mix of infantry and vehicles, but BF BC 2 really nerfed & screwed then up compared to BF2 imho.

No one gets Rush, or else clans team stack, either way it's a fun game that's usually ruined

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM
will it have helicopters and airplanes. that's all i give a shit about :lol:

i want it to be like 1942

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM
will it have helicopters and airplanes. that's all i give a shit about :lol:

i want it to be like 1942

It will be, especially in Conquest mode. I'm not sure off the top of my head what the other game modes include for vehicles, but Conquest mode is your traditional BF42 game type with infantry, land, and air.

Ghost
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Beta solution: CSC LAN party @ Zach's!

:p

Is the beta running dedicated servers & 64 players?

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 12:37 PM
64 players is PC only and ONLY on Conquest. I'm not having trouble finding a server, and most of them are open to 32 players. There are roughly ~100 servers in NA with excellent ping. And yes, dedicated.

tecknojoe
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 07:24 PM
so far I'm seeing that it sucks donkey balls on xbox. what platform are you guys on?

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 08:05 PM
PC. Graphics were adjusted such that the consoles can run the game at 30fps or more.

But seriously, this game is the shit. CoD has some serious contention.

thankgod
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I'm getting BF for ps3 FTW!

ps3id: rumblepants

xbox360: oOothankgodoOo

Think
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I am disappoint by the amount of COD in here.
This.

Shitty though that I've got to get Windows 7 and a new video card to run this ish nicely. Can't decide whether or not I should wait until Nov for Nvidia to release their new cards so I can grab a lower end one on the cheap.

KazeXenami
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Just got done with a few hours with the BF3 open beta on Xbox.

Good:
Weapons and upgrades I've played with so far seem solid. The damage seems pretty balanced.

Framerates seem to be better than prior games (BFBC2, MOH), only ran into a couple spots that felt like sub-30fps.

The new movement system is pretty sick. Reminiscent of the parkour system for the light class in in Brink, but not to the same extreme. You can fling yourself quickly over most waist-high obstacles and barriers, allowing you to 'flow' through most areas. Also they've added a pretty realistic prone as well. If you're running and hit prone, you basically dive, flop and skid to a stop on the ground, where you can crawl or take up arms.

Mixed:
Graphically it does not seem like that big of an improvement over Bad Company 2, but that may be due to compressed textures for the beta.
The environments seem to be more destructible lending to more strategy.

Poor:
The menus take a bit to get used to. They feel like the windows mobile 7.5 Mango (flat colored blocks setup in grids) or the crap they're doing to Windows 8. Also they seem big and chunky, as if they were running at 640x480 res.

Another annoyance is the HUD. It has this 'floaty' effect rather than solidly placed on the screen. This will annoy the piss out of you if you're watching for the slightest movement in a field and your catching it out of the corner of your eyes.

Oh Come on already:
I see they still need to address the whole "unable to contact EA server" bug that has plagued many of their titles. I still don't know why the don't just rely on the infrastructure already built there for them (oh wait, its EA)

Think
Tue Sep 27th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Boom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coOHjF4_apI&feature=player_embedded

Edit: Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo50Ar420&feature=player_embedded

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Sep 28th, 2011, 02:17 PM
BF3 Tournament: Early 2012 $1.6 million
(Sorry PC guys, Xbox/PS3 only)

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/28/8017230-play-battlefield-3-and-win-16-million-maybe

vort3xr6
Fri Sep 30th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Really dissappointed in the BF3 beta. This dude just capped me from across the entire map with an M9 pistol. I threw my controller and said fuck it.

The hit box is completely unrealistic. I have absolutely lit up a dude's forehead and he hits me once with a pistol and I die. Not happy with the engine they used for a shooter. Good engine for body movement. Shit shooting dynamics.

Plus this game will be a campers paradise. Spawn killing is an absolute in this game.

Definitely won't be buying it for xbox.

Zach929rr
Sat Oct 1st, 2011, 10:24 AM
hatehatehatehatehatehate

Ghost
Sun Oct 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
As I suspected, it won't run for shit on my ancient rig, so I've been playing the PS3 beta.

