PDA

View Full Version : Bike accident on 9News

dm_gsxr
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Anyone see the rescue on 9News. Brandon Wright (spelling guessed) hit a BMW and slid under the car. A burning car! A bunch of folks lifted the car so he could be pulled out. A few broken bones (which gear probably wouldn't have helped) and road rash (no gear or helmet apparently).

Good on the folks who risked burns to help the guy.

Carl

madvlad
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Dude that's crazy, all these happenings with crashes and good samaritans.

dm_gsxr
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I haven't seen details yet but I'm curious how he could have hit the car hard enough to set it on fire and then slid under the car. "he had to lay it down to avoid an accident" maybe?

Carl

mdub
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
good samaritans

that is just grt humanity.

MilkMan
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 05:25 PM
The video is posted on here in the multimedia section. It is crazy to see.
-Mick-

longrider
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I saw the video and it was the bike that was on fire, not the car (other than anything that caught from the burning bike) From the way it was burning and what almost looked like a torch coming out of the gas tank, I suspect the tank ruptured and started the fire. For the record, this in no way takes away from the greatness of the good samaritans, there is no way you could analyze the fire danger while thinking about saving the guy

rforsythe
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 09:31 PM
there is no way you could analyze the fire danger while thinking about saving the guy

The engine compartment of that car was burning when they lifted it, as well as the bike. Regardless of how the car was ignited, it's not hard to analyze "this guy's about to be a human hot dog". ;)

Reyven
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:23 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42477 video is here

AOK303
Tue Sep 13th, 2011, 10:27 PM
the bmw pulled out in front of the rider, after the bike and rider slide the bmw rode up and on, the gas line on bike cut and fire started. or so stated from previous post on 9news