PDA

View Full Version : Dinner With Jmetz CANCELED

Jmetz
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Bringing back an old classic. Right now I'm thinking Sunday evenings. I'm always open to restaurant suggestions. I'm thinking Thai for this first round. Lets see what the interest level is and we'll go from there.

Dinner will be at Wild Ginger on Monday 9-19 at 7:00pm

Wild Ginger
399 W Littleton Blvd
Littleton, CO 80120

grim
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Bringing back an old classic. Right now I'm thinking Sunday evenings. I'm always open to restaurant suggestions. I'm thinking Thai for this first round. Lets see what the interest level is and we'll go from there.

MMMMMM Thai i'll be watching this thread!!

Mother Goose
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I won't be able to make it, but US Thai in Edgewater has some of the best Thai in Denver.

Sleev
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I would be down for Thai too. This Sunday is probably a no go, though

bulldog
I won't be able to make it, but US Thai in Edgewater has some of the best Thai in Denver. Sh*t...Wild Ginger in Littleton has the best! :rock:

Sully
Great idea, Josh... I can't make it this time, but hopefully the next :)

Sleev
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Sh*t...Wild Ginger in Littleton has the best! :rock:

that place has great food, and the booths are rad too

sprtbkbabe
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Heck yeah!

In

Jmetz
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I won't be able to make it, but US Thai in Edgewater has some of the best Thai in Denver.

Was thinking US Thai.

I can move it to probably either Monday or Tuesday if that works better for people.

madvlad
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I'm down

bulldog
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Was thinking US Thai.

I can move it to probably either Monday or Tuesday if that works better for people. FU then Josh...I am out if since you didn't pick my Thai place :lol:

Mother Goose
Wed Sep 14th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Was thinking US Thai.

I can move it to probably either Monday or Tuesday if that works better for people.
That'd work better for us, since we'll be down at PPIR all weekend. BTW, US Thai is closed on Mondays.

Jmetz
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 08:50 AM
So Siobhan, Damir, are you guys cool with moving it to Monday or Tuesday and any preference?

sprtbkbabe
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 12:50 PM
So Siobhan, Damir, are you guys cool with moving it to Monday or Tuesday and any preference?

Either night works!

I was just checking out the Westword and there are a monster load of restaurants I've never been to. Shanahans is out since it's min $75/person, so I've heard :eek:

~Barn~
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Shanahan's is incredible. They have a Sunday Dinner menu that (while still not "cheap"), isn't horrible, if it's a once-in-awhile type thing. I'm a longtime fan of Morton's, and although I've only been to Shanahan's once, I think it maybe tops it.

4 words:
Order the shrimp cocktail.
:yumyum:

madvlad
Thu Sep 15th, 2011, 04:22 PM

Cool with me as long as weather holds out since I wont have a cage till November lol

Jmetz
Fri Sep 16th, 2011, 09:09 AM
So we'll go for Monday 7:00 at Wild Ginger in Littleton (Nate you have to show now) if that works for you guys. If you're gonna come please post so I can give them a bit of a warning if it's a big group.

bulldog
Fri Sep 16th, 2011, 09:17 AM
So we'll go for Monday 7:00 at Wild Ginger in Littleton (Nate you have to show now) if that works for you guys. If you're gonna come please post so I can give them a bit of a warning if it's a big group. Doh, you mean I have to be social! Ok, I will plan to be there; probably with my girl if she doesn't have to work. Make sure and bumb this thread Monday though :D

madvlad
Fri Sep 16th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Im dizzown

Ghost
Fri Sep 16th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Never been there, but "Wild Ginger" reminds me of this girl I knew once... :D

mdub
Fri Sep 16th, 2011, 01:19 PM
"Wild Ginger" reminds me of this girl I knew once...

i know her now. fell in love with her while she was dancing with a bright shiny pole at shot guns. taking her to dinner...taco bell up the street....maybe i'll get lucky....

sprtbkbabe
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I fubared my back racing this weekend, so I'll have to miss this round

Next grub meet for sure!

~Barn~
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 08:56 AM
So this is tonight? :D

Jmetz
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear Siobhan, heal up. B you gonna come out?

~Barn~
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Not sure yet. I'll see if Tanya's up for it.

Ghost
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 11:08 AM
i know her now. fell in love with her while she was dancing with a bright shiny pole at shot guns. taking her to dinner...taco bell up the street....maybe i'll get lucky....

Anything not on the dollar menu should work.

I fubared my back racing this weekend, so I'll have to miss this round

D'Oh!! Get better Sho!

bulldog
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I will be cutting it close since I get out of the gym around 6:30, but I will be there (Well as long as I read at least JMetz will be there).