Overall, I definitely like it better than the BF:BC series, and the movement and environments are pretty sweet.

Even on PS3 it looks better than most other FPSes and looks better than I thought it would--still, it's not in 1080p, whether that's the beta or not I'm not sure, but it might be what the console gets to cope with all the video rendering.

Since it's a beta I'll reserve full opinion on the various exploits/glitches I've seen and hope they're fixed (probably in a massive patch after release as I bet it's too late to fix before it goes gold and preps to ship).

I am massively sick of fuckers hiding in craters below/off the game "floor" and shooting up into the map, but so it goes. One asshole went 40:4 K/D doing that shit, but eventually I got down there and knifed his ass so I felt slightly better.

Spawn rape is in any FPS, I'd hoped this one would moderate that a bit better, but it's definitely present.

The interface is wonky, and you can't access your kits from the main menus like in COD, you have to go in-game to do it, which I find highly annoying. There's also no Mute/Mute All like in most games, so you can't shut the angry 13yr olds up when they're gibbering on or screaming "fuck you nigga!" over and over...gets tiresome.

And the minimap sucks and doesn't seem to display enemies very often, even when they're firing and should light up as red arrows. Also, unlike in BF:BC, you can't "Spot" them out. On the PS3 you do it with the Select button when looking at them, either it's not implemented or it just won't be in this game.

The player movement seems better/smoother than in BF:BC, but your field of view seems compressed compared to COD as I keep getting blind-sided by people beside me that I can't see even though they should be in my "peripheral" vision.

I also had to crank up the stick sensitivity to get the turn speed I'm used to, and, compared to COD, everything seems *slow* since you don't have the various perks (like reloading and ADS seems to take way too long).

I do like the Squad Perks, once you get high enough the various perks you equip apply to all your squad, so if you have good coms and/or were with friends you could set up a squad without overlap and have extra sprint, ammo, etc.

The "fog of war" suppression effect is pretty pixelated on the PS3, not sure that's fantastic. Neat idea, but probably looks way better on a good PC.

No weapon stats are listed, unlike BF:BC, and that bugs me as I like to compare my latest upgrades to my previous favorites.

Destructible environments are really well done in this compared to BF:BC, I love how most things sort of chip away.

Definitely some major clipping errors though, particularly around the low walls where I've seen the hit indicator come up but no damage goes to the player (as I can see he's at 100% while I'm dead).

The maps are huge, even on PS3, and I love that openness. Despite playing only the one map (which I'm kinda tired of) there's enough variation that you don't get funneled into the same path every time (like in COD) and while I've already seen areas where people tend to cluster/clump, it's not the only way to do things.

I think the whole Rush idea has been greatly improved. Pity most of the players are too fucking stupid to get what they're supposed to do and just run off looking to max their K/D and all but ignore the M-Coms stations (either defense or attacking), but overall the staging of the game is much better than in BF:BC.

Rush is essentially instanced M-Com waves, and each segment plays in a different environment--each one with its unique flavor. I think the subway station itself is my favorite, as it's the most intense, the city I find kinda boring, and the opening is good without being great.

Really, my biggest disappointment with the beta (glitches aside) is that this is just an infantry map--BF is defined by its Vehicle Combat and THAT is what I really want to see as that is what separates this from COD...

Without vehicles this is a good shooter, but I think COD will have the edge in MP infantry combat, it's what they do best.

I really think vehicles will make or break this game (which won't sell as well as COD anyway) and until I can run around in a tank, or helo or fighter, I'm not sure what to think of the game overall...still, I do like it, I'm just not sure I love it.

...and losing all the unlocks, perks and rank when this releases will suck, I had restarting...

Anyway, if you've got a PS3 it's worth checking out.

Ghost
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I mentioned it above, but does anyone else think your Field of View is more compressed to just something like a 90* cone in front of you? Compared to COD and even other BF games, it seems like you have almost no peripheral vision...or am I crazy?

tecknojoe
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM
when looking through a scope it sucks for sure

Zach929rr
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
BETA FOV is locked to 70. Can be adj. to 90 in retail.

Ghost
Thu Oct 6th, 2011, 07:07 PM
BETA FOV is locked to 70. Can be adj. to 90 in retail.

