PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Ride for Jessica - RIDE DETAILS. Sunday Sept 21

Anonymous
Mon Sep 1st, 2003, 11:01 PM
We have a page set up with all the information you could ever need to know, but were afraid to ask!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/misc/jessica.html <-- click it! :)

Some snippets:
- We are doing the Bishop's Castle ride.
- We have a nice scenic twisty route planned if the weather is decent. If it isn't, we even have a more direct lower, shorter, less-western route under our sleeves. (See, we think of everything around here... :) )
- If meeting in Denver, please fuel up before we leave. We will fuel up in Colorado Springs as well.
- This won't be a short ride, this is a full-day trip. We cannot empasize enough the importance of bringing proper clothing in case the weather changes!

The meeting spot off Hwy 24 in Colorado Springs is not yet
determined! We will narrow this down in the next week or so and
update everyone.

We also have over 80 people confirmed for this ride now! This is a GREAT turnout and exemplifies the kind of person Jessica was to all of us. This is also the largest ride CSC has ever done, and a long one at that. The basic rules and stuff are in that webpage, and we'll go over everything with the group before we leave like normal.

We hope to see you all there!

surfinspacegirl
Tue Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:24 AM
Ralph

I can't make the new date of 9/21 - I will be at a wedding in Winter Park that day. Sorry :|

EDIT: Great memorial page :)

Hanna

Jix6
Tue Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:44 AM
Hey guys, Great Page for Jess. :cry:
I'll definately be going on that ride. As for Jess stickers, I'm pretty sure I'll be at zang's this week, can anyone bring 2-3 for me? If not, then I can get em at the ride. On a side note: Can we organize a CSC Habitat day? As maybe an ongoing memorial? Just an idea.

Anonymous
Tue Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:03 AM
Hey guys, Great Page for Jess. :cry:
I'll definately be going on that ride. As for Jess stickers, I'm pretty sure I'll be at zang's this week, can anyone bring 2-3 for me? If not, then I can get em at the ride. On a side note: Can we organize a CSC Habitat day? As maybe an ongoing memorial? Just an idea.

Yeah I was thinking this ride could be an annual thing, turn it into a CSC charity event, that type of deal. But I want to get through this one first before doing that. ;)

S2RGRL
Tue Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:41 PM
hey are we meeting up before hand to discuss any details regarding this ride? And by the way... :up: great job on the Memorial Page.

Anonymous
Tue Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:52 PM
We (ride leaders) can meet up beforehand at Zangs or wherever to talk about it, sure.

Also FYI, there is a change in the route coming up. I mistakenly chose some bad roads I guess, plus we're going to make it closer to Jess' route when this happened (go through the spot with the group, etc). Details to follow, I am going to verify roads this weekend.

Anonymous
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 02:11 AM
UPDATE:

First off, thank you to everyone helping me plan this out! I've had a lot of input from a few of you which is making this easier.

Now, the meeting spot in Colorado Springs... Take I-25 to the Cimarron/Hwy 24 West exit, #141. Go west on Cimarron (left if coming from the north end, you get spun around on the exit) a short distance to 8th street. Turn left on 8th and go approximately 1/4 mile to Moreno and you will see an Office Depot/Hobby Lobby parking lot. It should be fairly empty on a Sunday morning, pull in there and park over by the Hobby Lobby end of things. There is a pretty big gas station in this lot, plus lots of local fast food if you get hungry.

When we leave the CoSpgs stop, we will go back down 8th to Cimarron and continue west - this road is Highway 24.

There is also a route update, free of dirt roads (oops), a bit shorter, and taking us down the road where Jessica died. Rather than explain it, please visit the web page at http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/misc/jessica.html which has been updated with this information. As always, if anyone has any questions please feel free to let me know!

Thanks and see you all on the 21st!
- Ralph

Ripper
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Where and what time is everyon from Denver planning on metting up?

Anonymous
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Where and what time is everyon from Denver planning on metting up?The answer to your questions can be found here: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/misc/jessica.html#ride

Anonymous
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Also FYI (in case you missed it) the route and Colorado Springs stop have been updated, on the page Spidey linked to above. :)

Ripper
Tue Sep 9th, 2003, 10:48 PM
Thanx Ralph