I prefer either the Pad Thai or Panang Curry! If eaten both at least 20 times each and still love it.

madvlad
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Wont be making this one, have to work bell to bell today. Too much work in this shop

Jmetz
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
This is going off like gang busters! So Nate it looks like you and me with a slight chance of Barn. :lol:

Sully
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Josh - you still live in ATown?

Jmetz
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Close enough, I-70 and Tower.

bulldog
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 12:46 PM
This is going off like gang busters! So Nate it looks like you and me with a slight chance of Barn. :lol: Well I am not going if Barn doesn't go (we will look like two gay guys on a date), so it is all up to him! :devious: Odds of Tanya wanting to go are 1/1000 granted she is going to have a baby any second now :lol:

We'll check towards 4pm and see if anyone chimes in and go from there :)

Sully
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Close enough, I-70 and Tower.

Gotcha.. pick a restaurant that is closer.. mmm Greek! .. :yumyum: lol jk

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Josh - you still live in ATown?
I think he lives in a city, maybe even a village. ;)

Jmetz
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I tried that Greek restaurant up on Iliff a couple months ago. It was ok but very expensive and imo not quite worth it. It was a cool atmosphere though.

Well I think I'm going to make an executive decision and just scrap this thing.

Sully
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM
LOL - Chadwick..

Let's go to Pete's Kitchen or Pete's in Greek Town!! :D

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I tried that Greek restaurant up on Iliff a couple months ago. It was ok but very expensive and imo not quite worth it. It was a cool atmosphere though.

Well I think I'm going to make an executive decision and just scrap this thing.
US Thai tomorrow night? :eyebrows:

Jmetz
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Very tempting but I'm booked for an appearance tomorrow night.

Jmetz
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM
LOL - Chadwick..

Let's go to Pete's Kitchen or Pete's in Greek Town!! :D

Might could do that. If probably be more inclined to Pete's Greek Town.

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Jerusalem's! :D

Sully
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:39 PM

+1

We should make a top 10 list and go from there! :)

salsashark
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:40 PM

:drool:

Damn I miss living down by DU... Jerusalem's was our drunk food of choice.

Well, that and the wings from Faegan's. Usually Faegan's won because they were the cause of the drunkenness in the first place :lol:

We should make a top 10 list and go from there! :)

Hell, I could do a top 10 in that area!

Jerusalem's
John Holly's
Spanky's
Hanson's
Lincoln's Road House
Pete's Central 1
Thai Basil
Pub on Pearl (Ok, to be honest, I have no idea how the food is here, but it's a great drinking spot)

I need some help w/ the other 2

Devaclis
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Go to Country Buffet and Barn will be there waiting for you.

Sully
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:45 PM
:lol: - Dana...

Spanky's for sure, altho it's been a long time.. same with Jerusalem's.
I'm stuck in the Creek during the week, so please, don't add anything from that area, like The Cherry Cricket... bleh..

bulldog
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Go to Ameristar Buffet and Barn will be there waiting for you. Fixed! Got to admit, their buffet is top notch!

Ghost
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I tried that Greek restaurant up on Iliff a couple months ago.

"You want breakfast? Try the diner. You're obviously into Greek... get it?"
--Archer, S1 E1

Sleev
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I nominate http://www.littleindiadenver.com/

Sully
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Star of India at Parker & Dartmouth is good too!

~Barn~
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Whoa... I didn't mean to be the demise of this whole shindig.

Ya'll should just come over to my place tonight, and I'll grill some shit. Burgers, brats, chile dogs, whatever....

~Barn~
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:08 PM
On a purely coincidental note, I went and had Thai for lunch. I can't say I'm heartbroken that this is off now. =)

Jmetz
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM
It's all your fault B.

Jmetz
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Nate needed a buffer so he wouldn't try to come on to me.

bulldog
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Nate needed a buffer so he wouldn't try to come on to me. lol..I wasn't totally serious man, just was hoping we could get more people.

That'd work better for us, since we'll be down at PPIR all weekend. BTW, US Thai is closed on Mondays.
Here blame Wicky, he asks to change it to Monday so he has time to recover from PPIR, then bails. Sheeshh, guy never goes to the gym, but needs time to recover from races :lol:

Jmetz
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM
No worries Nate, I still love you.

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Nate needed a buffer so he wouldn't try to come on me.
Fixed for accuracy.

Here blame Wicky, he asks to change it to Monday so he has time to recover from PPIR, then bails. Sheeshh, guy never goes to the gym, but needs time to recover from races :lol:
Actually I wanted Tuesday, because that's when US Thai was open, but it got changed to a location in Littlefun. :drink:

BTW, come out to one of the races with us and hold up a camera for 8 hours in 90 degrees and see how you feel the next day. :D