That's a welcome change, for all platforms I hope?

Zach929rr
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 08:48 AM
That's a welcome change, for all platforms I hope?

I assume so.

Also, starting today until Monday, Dice has unlocked Caspian Border in Conquest mode for all to play. I'm not sure if its on consoles (I'm assuming so), but consoles get 32 players and PC gets 64 players.

If you played the Beta and didn't like it, keep in mind its a BETA and try it again over the weekend with conquest mode, as it is the real core of the Battlefield experience.

tecknojoe
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I assume so.

Also, starting today until Monday, Dice has unlocked Caspian Border in Conquest mode for all to play. I'm not sure if its on consoles (I'm assuming so), but consoles get 32 players and PC gets 64 players.

If you played the Beta and didn't like it, keep in mind its a BETA and try it again over the weekend with conquest mode, as it is the real core of the Battlefield experience.

sweet

tecknojoe
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Just checked, it's not available on xbox

Zach929rr
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 04:29 PM
weakness

You can come play it on my PC as long as you promise to keep your dick in your pants. I got a chitlin.

tecknojoe
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 04:30 PM
:lol:

Ghost
Fri Oct 7th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah, no CB for Consoles....lame/sucks/stupid.

As a Beta, where they're testing server load, pings, etc, wouldn't DICE want to see how that map plays on Console before it goes live as Retail and it's a Cluster F*?

I'd come play but I don't like your restriction on how I how I do it... :p

Ghost
Mon Oct 10th, 2011, 11:29 PM
http://kotaku.com/5847778/for-all-its-airplanes-earthquakes-and-explosions-battlefield-3s-campaign-is-remarkably-dull

http://kotaku.com/5847726/battlefield-3s-pc-multiplayer-is-funwhen-it-works?tag=battlefield

tecknojoe
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:25 AM
If I pre-ordered from new egg, does it ship tomorrow, or has it likely already been shipped?

Now I'm thinking I'm gonna be the asshole without the game for a few days because I didn't just reserve a copy locally

Zach929rr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Newegg should send you a shipping confirmation if they have shipped it already. I'm guessing they wont ship it until launch day (tomorrow).

tecknojoe
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
fuck

now i have to spend time with my girlfriend

Zach929rr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 08:33 AM
LOL

godspeed

Ghost
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I was playing BF:BC2 yesterday, but after the beta it's kinda lame.

This waiting sucks. I did the free shipping too, so I won't see my game until probably Friday...

bleh...

Ghost
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Newegg just confirmed my order and said it'll ship in 24hrs, so seems like it'll go out tomorrow and be here Thur/Friday (free 3 day).

BUT, on the other side of the fence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1xjCdN_rWCE

Zach929rr
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Played 3 missions of single and about 10 minutes of multi.

All I can say is this is good stuff. From the few minutes I played MP, it seems like they fixed a metric fuckton of the problems.

PC peeps can add me on Battlelog -> shellcomplex
I have a ts3 server as well.

Ghost
Mon Oct 24th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Played 3 missions of single and about 10 minutes of multi.

All I can say is this is good stuff. From the few minutes I played MP, it seems like they fixed a metric fuckton of the problems.

PC peeps can add me on Battlelog -> shellcomplex
I have a ts3 server as well.

You suck.

Ghost
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Looks like I'll get mine on the 27th...

poo.

tecknojoe
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I'm being told that (for ps3 at least) it comes with a code that you have to enter in order to play online multiplayer. meaning resale value will be shit.

bullshit

bulldog
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I'm being told that (for ps3 at least) it comes with a code that you have to enter in order to play online multiplayer. meaning resale value will be shit.

bullshit A lot of times you can buy the multiplayer code on ebay for a few bucks.

tecknojoe
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Still think that's bullshit. Now I have to sell the game for $x less because of that.

If I purchase 100% of the content, I should be able to sell 100% of the content to someone else. It's not like I can play the game anymore after the disc is gone.

But they did it right, I'm going to buy the game anyway, so fuck.

bulldog
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Still think that's bullshit. Now I have to sell the game for $x less because of that.

If I purchase 100% of the content, I should be able to sell 100% of the content to someone else. It's not like I can play the game anymore after the disc is gone.

But they did it right, I'm going to buy the game anyway, so fuck. I agree and more games are doing this as well which sucks more. The newest thing is to offer extra content if you buy from a certain retailer. The new UFC 2012 will only have the four extra fighters if you buy and pre-oder through Gamestop just like they did on UFC 2011.

Ghost
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 09:12 AM

bullshit

Hmm that is total bullshit if it's true. BF: BC 2 came with that VIP pass for extra maps or whatever but it wasn't all of multiplayer.

Of course, this will sell far more copies and make them far more money if true since multiplayer is 95% of the game.

I'm still annoyed at the cost of the DLC map packs, but this goes beyond that...

Has anyone confirmed it's true?

bulldog
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Hmm that is total bullshit if it's true. BF: BC 2 came with that VIP pass for extra maps or whatever but it wasn't all of multiplayer.

Of course, this will sell far more copies and make them far more money if true since multiplayer is 95% of the game.

I'm still annoyed at the cost of the DLC map packs, but this goes beyond that...

Has anyone confirmed it's true? Not really confirmed, but guess a Tweet went out by the designer that hinted at it http://www.thedarkflock.com/?p=184

Ghost
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Not really confirmed, but guess a Tweet went out by the designer that hinted at it http://www.thedarkflock.com/?p=184

Well, that sucks. Guess EA needs more money...

Ghost
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hadn't seen the TV Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedRhcpOsuU

...man...this sucks...suddenly the $12 I saved doesn't seem worth it :(

UglykidJoe
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 09:55 AM
two weeks and BF will be an afterthought anyway

Zach929rr
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 10:23 AM
two weeks and BF will be an afterthought anyway

lolnope

mw3 looks exactly the same as mw2.

enjoy your outdated graphics, audio, and AI engine.

bulldog
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM
lolnope

mw3 looks exactly the same as mw2.

enjoy your outdated graphics, audio, and AI engine. I do think MW3's sales will outnumber Battlefield's though. I guess we will have to wait and see. Not saying one is better that the other; I haven't played enough of BF to really say.

Ghost
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I do think MW3's sales will outnumber Battlefield's though. I guess we will have to wait and see. Not saying one is better that the other; I haven't played enough of BF to really say.

MW2 took in over $1 Billion in sales and supposedly had/has over 25 Million unique players and had something like 8 Million online in the first week.

SO...while BF3 is going to do better than BF:BC2, I doubt it'll ever touch MW3. The Call of Duty franchise just has more love/fans/support than Battlefield--essentially it's the iPhone of FPS games, even if it's not technically the best, it's always the most popular...

tecknojoe
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 08:55 PM
xbox 360 servers are down. No multiplayer for now.

fucking ridiculous. didn't we learn anything from beta day?

Zach929rr
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 09:11 PM
xbox 360 servers are down. No multiplayer for now.

fucking ridiculous. didn't we learn anything from beta day?

Day one patches can suck sometimes. Just realized my pc version didn't auto update. Pc users go to origin right click on game and do repair install.

Nooch
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 09:20 PM
BF3...I haz it.

Firing up nao! MP servers are down but eff it, I'm playing campaign!!! :rock:

tecknojoe
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Xbox servers up. GO!

Ghost
Tue Oct 25th, 2011, 10:43 PM
PS3 servers up and been up. :p

How do we get the stupid SKS and w/e else in that Physical Warfare pack?

tecknojoe
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Fucking lag on xbox is STILL terrible. Is it this bad for all of you too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQjB3C1hzA0

Zach929rr
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Oh man that is bad. I know they have been working on the console servers since launch.

tecknojoe
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 05:56 PM
It's like this in every fucking match. I'm lucky if I get 3 good minutes

Zach929rr
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Any server any gametype?

tecknojoe
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I'll try a different game type. Their servers actually just crashed again so no one can even get on to play.

really, by day 3, I think people now have the right to be angry

vort3xr6
Thu Oct 27th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Glad I didn't buy it. BTW Batman Arkham City is THE SHIT!

tecknojoe
Sat Oct 29th, 2011, 01:29 AM
I just flew a helicopter through a tunnel :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip3eQhdcMRg

Earlier I also took my chopper, went and stole the other asshole's chopper, then flew it through. But didn't get that one on video

Ghost
Tue Nov 1st, 2011, 12:43 AM
Occasional lag spikes, overall not terrible, but bad rubber banding when it hits. Matchmaker doesn't always work so have to use the browser. (PS3)

For some reason, I'm not as good with the helos as I was in BC2, and I'm complete shit in the jets. PC with an actual flight stick was way better (BF2) than six-axis controller flight.

Ghost
Wed Nov 30th, 2011, 12:33 PM
After having owned BF3 and MW3 since they came out, BF3 is the better game.

It may not have the rabid fanbois to drive sales, but in every way it's better-looking, better-playing, and simply...better.

MW3 is a complete disappointment. Even in the Single Player Campaign, which I loved in MW1 & 2 was pretty lame, uninteresting, and boring--seriously how many times does something crash or you get concussed in order for the scene to change? Where's the impact of the tactical nuke in MW1, where you crawl out and die? Where's the shock of being one of the terrorists murdering everyone in the Moscow airport? Where's the gut-wrenching sight of Whisky Hotel all blown to shit as you race up it to light your flares? Where's the epic end where you pull a knife out of your chest and hurl it into the villain's eye? I know no one really plays MW3 for the SP, but I really enjoyed the campaigns in 1 & 2, this one...sucked.

As to Multi-player, it's really only MW2 with new maps, and that's it.

None of the cool wager/money/contract/customization aspects of Black Ops made it in, the graphics are from MW2, the engine is from MW2, the only "new" aspect are the Strike Packages, and they're nothing amazing...$60 for a "new" MW3 that's 99% MW2? Not impressed...

Sadly, all MW3 has done is make me like Black Ops more--at least it had some neat game changes, and the Contracts could be fun--I once got my 7th sniping headshot (of the 7 needed) with less than 2 seconds to go--right as the game ended. That was fun, added an element to the game beyond the mere Run & Gun that's all MW3 is. And, maybe it's just me, but MW3 seems to be on even smaller maps than Black Ops or MW2 used to have--all for the "intensity" I suppose, but it makes it just a case of Hold Sprint, Hold Fire, Run, Die, Repeat.

Meh.

Anyone on PS3 want to try the BF3 Co-Op missions?

Ghost
Tue Dec 6th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I am disappoint in the "new" maps, and still getting used to the nerfs in the last patch.

The AT mines now have very short persistence, so they're almost pointless, and the EOD bot (to disarm them) has a hard time finding any.

As to the old maps--they feel old, and not as well thought out or balanced as the new maps do. 5 bases for a 12 v 12 games is just too many. Wake island is unbalanced as hell, and the rest are mediocre at best.

Really, I'd have preferred if they'd re-released maps from BF:BC2, especially the open-field armor one from the Xpak (Harvest?)

Bummer.

Ghost
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 11:36 AM
BF3's Close Quarters DLC and Premium service launch today, and even if you don't get either the 1.05 patch is required to play (fixes the M26 Exploit and some other issues).

First the USAS-12 nerf, then the M26 fix, poor shotguns...

Anyone planning on getting either Close Quarters or Premium?

I find it annoying that Premium is touting how its $50 covers "all DLC" when Karkand has already been out, and people either paid the $15 for it or got it included with the Limited Edition version of the game--so including it as a "benefit" for Premium seems lame...just me?

Zach929rr
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Not sure I'll be getting another Game/DLC from EA. I'm pretty close to abandoning them after they started the microtransaction pay2upgrade shit.

EA's whole corporate attitude can suck a dick.

tecknojoe
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Damn people still play these games? :lol:

I heard they're making another. I don't think I want to buy Call of Duty Modern Warfare 26. There's never anything new

YrDaDy
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 04:30 PM
BF3 is sick, I've played a lot of it on the PS3. I haven't played much in awhile though, so not sure if I'm going to get the DLC.

Ghost
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Not sure I'll be getting another Game/DLC from EA. I'm pretty close to abandoning them after they started the microtransaction pay2upgrade shit.

EA's whole corporate attitude can suck a dick.

Apparently they're sucking each other off at E3 all week instead of getting the new content to work.

I'm on the BF3 forums and while you can pay the $50 for the BF3 Premium package, and you can pay the $15 for the new DLC map pack if you don't want to buy Premium, you cannot connect to the servers to actually play the game, and/or it connects and then locks up on the Loading screen and leaves you with a Black Screen of Death until you manually restart your now-frozen PS3.

Awesome, eh?

I heard they're making another. I don't think I want to buy Call of Duty Modern Warfare 26. There's never anything new

There's never anything new because everyone votes with their wallets and when they buy 15 Million copies of BF3 and 100 Million copies of COD, but they won't buy anything with a new title, or style of play, then the "safe bet" for Big Bucks is for EA and Activision to keep churning out the same shit over and over again...

...sad but true...

BF3 is sick, I've played a lot of it on the PS3. I haven't played much in awhile though, so not sure if I'm going to get the DLC.

Well, right now you can get it for PS3, it just won't work so you can play it...:mad::x:mad::puppy::wait::mad::x

HR636
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I'm disappointed with all the games out. BF3 is definitely a step above COD. They've not changed anything gameplay related beside adding extraneous features that are unnecessary.

What I'd like to see is a real combat simulator. Something where your weapons malfunction at a realistic percentage, and have to be cleared during combat. Seeing scopes, and optics at actual sight level, semi distorted with the buttstock and barrel still in view. Varying weather conditions, more realistic bullet characteristics, windage and elevation adjustments. Iron sights that aren't completely level or steady especially while moving, slower resets after recoil, magazines that stay at a constant capacity when tactically reloaded.

Team based combat, specific goals, extractions, hostage scenarios. Some of the things reminiscent of early Counter-Strike gameplay modes, where teams would extract hostages, or try to prevent extraction. Friendly fire always on, no heads up display, having to physically look down at a mag pouch open it retrieve a magazine and remember how many magazines remain.

We have way too much technology available to not have a true to life combat simulator, and this would keep the kids from overcrowding servers and exploiting games. Whether or not there would be enough of a market to justify producing a game of this kind is the question.

Ghost
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
#5 really cracks me up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLH-6OIXhPE

Ghost
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Armored Kill comes out in September, and will suck unless you're on PC to enjoy the full 64-player action. I'm assuming the consoles will still be 24 players, which means there'll be 10 people in vehicles and 2 stuck on the ground looking for something to do...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdonRaoT85w

grim
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 12:54 PM
#5 really cracks me up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLH-6OIXhPE

No way number 6 was fucking hilarious!

Ghost
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 12:55 PM
No way number 6 was fucking hilarious!

Yeah, I typo'd, 6 was the tank, right?

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I'm disappointed with all the games out. BF3 is definitely a step above COD. They've not changed anything gameplay related beside adding extraneous features that are unnecessary.

What I'd like to see is a real combat simulator. Something where your weapons malfunction at a realistic percentage, and have to be cleared during combat. Seeing scopes, and optics at actual sight level, semi distorted with the buttstock and barrel still in view. Varying weather conditions, more realistic bullet characteristics, windage and elevation adjustments. Iron sights that aren't completely level or steady especially while moving, slower resets after recoil, magazines that stay at a constant capacity when tactically reloaded.

Team based combat, specific goals, extractions, hostage scenarios. Some of the things reminiscent of early Counter-Strike gameplay modes, where teams would extract hostages, or try to prevent extraction. Friendly fire always on, no heads up display, having to physically look down at a mag pouch open it retrieve a magazine and remember how many magazines remain.

We have way too much technology available to not have a true to life combat simulator, and this would keep the kids from overcrowding servers and exploiting games. Whether or not there would be enough of a market to justify producing a game of this kind is the question.

Arms 2 is right up your alley. 3 is due in winter.

grim
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I typo'd, 6 was the tank, right?

Yea when he drove it up the alley destroying everyone.

Ghost
Thu Jul 19th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Yea when he drove it up the alley destroying everyone.

Heh, yeah that's the one!